Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anyone ever done the brony challenge

Doctor T

I can't.

I like watching the show, but there are some episodes that I can't take watching.

Plus, I can't do it without my Junk food/ Caffeine, all of dat goodness..

I have no issue of not skipping intro or credits.

Overall though, I can't take the challenge, one day though. sad.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Fluttershy~

I did make an attempt to complete it before but I couldn't make it past the first season. I can't stand the first season and I didn't enjoy a good bit of the episodes, so it's a little harder for me. Plus, there are more important things for me to waste my time on than ponies. The only time I marathon things are anime shows and that's only for around 3 hours a day at the most. Plus, the show gets rather boring, honestly.

Edited by Michael De Santa

You know... I completed this challenge back when it was only 2 Seasons... boy was my head messed up for awhile. A number of the NC bronies all met up at a pegasisters house and started watching. I was the only one who watched the ENTIRE TIME even though I'd only had 3 hours of sleep the night before.

After that ponies had invaded my every absent thought. The songs of the shows overlapping any other music I was listening to. Even my dreams were all wonky.

I know it sounds cool, but really... it was wasn't. (It totally was)

OMICELESTIA. this happens to me if I just stay up during the night watching stuff like Smosh. (My sense of humor has improved.) maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea for me to do this...

BUT WHAT YOU GONNA DO? vsTALhM.png

when I first discovered Girl Genius (an awesome webcomic, try it!!!) I was up basically all night... for a year...dang, I saw them in my dreams....blink.png

Isn't the average episode length 22 minutes and 16 seconds? With 65 episodes, it'll run for something like 24 hours and 15 minutes. Math and I DO NOT get along, but I whipped out my trusty calculator. I guess if you cut the opening and closing themes, you'd make it, but what about silly things like bathroom breaks, sleep, and food? I guess again you could load them all onto a laptop and take it to the toilet with you, but that's kinda icky.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you include Equestria Girls it is impossible to watch every single episode in 24 hours. If you don't, it's still impossible because you need time to sleep and eat.

You can eat while you watch, and sleep is for the weak. Maybe it's even possible to watch while you're asleep. I've seen weirder things. Anyway, as you've said, EQG puts it over the 24 hour limit, so it doesn't matter. It doesn't bother me though because I stopped watching the show in the middle of season 2.

Upon clicking this topic I was kinda expecting something along the lines of "Run through a Best Buy with a My Little Pony T-Shirt, backpack and some other item of choice and create conversations with random people"

That may sound really dumb, but ya know how it is. The Jeep life is a tough life, man.

Anyways, I remember reading someone's post that was directed along the lines that it is impossible to watch all the episodes of "My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" and the movie "Equestria Girls" in 24 hours.

I say hoopla. Why not just watch them simultaneously? Hell, you could do the challenge in less than the 23 hours if you had more than one episode playing at once. (Obviously you'd have to be viewing more than one episode at once, not having all the episodes open in different tabs. That would be cheating.)

Cheating you say? Once again, I say HOOPLA. It's just a different way to do it. If you can snack while watching a movie, you can watch two (hell maybe three) different things at once. Oh, loopholes, how I enjoy your presence.

Does this mean I'm going to do this? No. Not at all. I got other things to do that involve selling propane and drugs.

Edited by Chevette
  • Brohoof 2

I probably could, I have pulled an all-nighter before because of education. Eating and drinking are just a matter of accessibility, I'd hypothetically come prepared with snacks, prepared meals and around 6-8 fluid containment units graded at 750mL filled with water. The no alcohol and no caffeine clauses would be easy to avoid as I abstain from alcohol and keep my caffeine intake to a minimum.

Two Three issues though... Firstly, I don't have a webcam. Secondly, I don't think I ever want to pull off another all-nighter, the following day I crashed pretty hard. (Figuratively of course, I mean I collapsed into a really deep slumber for several hours.) Thirdly, I don't exactly have the time to do that sort of thing any more... It certainly is doable though if anyone was determined enough to accept the challenge.

Edited by Celtore

Couldn't you just watch this?

http://youtu.be/zR7V_bCyZe0

It can be done in about 22 minutes, with plenty of time to spare, so you could even watch Equestria Girls. 

Now that video had to take FOREVER to render. I mean sweet holy shitness... Every episode in one video. 

But I admire this, thinking outside the circle. Awesome find on that video. Now all those people who doubt it could have been done in less than 24 hours are crying it up. Now you can watch them all in less than whatever the runtime of Equestria Girls is (minus those pesky credits of course).

Rock on, man. ROCK ON!

• Brohoof 1

Now that video had to take FOREVER to render. I mean sweet holy shitness... Every episode in one video. 

But I admire this, thinking outside the circle. Awesome find on that video. Now all those people who doubt it could have been done in less than 24 hours are crying it up. Now you can watch them all in less than whatever the runtime of Equestria Girls is (minus those pesky credits of course).

Rock on, man. ROCK ON!

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. If it takes a while just to render simple things on my computer, that must have took a long time. 

Anyway, I read what you said, and it reminded me of a video I watched a while ago, and I googled it, and found that video. So, if you didn't point that out, I would have never thought of that video. So, thank you for posting your post. smile.png

Is there extra points for doing the challenge twice in one day? With Equestria Girls included?

Edited by Blue Moon

I watched 26 episodes + All of Season 3 + Equestria Girls in one weekend with a bunch of bronies. We started the shows at 10 AM on Saturday and ending the screening at 2PM the next day. We took pauses to eat, sleep and do other stuff during this time.

Deal is, doing this is exhaustive. It has been for me at least. So watching all 3 seasons in 24 hours? No way I can pull this off. Sorry, I'm off to this challenge, but I am doing the 66 days of ponies thought. Yesterday (30 mins ago for me) was Too Many Pinkie Pies, and today (the day that barely just started) will be One Bad Apple.

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. If it takes a while just to render simple things on my computer, that must have took a long time. 

Anyway, I read what you said, and it reminded me of a video I watched a while ago, and I googled it, and found that video. So, if you didn't point that out, I would have never thought of that video. So, thank you for posting your post. img-1998744-1-smile.png

Is there extra points for doing the challenge twice in one day? With Equestria Girls included?

It's all about that teamwork, man. TEAMWORK!

Yeah but seriously, I bet he lost 5 men in the rendering of a video like that...

Twice in one day? SSSSHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT. We do that challenge like more than seven times in a day. I would do the math to see what it would come out to if it was repeated... Oh whatever, I don't have anything else to do right now. Hold on, this will be all with nothing more than a pencil, paper and my glorious mind.

Back up kids, some hardcore mathematics are about to commence.

Alright, so the total possible points if all the challenges are met with in the 24 hours mark would be: 21,651

That's if all the songs are sang and the facecam thing is done. Obviously, since I don't know all the songs and don't have the time to render a video even if it will be shorter than they originally expected I created a second total.

This total is missing the facecam thing and the singing which docks 3,000 and 9,001 points from the total possible points. The new total after this is: 12,350

Since there is nothing in the rules about Equestria Girls, we can't add points unless we say "Fuck the rules" which I am perfectly okay with. So instead, here's what we can do. Add up the general amount of points per episode it takes to make up the movie "Equestria Girls". The runtime of the movie is 72 minutes. So that's about 4 episodes (We'll round up, it's really like 3 and a quarter though) So that's only 40 points for the movie. That only dogs our total to 12,390

Not a issue, because we have that video with all the episodes in one so we can still make quota plus some. Since we can Easily gain 12,390 points with the movie (in full) and all 65 episodes in one video, we got time to rack more in. Shit, if we sing and film ourselves we could crank that total up to 21,691, but I don't wanna.

So, just to gain 12,390 points (without the facecam and singing) all we gotta do is the 22 minute and 17 second video containing all 65 episodes and the full length of Equestria Girls which is 72 minutes. That's only 94.17 minutes. A little over a hour and a half. so call it 90 minutes.

In 90 minutes we are racking 12,390 points without some challenges to boot. So what if we wanted to extend this theory a little more? (Like I haven't brought this on enough?) To gain maximum pointage and destroy the world, couldn't the movie and video containing all 65 episodes be watched more than once? And since we are already overlapping episodes, you could even watch the video while watching the movie, right? OF COURSE!

So 4 episodes per 1 Equestria Girls showing. That really means 4 of those 12,350 point videos during 1 showing of Equestria Girls which gains you only 40 points. So that's 12,350 times 4 which is 49,400 plus the 40 from Equestria Girls which is 49,440. Bam. Just doubled the total without the singing and facecam. 

What if we did those things? then just take 21,651 times 4 and add 40 for the movie which is 86,644. DAMN. But I wouldn't go to that extent now would I? 

So how many of these could we do in a day? Well, I don't know... So it just takes about 90 minutes to gain the 49,440 points. How many 90 minute sets could we fit in a day? Let's find out. A one! A two! A three- shit. 

Okay for real. We could do this 16 times in a day. So, 49,440 points times 16. That's a whopping 791,040 points! Just think if we sung and did the facecam now. That'd be 1,386,304 points!

Yeah, at that point I'd be pretty damn sure we would win. But hey, just some theory for ya. For the starting numbers, I used the rule sheet and did not bother to check it for accuracy, so yeah just saying. It actually doesn't matter since the video thing is being used. I mean the actual total of episodes comes out to like 24 hours flat. So even if you don't take this awesome route, it could still be done if you wanna starve yourself and pee in a cup or something for 24 hours.

I'm actually terrible at math, so who even knows if all this is right. I think it is, but ya know it is 4:30 in the morning and I had nothing better to do... Enjoy!

Edited by Chevette
  • Brohoof 1

mlfw3406-13282074473265.gif

I was going to do this challenge during the summer but had no time for it. I certainly can't do it now either, the main problem is that I need sleep. I will do this one day though, I just doubt I'll do it now. I have to do it though, I don't know if now is the best time, maybe I'll start on Friday.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Sorry to burst your bubble but if you include Equestria Girls it is impossible to watch every single episode in 24 hours. If you don't, it's still impossible because you need time to sleep and eat.

Pfft...sleeping..who needs that? Besides, if you stock up on food and drink and stick it next to the computer before attempting the challange, you can complete this. YOU CAN DO IT! WE BELIEVE IN YOUwub.png  

I've gone days without sleep, its not very difficult. As for food: eat while watching. cereal without milk is a good option, pretty much any type of crackers or chips or "junk food", etc. If you have somebody else in the house you can arrange for them to deliver hot meals to wherever it is you are doing the challenge, and as for liquids: either bring lots of water bottles before hand or arrange for them to be provided with the meals, presuming you have the option of the assistance of another person.

wow, that is insane. I don't think I would want to do that, let alone could. I got too much going on with school and work... Props to anyone that does pull it off though.

I am definitely going to try this on Sunday! Lol I probably won't even make it through the first 8 hours ahh well might as well try anyways

Lol same here becasue around 8 hours in some one will need me to do something