Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moved to Elsewhere

I've noticed some interesting cartoon threads tonight so I thought "Why not remake a thread I made a while back that didn't get a whole lot of attention. 

So what is your least favorite 90s cartoon. The 90s did have a lot of great cartoon but there were some that were not that good, so here are mine

My little pony tales: okay that was predictable but that show is extremely corny and even more cliched than fim.

those cartoons that are based on video games: I know some of them came out in the 80s but some lasted into the 90s. These shows had rushed animation, bad voice acting, and were extremely cheesy. The only good thing I could say is that they would sometimes be laughably cheesy that they could cause memes (excuse me princess)

Rocket Power: I'm probably gonna get some flack for this don't worry I'm not against you if you like the show, I just found it boring and too "we're totally skater dudes and use outdated slang" for me and the characters weren't that interesting to me

Catdog: I'll probably get even more flack for this but I find this show really hard to sit through. This show could get mean-spirited sometimes and that's kind of pet peeve of mine and when it's not doing that, it just bores me to death. Also the characters are kind of dull and a little bit of jerks

Anyway I probably got some people angry so what are your least favorite 90s cartoons discuss away *runs away from angry mob that would probably chase me*

• Brohoof 1

I guess Rocket Power was pretty boring to me, since we all know that they did skateboard and used skateboard lingo in the 90s. It's okay if you like the show but, it never caught my attention.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I have a least favorite but I find it rather hard to sit through Animaniacs. I love Wakko, but the show is just too unfunny for me. 

Also, Spongebob. I never really liked Spongebob and I just found the show to be really annoying and unfunny but also uninteresting. I liked Squidward, but that was the only part I liked.

• Brohoof 1

What are you talking about, there's no bad 90's cartoon.

90's cartoons > Today's cartoons.

Kids these days just watch crap

R.I.P. Cartoon Network 1992-2004

R.I.P Nickelodeon 1979-2008

#90skid

Edited by Lacey Shadows
  • Brohoof 4

Maybe it's just my Californian-ness shining through, but I actually liked Rocket Power...

Anyway, I can't think of any '90s toons I could label as the "worst", but I can definitely slap the "vastly overrated" label on Ed, Edd n' Eddy. It's often touted as the most totally awesome '90s cartoon, like, EVAR, man (even though it was more of a late '90s/early '00s thing), but I respectfully disagree. Was too loud and obnoxious, and had arguably worse animation than Peanuts.

...I know, I know. Burn the heretic.

I guess the only other thing I found myself changing the channel with was Ahhh, Real Monsters! for some reason. Again, not terrible, but I found it pretty boring and I found the voices of Oblina and Ickis to be...well...ear sodomy at its finest.

• Brohoof 4

What's with the hate on Rocket Power??? That show was really good in my opinion, I liked it a lot.

I don't know if there is any show I really thought was the worst, but there were some shows that I didn't really watch I guess.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah... Rocket Power was pretty lame. It tried so hard to be hip and cool, but it failed pretty miserably at it.

I don't remember having much of a problem with CatDog, though. It was never one of my favorites, but I watched it.

The cartoons that I didn't care for were the ones that just were about being gross and over-the-top. I recall Cow and Chicken being one of them. If Invader Zim was a 90's cartoon (I'm forgetting whether it was late 90s or early 00s), I would count it, too. That show had so much hype, but I found it to be nothing more than another gross and over-the-top cartoon like Cow and Chicken.

oh yeah I didn't mention Cow and Chicken it's a show that can be hit or miss with me. There are some good aspects like the voice acting is cool considering the 3 main characters are voiced by one person and there is some edgy humor that can be funny though. The problem is they take some jokes a bit over the top and the gross out jokes can get really old

Rocket Power?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_JJcZ0Igw

Why is everybody hatin' on one of the coolest shows in the 90s? Was it that it appeared cheesy?

And CatDog. That was perhaps one of the funniest cartoons

But the worst...let's see here...eh...nothing at the moment. 

For me Captain Planet and the Planeteers, it was quite preachy and shoddy with it's environmental messages, the writers tried to deliver the morals without finesse, I sense the writers were not talented enough to convey the message thoroughly and subtlety, not only the environment but social issues like AIDS and gang violence, as a result the delivery can get quite glum or risqué for children to comprehend, even the heroes Captain Planet and the five teenagers lack imagination just like the stories and the plot, so the show is quite predictable, both the Nostalgia Critic and Linkara have review Captain Planet material, and they reflect my feelings toward the show, and do explain in better detail than I can, so I recommend watching their reviews if you get a chance to.       

Rugrats...

It wasn't clever, funny or particularly pleasant to the eyes. So honestly, I didn't get the hoopla that surrounded that whole show during it's airing. Plus, they bumped my favorite show of the air to air Rugrats, so there's also that.

Ehhh...I wasn't feeling the love with Cow and Chicken.

Ren and Stimpy was very hit or miss with me. There were a few scenes that stuck out to me like the Happy Happy Joy Joy song. But really, in retrospect, the show is pretty explicit. There's a lot of stuff in that show that you miss as a kid and you go back as an adult and think to yourself "now how dafuq did I miss that?"

But then there was Disney's Doug. Not the original series. The second one.

Let us not venture there. 

As much as I loved Rocket Power as a kid, watching it now is pretty hard, but I think it has mostly to due with its outdated dialogue, and just about everything else aging poorly. Still, even for all its problems I've noticed now, it still manages to be awesome with "Ancient Hawaiians" Tito, and I still love Twister and Sam

Unfortunately unlike Rocket Power where it feels awkward, rewatching CatDog nowadays just feels unpleasant. I used to like this show, but seeing it just makes me simmer a bit with just how utterly cruel it was to the title characters, Cat in particular

Disney's version of Doug was just ass

Maybe it's just my Californian-ness shining through, but I actually liked Rocket Power...

Anyway, I can't think of any '90s toons I could label as the "worst", but I can definitely slap the "vastly overrated" label on Ed, Edd n' Eddy. It's often touted as the most totally awesome '90s cartoon, like, EVAR, man (even though it was more of a late '90s/early '00s thing), but I respectfully disagree. Was too loud and obnoxious, and had arguably worse animation than Peanuts.

...I know, I know. Burn the heretic.

I guess the only other thing I found myself changing the channel with was Ahhh, Real Monsters! for some reason. Again, not terrible, but I found it pretty boring and I found the voices of Oblina and Ickis to be...well...ear sodomy at its finest.

I never got the appeal to Ed, Edd and Eddy either

• Brohoof 1

I think you misread that...

The sentence structure must of thrown you off derpy_emoticon1.png

I didn't hate or like "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" I was pretty neutral about it.

You silly goose.

I didn't hate it per-say but just liked the original over that one.

I didn't say you guys hated it (Gone Airbourne did say it sucked though) I just thought it was really a fun series.