Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

Awwww son of a bish!

I have many of them. T^T

I'll pull out some of them...

I really love Vampire Knight, Shugo Chara, Blood+, Ouran High School Host Club, and Madoka Magica has became my recent favorite. I can get pretty biased when it comes to picking favorites. xD

Pokemon is amazing, itll never get old to me.

I don't know man, Pokemon as an entire franchise went downhilll pretty fast. I mean the anime alone is just cliche'd and boring at this point. The original had some interesting stuff to it at least (remember when they all huddled together for warmth in the cold?) So yeah. Pokemon's an example of a series that doesn't change or evolve over time because it knows it doesn't need to in order to make money.

Oh I see. Are you one of those people who try to find too many positive things to say about it because so many of the fans hated it? Well let me educate you. You don't take a badass like Dante and turn him into an emo bitch, you don't try to make him 'cool' by trying to throw women at his feet in order to appeal to the typical ego of adolescent idiots, and you don't change the entire story by making it so the Lord of Hell is a fat pudgy banker, that Dante's father is now a bitch in some S&M dungeon, and you don't change the fact that Dante was Half-Human to saying he isn't even part human at all anymore.

Just saying. If you're going to utterly alter every single last detail of a series, that's NOT a good thing, that's very very bad to piss off and alienate your entire fanbase, not to mention the controls and gameplay were sluggish and the ideas unoriginal.

I don't appreciate the fact that you say it as if I don't know what I'm talking about or that I put no thought into my opinion without even hearing it. I don't say things like that because I try to find positive in everything, I say it because I find it to be the truth. There is absolutely nothing emo about Dante, he's actually improved as a character because he has the motivations to do something he also has the decency to not be a dick to everyone and instead of changing his mind because someone else cares about the situation. He does it because someone cared about him first and attempted to pull him out of the hellhole of his life, which he explains in the game was a result of the things he'd been through due to his having been separated from his parents with no memory. The difference between him and Vergil was that he indulged himself in his carnal impulses while Vergil focused on hacking. They gave them actual believable reasons for being the type of people they are instead of it just being because of their lineage.

I don't think their intention was to even remotely make Dante look cool by throwing women at him. In fact, throughout the game he implied that the life he lived before the events of the game were pretty shitty so the line of logic that he is "cooler" because of it isn't even presented in the game.

The style of the game improves as it becomes more conscious of modern society. Instead of just thrusting some mystical bullshit into a seemingly modern society they incorporate the idea that demons are around us and we never realized it. Their existence in society makes way more sense and plays on the idea that "the greatest trick the devil ever did was convincing the world he did not exist"

Changing everything about a franchise is not inherently good or bad but it isn't automatic license to just shut your mind off instead of considering why people actually do like it.

"You don't do something" isn't exactly something you're allowed to say. You don't have to like it but you aren't a part of the creative team and don't get to make the executive call on what is and isn't done and then shit on the people's opinions who like the changes that were made.

Oh haha, silly me. I forgot to talk about the gameplay and how it's the farthest thing from sluggish. They actually give you more and faster options for how the game plays. The angel and demon weapons can be switched on a whim instead of having to choose two and stick with them for combos. You can go from an angel air combo to a groundbreaking demon combo to a quick and dirty Rebellion combo in less than five seconds and get massive points for it, not even to mention that Devil Trigger boosts the hell out of your score. The game gives you options, far more than past games did. The platforming is vastly improved by using the Devil Bringer's functionality and having Limbo's chaotic nature alter the world you are in as you are traversing it. Certainly better than going through all the same places like in past games with a barely passable platforming mechanic. The angel jump glide thing really raised the platforming to a whole other level too and made some of the best levels, like the club level or the virulity warehouse, very impressive.

Ahem, back to the topic at hand:

While not strictly an anime, RoosterTeeth's RWBY has been highly entertaining so far. I'm about ten episodes in and they take care of a lot of anime's little problems with characterization and animation. Probably helps that it was made with English voice acting in mind instead of having it translated after the fact though.

Edited by Discordian

• Attack on Titan; oh my god the animation 

Soul Eater; OH MY GOD THE ANIMATION

Mirai Nikki; Death Note meets Back to the Future 

Welcome to NHK; Hit me too close to home man. 

Cowboy Beebop; See ya later space samurai... 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

So i was wondering...whats anyones favorite anime? Do you prefer an english dub, or japanese dub, or are you indifferent about it?

My favorite animes are (all japanese dubs)

Dangan Ronpa: The Animation (literally what its called)

Sword Art Online

Attack on Titan

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

and Accel World

(edited)

Attack on titan

One piece

Fairy tail

Bleach

All of them I watch in Japanese except for Bleach.

Edited by Adash

(edited)

Haha! Pleebs with your well known animes lists! 

*proceeds to post well known animes list*

Clannad and Clannad After Story are my number 1 everything after that is fairly even.

*Cries*

Notable mentions:

Code Geass *cries at ending*

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood *cries*

Watamote *laugh and cries at same time*

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ALL OTAKUS MUST WATCH THIS SHOW!

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni *cringes in fear*

Sailor Moon *Nostalgia tears*

Edited by Biznis Kitty

Haha! Pleebs with your well known animes lists! 

*proceeds to post well known animes list*

Havent met very many people who know about the Corpse Party, and Dangan Ronpa animes :derp:

Dangan Ronpa

Corpse Party

• Brohoof 1

Havent met very many people who know about the Corpse Party, and Dangan Ronpa animes :derp:

You haven't met my little sister and her friends... she won't stop talking about Corpse Party (It actually looks neat) and her friends avatar on everything is the main character from Dumb Game Ropper (A joke name from an abridged series I like)

You haven't met my little sister and her friends... she won't stop talking about Corpse Party (It actually looks neat) and her friends avatar on everything is the main character from Dumb Game Ropper (A joke name from an abridged series I like)

There the kinda animes that also have video games, and manga...but thats also like 90% of anime 

Just a few from different genres

Shingeki no Kyojin

Steins;Gate

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Evangelion

Kill La Kill

Here's my Hummingbird 'currently watching' list for this season.

post-8423-0-69479900-1402848157_thumb.png

There the kinda animes that also have video games, and manga...but thats also like 90% of anime 

I've been an otaku since I was 6, I know... In fact I know about most animes before people even know what they are. *Hipster shades float down* Deal with it!

(edited)

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Number one favourite anime right there. :wub:

Then there's also:

~ Angel Beats!

~ Naruto & Naruto Shippuden
~ Soul Eater

Not a big list I know, but I'm not one to go searching for new things to watch, unless it sounds/looks really interesting. :) I tend to prefer English dubs, but I can roll with Japanese as well (like SNPNK). :squee:

Edited by Sir Jackleberry

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Number one favourite anime right there. :wub:

Then there's also:

~ Angel Beats!

~ Naruto & Naruto Shippuden

~ Soul Eater

Not a big list I know, but I'm not one to go searching for new things to watch, unless it sounds/looks really interesting. :) I tend to prefer English dubs, but I can roll with Japanese as well (like SNPNK). :squee:

I think the only english dub i can tolerate is the original Dragon Ball Z (NOT KAI)

• Brohoof 1

Only shows I will watch in english dub:

Hetalia (Needs to be watched in you native language no matter where you're from)

Soul Eater (I heard it in English first)

Ouran Highschool Host Club (I heard it in English first)

(edited)

In order 
Watamote 
Black Butler 
Kill-la-kill
Elfen lied
One-piece (Minus the fillers)

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

Always felt bad for Seiko in that.

Edited by Kurai

I'm going to be the boring guy and say Dragon Ball/Z/GT. Sure, everybody knows what it is, but it's the only anime I've ever really wanted to sit through the whole way. Every other anime I've tried watching I lose interest a few episodes in. I grew up with the show and the games and I can still watch it and enjoy it today.

Maybe it's the cliché answer. Maybe there a thousand animes that are a billion times better. But I enjoy it more than any other, that's good enough for me.

I prefer dubs though it depends on the voice acting. 

My favorites (in order, I think) would be:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist
  2. Fairy Tail
  3. Sword Art Online
  4. Future Diary
  5. Highschool of the Dead
    (and the list goes on)

(edited)

I'm going to be the boring guy and say Dragon Ball/Z/GT. Sure, everybody knows what it is, but it's the only anime I've ever really wanted to sit through the whole way. Every other anime I've tried watching I lose interest a few episodes in. I grew up with the show and the games and I can still watch it and enjoy it today.

Maybe it's the cliché answer. Maybe there a thousand animes that are a billion times better. But I enjoy it more than any other, that's good enough for me.

Heres a good DBZ joke for ya...How many super saiyans does it take to change a lightbulb??

One, but it takes at least 5 episodes to do it :P

Edited by Aeron-Quillson
  • Brohoof 1