Do you use shampoo?

*Rarity

134 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use schampoo?

• No, I use nothing
    • I only use conditioner
    • Yes

Of course! 

I can't really not use shampoo and plan to have clean hair after all!

Though using gel a few moments later pretty much defeats the purpose some say. Either way, you can still tell the difference whether it's clean or dirty. Some people just don't understand. :P

Of course I do!  Why wouldn't you use shampoo.  I mean unless your bald or something I don't see any reason not to.  Plus it helps my hair look beautiful and maintain it's natural something so I use shampoo,

I always used shampoo and conditioner growing up, but only because it was the norm in my house. I didn't even consider not using it. Then in my early twenties I started looking into alternatives because I was broke. A friend of mine suggested just using water. It took some getting used to, but after about five months of wearing a bandanna while my natural oils levelled out (using shampoo every day had caused my body to secrete more oil to counteract the dryness the soap was causing, so when I stopped using shampoo my hair got really greasy for a bit and it took some time for my oil glands to "catch up" with the lifestyle change) my hair was soft and shiny and just the right moisture level! As long as I massage my scalp thoroughly in the shower and use pretty hot water, my hair is clean and smells just fine without shampoo. It's been about six years now since I went shampoo free and people are amazed when I tell them.

I do occasionally rinse with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar in the winter time when the dry air causes my hair to produce just a touch more oil than I would like. But I only need this once every two weeks or so.

I just pour coffee on my hair and I become alive.

• Brohoof 3

I do use shampoo but recently my mom has gotten into this whole DIY shampoo craze and now my hair smells like garlic and her homemade shampoo is really drying out my hair, so then I have to use conditioner.

(edited)

I do use shampoo but recently my mom has gotten into this whole DIY shampoo craze and now my hair smells like garlic and her homemade shampoo is really drying out my hair, so then I have to use conditioner.

I know some people that tried  no shampoo and "natural" shampoo schemes. Neither really worked. I use shampoo and conditioner but I'd like to look into some other brands because I'm not quite satisfied with the quality.  -_-

Edited by BlackWater627

Heheee...  This topic is so winning!

my_little_hippie_by_sketchywolf_13-d5xx2

;) 

Alright, so...  While I'd love to be a hippy, my hair gets greasy naturally, and it A. is kinda gross, B. is hard to comb/brush when it's like that.

So, yes, I use shampoo.

04b22fbe62.jpg

Besides, I love the feeling of sudsy-ness, hehe  :lol: 

Sometimes I sing in the shower, too.  I'll put my iPod on the sink counter, hooked up to a little battery powered speaker, and turn on a playlist.  :comeatus: 

~ Miles

• Brohoof 2

Every day, without fail.  I cannot stand the greasy feeling my scalp gets.  Then again, I have overly greasy hair naturally (my scalp is easily irritated by it), and currently it hangs past my shoulders.  Holy hell, my scalp just itches thinking about being filthy for a day.

As for brand, after trying dozens of different brands I prefer Suave.  Shampoo the hair, then condition everything below at the neck line.  This has worked for me.  Sure my hair isn't completely healthy, but I've never had a problem other than the occasional split ends I just trim off.

I use tea tree oil shampoo, it's nice to use and my hair is nice and soft afterwards.

Seems like someone beated me to it.

Yeah, I use tea tree oil shampoo every second day. I don't use conditioner though, my hair gets pretty greasy fast and when I had longer hair, I used to condition it, but not anymore.

Absolutely, although it's been awhile since I've used conditioner. Whenever I shower, I always use shampoo; my hair gets greasy if I don't wash it and I hate the feeling.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

for a while i had to use body wash as shampoo but now i have long hair so i use conditioner and shampoo and also your not supposed to wash your hair every day

Edited by ZaccMDL

• 5 years later...

Wait, people doesn't use shampoo?

I mean, I know you can't use shampoo when you're growing dreadlock thingies (rastas?), but I didn't know people would rather not use shampoo at all. Or use conditioner but not shampoo.

I can't even imagine how greasy and stinky hair can get without shampoo. I try my best to always use shampoo, but when there's none I use common soap xD

• Brohoof 1