Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

When it comes to cartoon like Anime, Fairy Tail all the way! Huge fan, and I love the story lines and the characters are all so well developed! Erza has to be my favorite character! Or Full Metal Alchemist. Sure it's gory at times, but so good!

When it comes to more traditional Anime, I have to go with Sword Art Online! Sure the story skips a lot and could have been so much more, but the idea behind it and how well it's developed makes it the best!
Now here's a question for you all who have watched it, if you gotten SAO, but waited a day to play it, (because of work or something) and saw the news about it... Would you still log in?

A new one that I have just started is Log Horizon. Take Dan Straight from Fairy Tail + Morgiana from Magi + SAO = Log Horizon. It's not bad, but entertaining. But that could just be from my Gaming perceptive.

The last one isn't exactly an "anime" but I think still worth mention would be Rooster's Teeth RWBY. The fight scenes are simply amazing and weapons are so creative!

Edited by Scratched Disk
  • Brohoof 1

Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn is the best anime ever followed by every single other Gundam series except Seed Destiny (a disgrace to the series). Its characters and plots are the most in-depth and well developed you'll ever see in any anime (in my opinion, having watched quite a significant amount of anime) Aside from Gundam, I'd have to say Spice and Wolf is really good as well. Nothing else comes to mind as being one of my favorites, so that's it I guess.

I'm more into the old school stuff from the 80's.

Akira

Bubblegum Crisis 

Bubblegum Crash

Ghost in the Shell

Dirty Pair

Riding Bean

Excel Saga (WAIT A MINUTE, THIS ONE IS FROM THE 90s)

Samurai Shamploo (WAIT A MINUTE, THIS ONE IS FROM THE 00s)

However, the most current ones that I'm watching that I really enjoy are Cromartie High School and Mushibugyo. 

I guess I'll add three more to my list of favorites.

I took a break from the two current animus I'm watching and decided to check out an OVA called "Black Magic M-66" it's basically a Terminator anime minus the whole time travel back story. Really good if you like quick paced stories and some action. 

Next I watched the "Battle Angel" OVA, and that was very well made, although I think two episodes wasn't enough to flesh out the characters and story, but there were some feelsy parts and the art style seemed to be somewhere between the round and wavy 80's anime to the sharp and pointy 90's anime. Pretty interesting.

The last one was a movie called "Galaxy Express 999" perhaps the oldest in this list, it had a very good story, and it had a lot of feels moments. Also, it has perhaps the most unique base female character design I've ever seen in an animu, it's like the design was inspired by fashion design sketches since they're all tall and their faces are very long. 

When it comes to cartoon like Anime, Fairy Tail all the way! Huge fan, and I love the story lines and the characters are all so well developed! Erza has to be my favorite character! Or Full Metal Alchemist. Sure it's gory at times, but so good!

When it comes to more traditional Anime, I have to go with Sword Art Online! Sure the story skips a lot and could have been so much more, but the idea behind it and how well it's developed makes it the best!

Now here's a question for you all who have watched it, if you gotten SAO, but waited a day to play it, (because of work or something) and saw the news about it... Would you still log in?

A new one that I have just started is Log Horizon. Take Dan Straight from Fairy Tail + Morgiana from Magi + SAO = Log Horizon. It's not bad, but entertaining. But that could just be from my Gaming perceptive.

The last one isn't exactly an "anime" but I think still worth mention would be Rooster's Teeth RWBY. The fight scenes are simply amazing and weapons are so creative!

Haha! Another fairy tail fan! You're probably the second person who loves fairy tail. SAO is good as well. RWBY I have never watched, however, I shall add that to my list.

Hmm i haven't watched too much anime but the ones I've seen we're really good like, Naruto, ano natsu de materu, High school of the Dead (a bit seedy but still awesome), Attack on Titan there the ones i can think of at the moment, biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is my all-time favorite anime.

Konachan.com_-_130073_sample.jpg?type=w1

I absolutely love the characters, the animation style, the story, and the feels are heart-wrenching. An easy 10/10 for me.

• Brohoof 3

I feel almost obligated to say the Disgaea anime. It was pretty awful but I still loved it for what it was.

But if we're talking about fangirlism aside I'd say Trigun. Definitely not mostly because Vash is such a cutey, definitely not.vcoAYRF.gif

Edited by Summer Greetings

My favorite is easily Dangan Ronpa, even thought it cut out so much of the story and changed a few things. I just love the series so much. I also really like Fairy Tail. I can't wait for new episodes of both of them to start airing again.

• Brohoof 2

I have seen a few anime's here and there, Negima!?, The Oran High School Host Club, Death Note, High School of the Dead, Fruits Basket, Pokemon, Digimon and some Attack on Titans. Seen quite a few Studio Ghibli films too.
I used to watch them religiously but I kind of grew out of it over the years so now I can't really sit still long enough to watch any without friends watching with me.

High School of the Dead is the most recent one I've watched fully, and I really enjoyed how over the top it was!

Attack on Titans seems pretty good but I can't be motivated to watch it. Constantly hearing about it on the net and from peers has just put me off watching it. Not sure why though. Maybe a quiet get together with friends is what I need to catch up, but I've been catching up on Adventure Time recently so that's taken up my what to watch list for the time being. :P

My favorite is easily Dangan Ronpa, even thought it cut out so much of the story and changed a few things. I just love the series so much. I also really like Fairy Tail. I can't wait for new episodes of both of them to start airing again.

Apparently, Fairy Tail is supposed to return from the hiatus on December 4th. However, I also heard that it's only going to be dubbed.

Attack on Titans seems pretty good but I can't be motivated to watch it. Constantly hearing about it on the net and from peers has just put me off watching it. Not sure why though. Maybe a quiet get together with friends is what I need to catch up, but I've been catching up on Adventure Time recently so that's taken up my what to watch list for the time being. tongue.png

Attack on Titan is currently on Hiatus also, so you can always catch up. smile.png  Adventure time is good though.

Apparently, Fairy Tail is supposed to return from the hiatus on December 4th. However, I also heard that it's only going to be dubbed.

Attack on Titan is currently on Hiatus also, so you can always catch up. img-2015282-2-smile.png  Adventure time is good though.

Awesome! I'll defiantly be sure to catch up on it at some point. It really does seem like my kinda thing. :)

I really need more slice-of-life anime to watch, it's my drug. o-o if anyone can suggest anything that isn't entirely depressing that would be awesome.

I only end up liking really stupid animes; like Sgt. Frog. Everyone I know hates it but it's so funny once you know the characters. And they have (uh... interesting?) references to EVERYTHING. Which is the main reason people I know hate it.

The first anime I watched (besides stuff I watched as a child) was Fruits Basket. It was really cute but sort of ended before everything came together. I like Ouran, but this one ended before everything came together too. D: I get the main idea, but I need closure.

• Brohoof 1

Man... I want to say Attack on Titan, but it just recently stole my love from Gurren Lagann, which stole my love from Full Metal Alchemist, which stole my love from Death Note, wh-(You see where this is going)

I'm gonna have to say... Gurren Lagann!... "FINAL ANSWER?" Final answer.

TENOUTTATEN

Why? Because I guarantee you won't find THAT much pure adrenaline and epic slap in the face action in such a tightly wrapped package ANYWHERE ELSE! img-2005193-1-angry.png

*ehem* But that's just my two bits..

"We embark on the winding spiral path! The path where man and beast intersect!"

"Join together with yesterday's foe... and smash fate with our own HAND!"

"DESTINY COMBINING... GURREN LAGANN!"

"JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AAAAAAAAM!"

*The DCGL lets out a scream so manly it completely obliterates the surrounding mugann*

hmm... My favourite's gotta be Fairy Tail as well... I've watched Soul Eater and Highschool of the Dead before that, but Fairy Tail instantly kept me wanting more, and I'm waiting... waiting... waiting for the continuing of the anime.

I also like Attack on Titan, but some deaths kinda made me scream in frustration, if you know what I mean...

• Brohoof 2

I don't have one favourite anime, but my top faves are.

In no order:

-Fairy Tail

-Naruto

-Bleach

-Angel Beats

-Elfen Lied

-Wolf's Rain

-Hunter x Hunter

-Digimon (seasons 1, 2 and 3 only)

-Pokemon (older seasons only)

-Soul Eater

-Highschool of the Dead

-Spice and Wolf

-Sword Art Online

-Btooom!

-Death Note

-Attack on Titan

-Rosario +Vampire

-Ouran High School Host Club

-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

-Cowboy Bebop

-Gintama

Can't think of anymore, but there are a few.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't watched a ton of anime honestly, so I am not some extreme expert on the genre, but my two favorites have to be Trigun and One Piece. Trigun was really short but totally awesome. One piece does have some clichès here and there but it still a fantastic series with a lot of creativity.

• Brohoof 1

I would probably have to stay Steins;Gate. This anime is nearly flawless in my eyes. After a confusing first episode the show was absolutely perfect with just the right mix of seriousness and witty humor. I recommend this show to everyone ever.

Honorable Mentions

• Attack On Titan
  • Soul Eater
  • Death Note
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Been watching a bunch of anime recently, so I guess I'll make a post here.

My favorite anime is Puella Magi Madoka Magica :D saw it a little while back, and I really liked it. Other ones I like include The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (loved the Disappearance movie too), K-On!, Oreimo, Watamote, and Lucky star. There are still a bunch of titles I have yet to check out, but Madoka is the best one I've seen so far :D

• Brohoof 5

I have some favorite animes.
Soul Eater
Chobits
Nyan Koi!
Lucky Star
Nichijou
Inazuma Eleven e Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy
Another
Kuroshitsuji
Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
and more.

I'd probably rate it a 9.8/10, knowing that there is probably a better anime series out there.

I hate to be the one to have to say this, but if you're giving it a 9.8/10, you haven't seen enough anime to actually tell how bad the storyline in FT is. Don't get me wrong, I read FT every week (I only read the manga) and as much as I enjoy reading it, I can't give it anything more than 6/10 because it makes too little effort for an overarching plot. Each arc is basically a completely new story with characters starting from the beginning, and this really doesn't enable them to truly develop. The characters are amazing, the setting is really nice, and I honestly think it could've been as brilliant as One Piece if it wasn't for the lack of continuity.

My favorite anime this year so far is a tie between Uchouten Kazoku and Kill la Kill. They're completely different series in their own rights and have completely different styles. Where Kill la Kill is a fun, relatively light-hearted anime with few but wonderful dramatic moments, Uchouten Kazoku is much more of a slice of life anime with a setting based around Japanese folklore (what with Tengu and Tanuki clans playing major parts in it). I really like both series as they all have really good character development and sudden twists to keep me hooked (particularly KlK).

As for my all time fave, that's easy. Dragonball Z. That anime has virtually changed my life at a time where I never felt like really doing anything other than sit around playing games and only go to school because I had to. It brought me up, taught me the value of being passionate about something. Goku really inspired me to become stronger, whether it's as a person or as an athlete/swimmer (considering I started watching it when my mom basically forced me into the pool :P). I could also say it's what got me hooked to martial arts even tho I never got a chance to do any until recently. To date, it's the only work of fiction that had such a profound effect on me.

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1