Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite anime?

DerpLeOtakuz

Accel world - From the person who wrote sword art online, same universe except further into the future.

Angel beats - Great soundtrack, would've been way better if there were more episodes on the backgrounds of more of the characters.

Another - Partially horror, partially mystery. Once the first death happens it gets interesting.

Aoki hagane no apreggio: Ars Nova - Wanted to try it because of Nano, the singer in the opening, I was not disappointed at what it was and everything done right.

Attack on titan/Shingeki no kyojin - No comment, there are enough already.

Black Lagoon -  Badassery all around, just watch it if you haven't already.

Bleach - Fillers are mediocre at best, but if you avoid them it's still great. Reading the manga now that the anime stopped.

Btooom - Explosions. This is where I discovered the singer Nano.

Code Geass - Like death note, though code geass handled the ending way better.

I found Lelouch staying true to his goal of making a better world for his sister unlike Light who just died like that...

Danganronpa the animation - Murder mystery - the first mistake is to get attached to any character. I've watched the second game on youtube and it's just as great. though in the original one the first two murders were way to easy to figure out.

Dansai bunri no crime edge - I went in not expecting anything great, now I want a sequel.

Death note - It has some good mystery in it, though the end ruined the series for me.

Detective Conan - I had nothing to watch one day when I found this goldmine, it's what gotten me into mystery, shame subtitles take so long. Also it's the longest still running anime, with 18 movies of which the last one isn't out on dvd yet. Add another 3 real life movies done really well, as well as a short real life series

Devil survivor 2 the animation - Based on shin megami tensei; devil survivor 2 (it's for the DS if anyone is interested) it has some of the better action I've seen in anime.

Elfen lied - Known by most people, this was one of the first anime I've watched, very gory, but most people get past that part.

FMA - Great anime, decent compared to brotherhood.

FMA brotherhood - Stays closer to the manga, also has a better ending IMO.

Highschool of the dead - I can sum up the fanbase pretty easily. "When's the sequel?" But sadly enough zombies aren't popular in japan so sequels will probably not come.

K - Highly interesting, movie coming out pretty soon I believe.

K-on - Very known moe anime. I have a keyboard now. I have become Mugi.

Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi - Great show, still waiting for a second season.

Kenichi - Liked it a lot, seems the anime will start up again seeing as there are OVAs continuing the story.

Kill la kill - Awesome and unique art style and background music.

Kuroko no basuke - Sports anime done right.

Little busters - I liked it, don't really know what drew me in so much.

Log Horizon - Like sword art online, except you can respawn. The main character also feels better since he actually thinks ahead a lot.

Magi - Hope a third season will come soon, very awesome do recommend.

Majin tantei nougami neuro - Somewhat mystery with a little bit of humor. Ending was satisfying enough.

Mirai Nikki - Now I like yandere, I'm a psychopath.

Monster - Great setting, but very slow at some parts. Nice ending.

Needless - Very funny, I recommend watching the ending theme first to get deceived into thinking it's something it's actually not.

No Game, No Life - the type of anime where you know the main characters are going to win, it's the journey to how they will win against cheaters that's the interesting part.

Phi brain - After three seasons it finished, predictable story. Overall enjoyable though

Silver Spoon - A slice of life anime that actually interests me. I hope there's more in the future.

Steins;Gate - Time travel and a bit of mystery. Takes a while to get going, once it does it gets awesome.

Sword art online - Very known already, since I've read most of the books online I already know what's going to happen in this season, but I'll still watch it.

Tantei gakuen Q - Like detective conan except the cases are longer. It has an actual ending.

The world god only knows - The god of sim dating games has t get girls in real life before demons take over their heart and destroy the planet. I'm not good at explaining but that's kind of what this is.

And now for the worst anime I've ever seen.

School days - It seems the visual novel was actually good, can't comment on that since I haven't played it.

The main character gets interested in a girl he sees on the train every day at school. When he meets the person who's sitting next to him in class for the next semester gets them together everything seems great.

Except it's not, the main character finds her to be a boring girlfriend and instead of telling her he just cheats on her with the girl that hooked them up. And then he cheats on her. The cheating keeps going until the main character gets killed by the girl who he first cheated with. Then his original girlfriend cuts off his head and takes it with her and kills the girl that killed him. The only good thing about this anime was the last half of the last episode which made me want to watch it in the first place. I can only recommend it if you want to laugh at how bad something is.

My most recent addition to my favorite anime is Koi Kaze.  It's only 13 episodes long but it is a very mature anime in terms of the subject matter, story, and characters.  Just go in with an open mind and you may enjoy this series.

• 3 weeks later...

The topic basically explains. I'll start off. My favourite anime is Code Geass, and I would definitely recommend it. It has a bit of violence, but also has an awesome story with a great pacing.

Edited by hamza
  • Brohoof 2

I've only watched a few animes, but I'm watching my way through Attack on Titan, and I have to say it's one of the best shows that I've seen in a long time. Definitely recommend it to anyone

• Brohoof 1

I've only watched a few animes, but I'm watching my way through Attack on Titan, and I have to say it's one of the best shows that I've seen in a long time. Definitely recommend it to anyone

totally ;) but I can't find dubbed episodes from 15 onwards for attack on titan, so the action stopped for me. I think other dubbed episodes are out in october. (Not sure though)

Edited by hamza
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite Anime was Ouran High School Host Club and I would definitely recommend it, because it was surprisingly witty, complex, and hilarious.  Also the back story of one of the characters makes me cry every time I watch it because it's so crazy inspiring.  It ain't a fast paced show, or a groundbreaking action piece, but it's still pretty darn good.  :)

Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) is by far the best anime I have watched (of my own free will even) and it was thoroughly enjoyable, because heck, who doesn't like awesome handsome demon butlers? 

I think there's a lot of charm in that victorian era theme too, and the characters are pretty whacky and exciting. I love it!

• Brohoof 1

My favorite animes are Dragon Ball Z and Hellsing Ultimate. Well I can reccomend them if you like lots of action. Don't expect Shakespeare level writing for Dragon Ball Z, tough (and you may wanna lower the volume).

And be mindful when watching Hellsing. It has lots and lots of blood and gore.

• Brohoof 1

Death Note, one of the best anime of all time!

its the first anime that made me go "hey,im actually enjoying this, maye anime IS something for me after all :D

• Brohoof 3

My favorite anime so far is probably Acchi Kocchi, which is what my avatar is from actually. :3

I also really love Fairy Tail.

I just started getting into anime a few months ago soooo... XD

• Brohoof 2

Currently, Oreimo! :D

I thought it was great, personally. I found it to be quite funny, the characters were likable (even ones I wouldn't normally take a liking to), and it always had me wanting to come back for more. Also just throwing it out there; the character in my current avatar and sig (Kuroneko, my personal favourite) is from this anime as well. :P

I'd recommend it if you like 'slice of life' stories (with some silliness/comedy of course), and have an open mind. ;)

• Brohoof 1

totally ;) but I can't find dubbed episodes from 15 onwards for attack on titan, so the action stopped for me. I think other dubbed episodes are out in october. (Not sure though)

Yup, same here ^_^ . Because of this I've been avoiding fan sites and such to avoid spoilers. According to Amazon.com, Attack on Titan Part 2 (Episodes 14-25) releases September 23rd, so thankfully it isn't too far off.

Well as you can see from my profile pic,Code geass.It's a bit too crazy in the second season,but I didn't notice at first because it's still lots of fun to watch.

Another fun one is Claymore.You can watch the entire show on youtube.It isn't as good around episode 20 onwards but its still also fun to watch.One of those 'read the manga now' shows.

• Brohoof 1

I've enjoyed quite a few animes, including: Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, and Fate/Zero.

Ouran was a really good anime, but I would only reccomend it to certain people, the people who don't need action to enjoy an anime.

Soul Eater was good but not really the best. It's interesting enough, but it's kinda hard to get into.

Attack on Titan is amazing and has a ton of action, so if you like action, you should be watching this. Just don't get to attached to a character.

Fairy Tail was also amazing and was also humorous, so I would definitely recommend this one.

Fate/zero I loved quite a bit, but it's so confusing. I would recommend it to people who can keep up with a complicated plot and enjoy action mixed with a lot of story.

Out of these, I probably enjoyed Fairy Tail or Attack on Titan the most.

• Brohoof 2

Since Attack on Titan has been mentioned enough already, I'm just gonna go with my second favorite: Spice and Wolf

I haven't watched much of it yet (only like sevenish episodes), so I don't have much to say about it, but just from what I've seen it's pretty good.

Edited by The Blades Shadow

So far its Cardfight Vanguard. Its good if you like cardgames.

speaking of card games, you must have seen yugioh. Its a little childish, butfun all the same.

I've enjoyed quite a few animes, including: Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, and Fate/Zero.

Ouran was a really good anime, but I would only reccomend it to certain people, the people who don't need action to enjoy an anime.

Soul Eater was good but not really the best. It's interesting enough, but it's kinda hard to get into.

Attack on Titan is amazing and has a ton of action, so if you like action, you should be watching this. Just don't get to attached to a character.

Fairy Tail was also amazing and was also humorous, so I would definitely recommend this one.

Fate/zero I loved quite a bit, but it's so confusing. I would recommend it to people who can keep up with a complicated plot and enjoy action mixed with a lot of story.

Out of these, I probably enjoyed Fairy Tail or Attack on Titan the most.

I see. I'll be sure to check out these anime. Thanks for the description of ouran. But it seems you haven't seen code geass yet. It's great!

• Brohoof 1

I've only watched a few anime, but I highly suggest watching Attack on Titan for obvious reasons, and Madoka Magica because Homura did nothing wrong. And Kyoko is kickass. So, I guess Madoka is my favorite.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1