Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you miss the most if you crossed over into Equestria?

Silverhoof

• Technology:
    • My computer
    • My smartphone
    • My Nintendo Switch
    • The Internet
    • Television
    • Modern Medicine
  • Food:
    • I'm a true, dyed-in-the-wool, carnivore. So not being able to eat meat would really suck.
    • I love sweets, but I don't think my blood glucose levels would appreciate me eating Pinkie's sweets 24/7.
  • Family and Friends:
    • I'm sure I wouldn't be permitted to bring anyone along with me, so I'd become very lonely very fast.
    • Even after making friends with the ponies, I'd still want human contact.
  • Living in a Civilization built by humans, for humans:
    • Our civilization was built with our needs in mind. We have technology and modernity. Moving to Equestria, where technology is either primitive and supplemented by magic, or just non-existent, would be like going back in time to live in Medieval Europe, only with some modern touches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet, sweet succulent chicken flesh.
And the pure shrieks of non-skeletons, since at least in Equestria i could be explained with 'magic' and everyone would get over it.
And that would sadden me.

Plus, being a pony-skeleton would be so weird. At least i'd be good at scaring children in school or something.
The ultimate surprise during biology class.

"All-right" The biology teacher detaches one of the hooves from the hanging pony-skeleton to demonstrate it. "So, the way ponies grab things can be traced back to the skeleton wher-"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Everyone is freaking out, the teacher has a heart attack and the hoof is flailing about

Nevermind i'm in.

I guess I would miss the internet most. Being able to read stuff from fanfics to Wikipedia is really really nice, especially considering I can stay at home; and so is staying in touch with friends who are far away. I don't even think they have phones in Equestria. 

I am not worried about a lack of hands and fingers, as it looks like ponies can do complicated things with their hooves without too much difficulty (we've seen earth ponies play the guitar, the violin, and the piano)! But if lacking hands made reading harder, that would be bad. 

But overall I feel like the benefits would outweight the losses. It's a whole new world to explore, and I'm sure I'll end up moving to a large city and spending all my time in a library :yay:

I would probably miss my music if I went over there. I don't think ponies know what metal is at all. Plus, I think I would miss messing with computers and the such. Ponies aren't exactly that technologically advanced. :please:

(edited)

I think family.

Also for all the people saying they'd miss computers and metal its there. Its not advanced (I think Equestria is roughly 1950ish technology wise) but we've seen all sorts of technological equipment. Waterpipes in Canterlot, conveyor belts and of course this scene from pinky sense . . .

image.thumb.png.8757028c47e631c320669cab146dfa09.png

Its not going to be as advanced (no home PC) but they've got electric lights, wires, monitors, printers and that's not touching things like DJ-Pon 3s disk turntable. Then there's the filing cabinets in Pinkies Party Cave and who know's what's in Dr WHoove's house. They've definately got a handle on technology its just a few decades less advanced because they can literally use magic for a lot of things.

Edited by Senko

I would definitely miss my family. Also, I eat meat too so that would be quite an adjustment to make. As far as technology goes, I'd probably be ok. There's plenty to explore and it may even be possible to make technological improvements.

• 2 years later...

Computers and electronics and things, and those that I know.  And meat based food.

And if I'm a pony when I do visit... my hands. But as a pegasus I would have wing-hands.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1