Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Minimum Character Limit is dead*

Lavo

I like and support this...except for the games and the lounge forums. They had a zero limit, and you could just post a picture or a gif and say your piece like that,

Wah.

(yes, there is always one lousy guy who will find fault with anything)

I like and support this...except for the games and the lounge forums. They had a zero limit, and you could just post a picture or a gif and say your piece like that,

Wah.

(yes, there is always one lousy guy who will find fault with anything)

:3 They still don't have a limit. That's just an ongoing bug the forums have had for months and months now, that Lavo is still unsure of how to immediately fix. It says it has a limit, but it won't stop you if you don't reach it.

• Brohoof 1

180px-Simon_Grave.gif

Rest in peace Minimum Character Limit. sad.png

But hey, at least everyone is happy. biggrin.png I didn't mind it, but at least now I don't have to put much more thought into a post than I need to just to speak my mind about something I don't want to talk my gums off about.

Edited by CloudMistDragon

Oh, no! My ability to be self-righteous has been compromised!

"What? You couldn't find enough to say to fill 100 characters? n00b!"

(PS - without this sentence, even the above would have been enough to reach the prior limit :D)

Seriously, though, I'm glad this change has been implemented. It's not before time, although I do appreciate (having seen it firsthand) why it took so long to happen.

• Brohoof 2

Seriously? Why u do dis? D:

I personally loved the character limit. Sure, it could be annoying at times, but it allowed more contribution. I never really find that limit hard to reach anyway. If it had to be lowered, I think 50 characters would've been better. But I guess we could just see how this turns out first...

• Brohoof 4

I actually never had a problem with the character limit... then again I always tended to ramble on a lot when it probably wasn't necessary too.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't really have such a problem. I always had something to say and apparently that was all that mattered. What you should try fixing is the copy paste of mentioning names. For example a mention that is apparent in blue letters if copy-pasted counts as characters. That shouldn't happen.

I'm glad to hear this: I mean to be fair sometimes it meant I spent more time getting as much detail into my posts as possible, but when it was just like a few words that needed to be said it was just a real headache.

Great news :)

If that's what yawlz think is cool. For me, it's always like "Agh, how the heck am I gonna get to 100 cha- oh, that's it? Really?" Being incredibly verbose, at least in print, this has never bothered me all that much. But if it makes people happy then I'm all for it. I was a little surprised not to see that the Life Advice section also had a reduced character limit, but I have a feeling that people will exceed 200 characters anyway. Anyway, hope everyone's happy with the decision :)

I am okay with this.  Oftentimes, I would rather just be short,sweet, and to the point on my posts, but that limit kept me being practical, and I got in trouble a few times for it :\  Well, now I don't need to go on any more finger rants, unless a subject deems it necessary

Oh my gosh.

8 characters, twenty is the minimum. Omigosh. I will never get tired of seeing that. 

tumblr_lwvosvsZG91qii6tmo1_400.gif

See? Bitching does get you your way once in awhile. tongue.png

But seriously, glad it's been lowered. Most of my posts would never need more than 80 characters but because of the minimum limit I have to pad my post and it makes the way I say things really awkward.

Now the question is how to handle things that are originally on another forum but are put into the debate pit later and has posts less than 100 because of it. I hope people don't start getting modded left and right by mistake. tongue.png

But.. don't you think new topic post should still have 100 character minimum?

Why complicate things? It doesn't take a huge explanation for some things to spark a conversation. Imagine if someone posted a news article but wanted to wait for others to post before mentioning their thoughts or were asking a simple question that didn't require such a gigantic explanation. You run into the same problem. A topic starter and a post aren't really all that different in how much content they need.

Edited by Discordian

Hmm, interesting.  Hopefully you all won't find my posts to be too short, I come from a forum where the minimum character limit is and always has been 10.   Ha!  People still end up typing filler text, sadly.

Anyways, I doubt I'll have much of a problem with it.  Usually when I make a post, it's because I have something to say, and when I have something to say generally it will mean something, and posts that mean something frequently have lots of writing in them!

• Brohoof 1