Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

I love anime and I have a couple favorites. I couldn't really choose between them because, they're all so different.

I love Spice and Wolf. It is set in Medieval times.It's just such a simple, dialogue based anime, and it's SO interesting to hear Craft (the merchant) and Holo (the Wolf Goddess, which takes human form in the exception for her wolf ears and tail. :3 ) Basically this anime is the interaction between these two characters, and Craft's goal to travel with Holo to her unknown hometown, and it is so much fun to watch.I really love this anime!!!!

Another favorite is Puella Magi Madoka Mgica. At first, this anime seems so damn upbeat and happy. Just your average Magical girls anime, right? ...holy shittybonkers, wrong!!!! This anime is one of the saddest, most depressing themed animes ever. I love the hell out of it though. The dialogue is immersive, the action is awesome, and badass!!!! And best magical girl, hands down, goes to Kyoko Sakura, she seems very different and cruel at first, I got to love her afterwards.

Steins; Gate is simply amazing. It is a challenging anime to keep up with, and obviously layered, since it has to do with time travel. This anime is very dialogue based well, but at times is quite charming and funny, mainly from the interaction between Okabe (our main character) and Kurisu Makise. This anime is very intense, and definitely one of my top favorites.

All of my favorites stand together, but the way I feel, my absolute favorite anime of all time is Fate/Zero. This anime is very complex. It is an amazing action/drama anime. Basically to dumb it down, it's about A number of Participants and Servants in the modern Holy Grail War. The participants summon important warrior figures from the past. And they, with their partner fight to find The Holy Grail. My favorite character in the show, and one of my favorite female roles in any anime. Her class is Sabre. Her name was King Arturia, yes, from the round table. She was secretly a woman, because none would allow a female to rule them in that time. She is bold and courageous, and one of my favorite characters ever!

post-17743-0-74492600-1389469545_thumb.png

My favorite anime eh? :unsure:

Well my first ever anime(if you wanna call it an anime) : Pokemon!!

My favorite atm: D. Gray Man!!!!@!@!@!@

:D  Too loud?

I'll give a short non spoiler synopsis: It's about a boy/teenager named Allen Walker, he is an excorcist, not the kind from the movies, well a little but not all the same, yes he does fight demons summoned by a immortal man called The millenium Earl, he feeds off of sorrow from a person who grieves over the death of a loved one, and he asks them to say the loved one's name and transforms them into an akuma(demon) and they kill people with all sorts of attack: Poison bullets and such. But anyway allen is a part of an order of excorcists who hunt the akumas, they go around the world and such hunting for them, heres a link to episode 1 for the non netflixers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA31If2VOZE sorry for poor quality but you can probbly find a betterlink on a anime site, if you have netflix they have every episode up until 60 i believe.

But alas D. Gray Man stole me away from my super dupermooperok i'll stop now  Favorite anime at first Desu Noto(Death Note).

Man so many good animes, right now i'm starting Heaven Lost Property.

Edited by Lightning_Zephyr

It's hard to pick any one anime really. There are some I really love but never watch more than once, others that I watch several times and are quite comfortable with no matter how many times I see them.

Ah My Goddess, Love Hina, Darker Than Black...all ones I've gone back to several times in the past.

Ones that I loved but either didn't finish or only watched once were Baccano, Ergo Proxy, Outlaw Star and Highschool of the Dead.

That's not even to mention all the manga I've read when I was younger and got them from the library.

Manwha, Korean manga, tend to be some of the best ones out there but in my experience a lot of them don't ever finish. Ragnarok (where the MMO Ragnarok Online was spawned from, though not directly related), PHD Phantasy Degree, ID_Entity (AKA Yureka), Rebirth...all amazing manwhas. There's also a lot of amazing Korean webcomics like Tower of God. Koreans really know how to tell a story, that's for sure.

• Brohoof 1

Though I haven't seen much of them, I have some interest in Soul Eater and Blood+. (You can watch both of those on Netflix I believe)

I also enjoy watching anime based on video game series that I have played. (Even though those aren't the best kind of Anime because sometimes they don't know how to offer something different from the game)

It's hard to pick my favourite, but if I had to, it would be Soul Eater!

It has parts that'll make you laugh, overall just a very enjoyable anime.

Comedy action anime tend to be VERY good imo. They don't spend too much time trying to be realistic or serious so they go pretty wild in the action. There's an anime I want to see called Needless that looks to be along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

Manwha, Korean manga, tend to be some of the best ones out there but in my experience a lot of them don't ever finish. Ragnarok (where the MMO Ragnarok Online was spawned from, though not directly related), PHD Phantasy Degree, ID_Entity (AKA Yureka), Rebirth...all amazing manwhas. There's also a lot of amazing Korean webcomics like Tower of God. Koreans really know how to tell a story, that's for sure.

I'm sure you're reading The Breaker then. So far, that's my absolute favorite manwha to date. I really love the way martial arts are portrayed in it as well as the relationship between the main character and his former master. I also read Ragnarok many years ago but sadly wasn't able to finish it. Heck, I wasn't even sure anyone acknowledged its existence as it's only recently I was able to find scans on some of the more popular online manga sites.

I'm sure you're reading The Breaker then. So far, that's my absolute favorite manwha to date. I really love the way martial arts are portrayed in it as well as the relationship between the main character and his former master. I also read Ragnarok many years ago but sadly wasn't able to finish it. Heck, I wasn't even sure anyone acknowledged its existence as it's only recently I was able to find scans on some of the more popular online manga sites.

Naw, I don't exactly actively read manga or watch anime so I never really know something until it's existence is made known to me by someone else. Thanks for telling me about it. Just being manwha is enough for me to be interested. I've yet to be disappointed in one aside from the fact that all the ones I love most never finish. :P

Ragnarok only went up to ten volumes and it was REALLY friggin' good. It's on permanent hiatus so long as the author is working on the MMOs but I don't know if he'll ever go back to it. It's been more than ten years since then. :(

Naw, I don't exactly actively read manga or watch anime so I never really know something until it's existence is made known to me by someone else. Thanks for telling me about it. Just being manwha is enough for me to be interested. I've yet to be disappointed in one aside from the fact that all the ones I love most never finish.

You won't regret reading The Breaker then. It's definitely one of my favorite manwhas of all time (and that includes manga). And it only gets better with the second part called The Breaker: New Waves.

Ragnarok only went up to ten volumes and it was REALLY friggin' good. It's on permanent hiatus so long as the author is working on the MMOs but I don't know if he'll ever go back to it. It's been more than ten years since then.

O_O

I remember I'd caught up to the whole thing (or almost all of it, can't remember for certain now) when I left France to live in London, and that was over 8 years ago......if you're saying this, I get the feeling I haven't missed out on anything in spite of this. And I thought Togashi took the longest breaks ever :blink:

You won't regret reading The Breaker then. It's definitely one of my favorite manwhas of all time (and that includes manga). And it only gets better with the second part called The Breaker: New Waves.

O_O

I remember I'd caught up to the whole thing (or almost all of it, can't remember for certain now) when I left France to live in London, and that was over 8 years ago......if you're saying this, I get the feeling I haven't missed out on anything in spite of this. And I thought Togashi took the longest breaks ever :blink:

Definitely gonna have to check it out. I'm always up for martial arts comics. Have you read God of Highschool? It's pretty good but it's almost entirely focused on the martial arts for the most part. Like...there's hardly two pages without some form of martial artistry in it. I like it but I kinda prefer it when stuff like Mightiest Disiciple Kenichi does it with mostly fighting but with comedy mixed in.

At the moment, Yu-Gi-Oh Season Zero. I guess because it's the only anime I watch. Perhaps I'll watch Duel Monsters.

You do realize that Yugioh has had like 4 other series now, with the current one being Zexal (only watch them in Japaneses folks, 4Kids kills the english dubs).

In fact, in a few months they're going to start up the 5th series called Arc-V.

Definitely gonna have to check it out. I'm always up for martial arts comics. Have you read God of Highschool? It's pretty good but it's almost entirely focused on the martial arts for the most part. Like...there's hardly two pages without some form of martial artistry in it. I like it but I kinda prefer it when stuff like Mightiest Disiciple Kenichi does it with mostly fighting but with comedy mixed in.

I may have to check it out. Right now, I've just caught up with Feng Shen Ji (which is actually Chinese believe it or not) which I very highly recommend because it's got some comedy and fighting put together :P I'm planning on going through Girls of the Wild's (another Koren webcomic so I think you'll like this as well) and Vagabond which is basically the story of Miyamoto Musashi. I agree that fighting mixed in with some comedy is great, and most series usually turn out really well if it's done right. That said, I've tried going through HSDK but I could never really get into it v_v

Edited by Freedan

I love TCG anime. The last six months or so I've been watching Cardfight Vanguard. I watch it sporadically and it's pretty long so I'm not even half done with it but man is it good. I want Vanguard cards so bad. ;-;

I may have to check it out. Right now, I've just caught up with Feng Shen Ji (which is actually Chinese believe it or not) and I'm planning on going through Girls of the Wild's (another Koren webcomic so I think you'll like this as well) and Vagabond which is basically the story of Miyamoto Musashi. I agree that fighting mixed in with some comedy is great, and most series usually turn out really well if it's done right. That said, I've tried going through HSDK but I could never really get into it v_v

Kenichi takes some time to really heat up. Things get good after the Ragnarok story arc (which is where the anime ends, if I recall)

You gotta give it time to introduce new characters and get deeper with the martial arts.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is an anime introduced to me by a friend that I've gotten completely involved in. I haven't watched many anime, only the above and Pokemon (plus some yo-yo thing in Mandarin and the Happy Lamb thing), but I can safely say that Madoka is my favorite of them all. I've gotten obsessed with one of the characters in it, too...  :blush:

• Brohoof 1

Ghost in the Shell seasons 1 and 2 would probably be my favorite anime.  I just like the serious sci fi aspect of it.  Plus it's nice to show non anime people who think anime is cartoony kid stuff.  Suzuka will always be important to me since it led me to its respective manga which is my favorite manga.  Fairy Tail is pretty awesome too...just wish they'd put the rest of it on netflix ugh

I don't think I've ever seen any gaming anime. Rather strange when I'm a huge gamer with a high interest in anime. DMC, BlazBlue, Persona 4...haven't seen any of them. Pokemon is the only gaming anime I can even recall seeing.

You do realize that Yugioh has had like 4 other series now, with the current one being Zexal (only watch them in Japaneses folks, 4Kids kills the english dubs).

In fact, in a few months they're going to start up the 5th series called Arc-V.

Yeah, I heard of the other series, but they don't seem like I'd enjoy them as much.

I don't think I've ever seen any gaming anime. Rather strange when I'm a huge gamer with a high interest in anime. DMC, BlazBlue, Persona 4...haven't seen any of them. Pokemon is the only gaming anime I can even recall seeing.

Yeah, I'm a big DMC fan myself, you know until the fucking British got a hold of it and fucked it up to hell with the reboot.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. These 26 episodes + movie make up what is the most thorough and accurate depiction of depression I've seen in any visual media. It broke me in ways I find hard to describe in mere words. In fact, I'm not gonna stop at calling it my favorite anime. It's my favorite work of fiction, full stop.

Exactly what my friend here said,Neon Genesis Evangelion is the bible of the otaku,is a work full of teachings and is the most hard thing to explain aswell,it can't be described by mere words,you have to see it with your own eyes to understand what i want to mean (and no,you will not understand the anime at first,you have to study it,then see it again at least 5 times,then you are good to move on,if you will not end being obsessed with it) 
Everytime that i start to talk about NGE i start with the characters,thing that i'm going to do even now;The characters are beautifully characterized,they have their own story and they own way to see things,they are really alive,next comes the story,Hideaki Anno narrated about life,saw by many views and many eyes,Eva is the story of everyone and nobody,because everyone can at least relate to one character or another over time,but nobody will be able to fully comprehend the thoughts of the characters,he narrated this in a strange universe,where everything is connected,and as how he says "Everything keeps going,in a circle". 
Evangelion can have many meanings,it depends on who is seeing it
I recommand it to everyone;at the very least you have to try to watch it,if you don't like it fine,but if you will end up loving it you can thank me later 
(wow,very oversentimental for an opinion about an anime :o  ,but ehi,i can really say that it changed my way of seeing things,in the better,so i guess that it's ok being so attached to it -_-  ) 
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm a big DMC fan myself, you know until the fucking British got a hold of it and fucked it up to hell with the reboot.

If you're talkin' about DmC then I feel it was literally the best in the entire series. It did everything better than every other game in the series.

If you're talkin' about DmC then I feel it was literally the best in the entire series. It did everything better than every other game in the series.

Oh I see. Are you one of those people who try to find too many positive things to say about it because so many of the fans hated it? Well let me educate you. You don't take a badass like Dante and turn him into an emo bitch, you don't try to make him 'cool' by trying to throw women at his feet in order to appeal to the typical ego of adolescent idiots, and you don't change the entire story by making it so the Lord of Hell is a fat pudgy banker, that Dante's father is now a bitch in some S&M dungeon, and you don't change the fact that Dante was Half-Human to saying he isn't even part human at all anymore.

Just saying. If you're going to utterly alter every single last detail of a series, that's NOT a good thing, that's very very bad to piss off and alienate your entire fanbase, not to mention the controls and gameplay were sluggish and the ideas unoriginal.