Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are you a Brony?

Drumstickrd

We all love the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (We wouldn't be here if we didn't), but I've been thinking for the past couple of days. My question is why do we brony's enjoy this show? What appeals to us that we have continued to make countless different art and music and videos and websites dedicated to this show? I would love to know your guy's opinion. What keeps you watching and tuning every Saturday morning? Why are YOU a brony?

• Brohoof 1

I think the show appeals to me in it's own way, from the community to what the writers are able to put their ideas on the TV screen to make their imaginations come true. What keeps me watching the show every Saturday morning, is what the show is known for.

i'm going to be very honest here... right now i'm more a brony for the wonderfull community that's the fanbase then i am for the actual show.

i like MLP, but it kinda grew off of me lately. maybe when s4 airs i'll get more into it again :P 

also, i like how there are lots of adult references in the show.

First of all, the show because that's the whole point of being a brony, but the most important reason I wanted to be a brony is because the community is really tight and together. A lot of the shows values are seen in the fans and that's just awesome 

Well first and foremost I enjoy watching the show: and I enjoy visiting MLP forums and having a good old discussion about fun topics (like this one here) and making new friends with the people here. I also like the music remixes, the art works also pretty awesome.

Alright, so at some point in the future I am going to make a huge, long, rambling post about why I started watching the show and what it means to me... but no spoilers!

As of right now, I watch the show because the characters are great, the lessons are genuine, and it is honestly just a fun program! The more I look at the show, the more the lessons really resonate with me. I don't think you are ever too old to learn something about friendship or life in general. Also, the characters in the show do a great job of being sincere and enjoyable.

In short, put me down for the generic answer of, "The Characters and The Plot!"

I was just a fan of the show and comics at first because of my feminist academic roots (and the great writing). I collect feminist children's literature and this show is just a much better influence on children (and everyone else) than most of the crap out there.

Then my wife and I hung out with a friend and her husband (who is a real Brony), and we just kinda clicked. He showed me his collection if MLP stuff and we started talking. The documentary really pulled me over too (the patter sing was fantastic). I found the community to be uniquely uplifting and creative, so in I jumped.

Seeing all these simple responses, mine will be fairly out of place. Well anyway, I was in a depression, pretty bad, and I didn't want to live anymore. I thought I had nothing to lose. The next school year I made some friends and then I had that something to lose. This was years ago and it's been on and off. It always left a bad taste in my mouth, it never really left. I found MLP, and I guess that acted as my remedy. And I'm cured. I no longer have that bad taste in my mouth and no real risk of going back to that.

I originally became a brony via ponyhoof for facebook. I was an aspiring web developer (now going more design route) so I wanted to download it to see the coding behind it. Looking at ponies every day on facebook got me curious, I saw all the awesome fanart, decided to watch an episode (Magical Mystery Cure) and was hooked. Went back to the beginning and watched all 3 seasons within a week and a half.

Why am I a brony now? Character Development, Animation, and community more than anything. Still super excited to see s4 though!

I'm more or less just a brony because I do enjoy watching the show. The only characters I really care about though are: Rarity, Octavia, Princess Celestia, Princess Cadence, Discord, Twilight Sparkle and Sweetie Belle. Remove those characters and I sure as hell wouldn't watch it anymore. I really enjoy the animation and voice acting as well. I'm not really a big fan of the fandom itself however since it has a bad habit of making me angry. 

First of all, it's the show it appeals to me since I like cartoons and I love how cute it is, I also recognized its quality. Secondly, the community was very welcoming and for a guy that doesn't seem to fit in, I felt welcomed. I love Fluttershy and Derpy, I'm just in love with the brony community, I love every aspect of it, the art, music, conventions and just about everything.

I just feel a lot happier, when I became a brony it was a turning point in my life, it changed everything.

Brony for life.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

Why huh? good question. 

Mainly for mostly the show and the main reason since it was really a great show watching back in 2012 and it continues to be great imo.

Another reason the forums here. Mainly for the people I've met on here while being here really is what always draws me back here. Kind of funny that after finding a show you like a lot never would have thought back then I'd join a forums site ever or something remotely like this. Through all the ups and downs you know the show still is nice I think and the forums have always been a nice place to go to. 

Those are my reasons really.

Honestly, I think I just like the show (aside from the writing and animation) because it's cute and has an overall them of peacefulness that isn't overdone to the point of being sickening. Also, it might be the community. I have been to a few of the conventions (Fiesta Equesria, BronyFanFair, and Nightmare Nights) and the majority of the people I hang out with there are really kind and considerate people and aren't the "rabid brony" that I keep finding all over the internet (that's a rant for another time though lol).

Simply because I like the whole show in general.

Everything is done so well - including, but not limited to; the animation, audio, songs, and story line.

Also the fanbase is very kind too - which makes it more inviting.

I'll also get more into it when Season 4 comes around.

Ill try to keep this short, the main reason I am a brony is because it seems to have replaced most of the sadness and depression in my heart. Since becoming a brony, Ive been better at dealing with my own emotions and just generally better at dealing with other people, Im a lot friendlier now than I have been in years. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't become a part of the MLP fandom.

ARE YOU QUESTIONING BRONYISM?! HOW DARE YOU!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
But to answer your question:

I am a Brony because the show has major potential (most of It hidden) and has a lot of lessons to learn about life. Most of these lessons are meant for kids but I think a lot of adults could use these lessons aswell since most adults I know are dumber than a bag of worms... Anyway. The main reason that I'm a Brony is because the show is amusing and could really teach people something. Sure, sometimes the episodes are ridiculous and out-of-place, and the show is meant for little kids, but perhaps that's just a mask to something much larger. Oh, and I watch MLP because MLP is MLP and MLP is AWESOMENESS.

Edited by DJ Alicorn