Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

Hey there everypony. DerpLeOtakus here. I'm just wondering, what's your favorite anime? Perhaps add a why and a rating out of ten?

This is probably my first topic ever started. So....

Rules

-no spoilers, only summaries

-Don't hate on other ponies, if you don't like the anime, simply say, "oh. I didn't really enjoy that one."

-have fun! ^-^

Here. I'll start.

My favorite anime is probably Fairy Tail, as I'm a huge fangirl. The plot is interesting, and not as predictable as other animes sometimes are. I'd probably rate it a 9.8/10, knowing that there is probably a better anime series out there. The graphics are pretty good too, though I'm sure there are flaws.

Be warned though, as most anime series have, there is quite a bit of... "plot"

• Brohoof 4

Hmm I'd have to say that my favorite anime is either Angel Beats! or Soul Eater. They are both really good in terms of plot while soul Eater is longer Angel Beats! gave me massive feels (to the point of crying like a baby) and I feel that I don't usually cry about movies or shows...

• Brohoof 2

I haven't watched enough anime to actually pick a favorite but I'll do so anyway. Attack on titan was awesome and is my favorite but like I said I haven't watched enough anime to pick so my favorite may or may not change.

exactly this. the only anime i managed to watch was attack on titan. i also watched maybe 3-4 episodes of one piece, but i didn't really like that one.

so yeah, i guess mine would be attack on titan :) 

• Brohoof 1

I like Lucky Star and Ouran High School Host Club. Lucky Star I like because it's fairly different from other anime shows, it's like a slice of life, but, it doesn't have a main plot every episode. It's a bunch of relatable scenes, which I think they pulled off very well. Unfortunately there's only 24 or so episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I'll have to say Puella Magi Madoka Magica or Ouran Highschool Host club. I love PMMM because the characters personality's and designs are simply perfection and I love the whole story line. I love OHSHC ALSO because of the originality of the characters. It's not every day you see a character like Haruhi Fujioka...

• Brohoof 1

Man... I want to say Attack on Titan, but it just recently stole my love from Gurren Lagann, which stole my love from Full Metal Alchemist, which stole my love from Death Note, wh-(You see where this is going)

I'm gonna have to say... Gurren Lagann!... "FINAL ANSWER?" Final answer.

TENOUTTATEN

Why? Because I guarantee you won't find THAT much pure adrenaline and epic slap in the face action in such a tightly wrapped package ANYWHERE ELSE! angry.png

*ehem* But that's just my two bits..

• Brohoof 2

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's like a freaking godsend packed with some of the greatest fight sequences in anime. I attribute that to the manga being created during the 80's, when men in manga could strike fabulous posses and still be considered manly. Also it's got some pretty sweet music references thrown in there.

Fabulous intro! Rarity would be proud.

Edited by SrFrog

WataMote/It's not my fault I'm not Popular.

Sweet mother of mercy, I have not cringed so damn hard in my entire life before I took this thing on. Nor have I felt such pity and empathy before. And the feels... don't even get me started on the feels.

ce4.jpg

• Brohoof 1

My favourite probably isn't the best I've watched, for some reason I just love it a lot. It's One Piece. Well at least for a good while it was my favourite. I have realised that there's a lot greater anime out there and have watched some classics, but One Piece still sticks as my favourite :)

• Brohoof 2

As freaking amazing as Attack on Titan is, I can't say it's my favorite. I just finished it so I'm still in the frame of mind of thinking it's like the best show ever. I have to give it a few weeks, and that'll fade away...just like for every other anime I've ever finished. 

I suppose my favorite would have to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for several reasons.

• It has amazing opening songs.
  • The animation style is pretty cool.
  • I'll forever love the story of Fullmetal Alchemist.
  • It has a nice blend of action, emotion, and decent characters.
  • It has a good amount of "right in the feels" moments. 

I'm actually re-reading the FMA manga at the moment, I forgot how awesome it was. I think Fullmetal Alchemist will forever be my favorite anime/manga. There's just something about it, y'know? 

• Brohoof 1

By far? Zeta Gundam followed closely by Dancouga Nova. There was just something about Zeta's dark, serious atmosphere that gave it an indescribable charm in my eyes. The Zeta itself is a ridiculously powerful unit, and most fans of the newer series don't realize that it was the first Gundam that had a full three-part 'Waverider'/flight mode. The story itself is a sequel to the original 1979 series, followed by Gundam ZZ (Double Zeta) and the movie Char's Counterattack, and centers around what happened AFTER the One Year War. Kamille's a fun protagonist; they love to make fun of his girly name and ease the tension of the series proper.

Dancouga Nova's awesome because the unit's awesome and my waifu's the main pilot. <3

Really, you have a giant combining robot called the Dancouga, with the sole purpose of interrupting an unfair conflict and bringing the more powerful side's forces down to the weaker side's. War breaks out? Side with an unfair advantage? Send in the Dancouga, wreck their forces, give the weaker side a better chance on a fairer battlefield.

Edited by Seraphim

Clannad.

It will always be my favourite. Q_Q

Cried like a baby nonstop, and it's so, in some ways, very...magical.

Not to mention the OST piano are very breathtaking, imo.

I'm more into the old school stuff from the 80's.

Akira

Bubblegum Crisis 

Bubblegum Crash

Ghost in the Shell

Dirty Pair

Riding Bean

Excel Saga (WAIT A MINUTE, THIS ONE IS FROM THE 90s)

Samurai Shamploo (WAIT A MINUTE, THIS ONE IS FROM THE 00s)

However, the most current ones that I'm watching that I really enjoy are Cromartie High School and Mushibugyo. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite anime(s) technically aren't anime. I think. Not sure. Well, except for one. Anyway. 

Two of them are made by Americans, but are in a kind of anime style. These two being: 'Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra' (since I count both of them as one anime, kinda)

And the other being 'RWBY' (hence, my avatar). 'RWBY'(pronounced 'Ruby') is a webseries created by Monty Oum, and produced by Rooster Teeth, the same people behind Red Vs. Blue. 'RWBY' is a really great show, in my opinion.

The other anime that is technically actually an anime, as it is not made by Americans, is 'Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann', which is - simply put - awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Neon Genesis Evangelion. These 26 episodes + movie make up what is the most thorough and accurate depiction of depression I've seen in any visual media. It broke me in ways I find hard to describe in mere words. In fact, I'm not gonna stop at calling it my favorite anime. It's my favorite work of fiction, full stop.

• Brohoof 1