Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cute, Sexy or BOTH

Cwanky

Ponies are like the most adorable things, like ever. Like, they're so adorable, I want to hug every pony but I can't hug every pony and it's so sad :'(

Of course, when it comes to sexual attractiveness, I can completely understand why people would be attracted to them, in fact some of my closest friends are cloppers.

Big Mac is sexiest pony btw

• Brohoof 2

I think I've summerized my opinion in both my avatar and my signature, as well as many pis on my profile....

But in case it wasn't obvious, cute and sexy! Some more than others. Except for CMCs and other fillies and colts...they're just cute.

For example I find Rarity sexy but not cute,yet I find Flutters both sexy and cute. Dashie,  same as Flutters....AJ, more cute than sexy. (though I find her country girl attitude hot)

But show wise, I find them all to be cute.Fan art is what makes them sexier....(Exhibit A, my avatar).

The characters displayed on the screen are cute, because they're drawn that way, and their personalities compliment these designs. However, fan art demonstrates ways of drawing characters in sexier ways than what the show does, and because personalities are transferable and follow the characters through fan art, they can just as easily be sexy, too. As far as the show itself goes, they're mostly just cute.

Took the words out of my mouth.

If I can elaborate upon what you've wrote here, I feel that even the default artistic style of the show can lend itself to sexy, take it from someone with a 15 gigabyte clop collection that's been being amassed ever since late 2010, I've seen every single artistic style done both wonderfully and poorly. The show however obviously takes strides to avoid lending its present artistic style to being sexy. It does always lean cute in art style, even in clop pictures, but there are ways to make the show art style sexy.

Most certainly though and easily the most sexually appealing aspect of them would have to be their personalities. Taken as the default, they're a bit stereotypical, (though that's an intended part of the show so they can best represent a single emotional trait extremely well) but they do their stereotype so well that they're just generally nice (people? beings? ponies? Not a clue what to put here) as a result of it since the emotions they represent are generally positive. Not to mention the vocal cords on Applejack and Rarity (or their voice actors, which makes everything a bit creepy) which are quite sexy for their own reasons (the other characters have this too, but they just don't compare to Applejack or Rarity).

• Brohoof 2

They're cute that's pretty much all there is to it. I guess you could say they're attractive but not sexy, more just emotionally. I love Fluttershy a lot I wouldn't say she was attractive physically but emotionally definitely.

It's her personality, her voice and her cuteness. When it comes to girls she would be the one, she's so innocent and honestly.. She is my special somepony. She isn't real though and I know there isn't anyone like her.

So yeah, cute but I love Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 1

It really depends on how far one is willing to suspend reality in order to answer the question.

In the real world, neither one. They are nothing more then the creations of an artest renditions of what one could perseive as such but the realty is no.

But if one suspends realty and can place ones self in the imaginary then ones answer could posibly be yes depending on perspective.

I myself have always been of the opinion that be not afrade of imagination but keep one hoof in reality ;)

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 2

The characters displayed on the screen are cute, because they're drawn that way, and their personalities compliment these designs. However, fan art demonstrates ways of drawing characters in sexier ways than what the show does, and because personalities are transferable and follow the characters through fan art, they can just as easily be sexy, too. As far as the show itself goes, they're mostly just cute.

Ya....I don't think I've ever looked at them in the show and thought "dam these some sexy bitches" but I've seen fan art that I've found attractive, but they aren't drawn to look attractive in the show at all, they don't do sexy poses or whatever, so it's no wonder.

• Brohoof 3

I certainly find many ponies cute. Some of them I also find attractive, but then I have always been attracted more by a good personality rather than looks. But the ponies, at least as they appear in the show, are not "sexy". Fan drawings however, can be.

• Brohoof 2

There is one thing I don't get. Why do some people refer to a pony butt as a plot? I'm just failing to grasp that.

I'm pretty sure that I read that the butt of horses is called the "plot", but looking up horse anatomy none of it says plot, at least not where the rear end is. So I have no idea.

On the show? Cute.

However, there is some really good anthro art that makes me legitimately feel attraction of some level, like this:

1384366_533387206754766_1987166062_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I read that the butt of horses is called the "plot", but looking up horse anatomy none of it says plot, at least not where the rear end is. So I have no idea.

It's a fan-speak thing, let me see if I can find the image that started the joke(I assume this counts as SFW because all these shots are form the actual show):

129902783169-dat_plot.jpg

Truth be told, I don't think they're cute or sexy while watching the show. I might think they look attractive while looking at fan art and such but never while watching the show. I like the show as is and I enjoy the characters as they're already designed. I just don't really find them "cute" or "sexy". 

It's a fan-speak thing, let me see if I can find the image that started the joke(I assume this counts as SFW because all these shots are form the actual show):

129902783169-dat_plot.jpg

Oh, I get it now, the plot isn't their asses, it's a sarcastic statement that the viewer is watching the show for the "Plot" ( as in story), but in actuality they're watching it for hawt pony ass.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I get it now, the plot isn't their asses, it's a sarcastic statement that the viewer is watching the show for the "Plot" ( as in story), but in actuality they're watching it for hawt pony ass.

Yeah, the joke of plot=butt came from that image(which largely came from the broader joke of claiming you watch a fan-service show for the plot). It also humorously makes plothole a fun double-edged insult.   

Definitely both. Initially it was "ew, flash", then "well, the smooth curves and natural shapes are a lot cuter than most flash animation". Then after watching the show for a while and getting to know the personalities and voices and looking through some fanart/fanfics...

However, the male designs usually don't strike me as very cute, with the sharp edged noses. But personality wise, Big Mac with Smarty Pants is pretty cute.

There is one thing I don't get. Why do some people refer to a pony butt as a plot? I'm just failing to grasp that.

It's from an early meme image that says "I watch it for the plot", while showing screenshots of ponies from behind. Just happened to catch on, and with the ever increasing number of bronies just using whatever language had developed previously, it's everywhere now.

And on that topic, I find the show quite refreshing in that it essentially promotes nudism smile.png Walking around naked most of the time, rumps are just a part of the body and nothing to be ashamed of, but it's also fine to wear clothes as a fashion statement or for practical purposes in cold weather or whatever. But even then, clothes don't have to cover anything in particular, just whatever looks best. I kind of wish humans had enough sense to do that.

But one thing that does bother me a bit is that the FIM designs have their tail sticking up in its relaxed position... kind of awkward for people who know real horse body language.

Edited by dekutree64
  • Brohoof 3

But one thing that does bother me a bit is that the FIM designs have their tail sticking up in its relaxed position... kind of awkward for people who know real horse body language.

My best guess is that was a aesthetic design choice so the shape and "style" of their tails would show more instead of being forced flat against their bodies.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

The females are definitely very cute for starters. Like most other bronies however, as I got to know their personalities more and saw some fan-art, I started getting attracted to them. Hey, me seeing Fluttershy in MLP was what fermented my feelings for my best friend, who's exactly like Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 1

Both. I find all the Mane 6 attractive in some way, physically or otherwise. Same goes for some of the background ponies, too. I can't really explain why, that's just how it is.

@dekutree64: I don't think that's quite accurate. You can't really say that by making these characters physical ponies who think of themselves as such, and presenting them in a clothing-optional society (like real ponies, LOL), that the show is promoting nudism. Because technically, if being without clothes is the norm rather than the exception in Equestria, they're not really nudists at all. As for promoting nudity among people, I doubt if that ever entered Lauren Faust's mind when she was putting the show together. laugh.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

personaly i don't understand cloppers.. if i am in the right mood (you know what i mean) and i see a pony i just go on *hug and love mode*..(my girlfriend hates that XD)  they are only cute to me.. if i see something that tries to be sexy, like this:

106769+-+magazine+parody+playbrony+sugge

it only makes me smile or laugh!laugh.png

• Brohoof 4

I don't find them cute. I think for something to be cute every one of it's actions have to take on a quality of smallness or a lack of seriousness. Even when the character thinks its situation is serious, what makes it cute is the fact that it's actually not. Like for example, when you see a baby get a worried look on it's face because you removed a toy from its view. The baby thinks the toy has disappeared when actually it is still close by. What we find cute is the baby's lack of understanding about reality.

All of the problems faced by the ponies do seem serious and important to me -even the minor ones- because the writers do such a good job of pulling me into the world they have created. There are moments on the show where a character takes on a momentary cute look, like when Rainbow Dash and Tank rub noses when no one else is looking, but for the most part I don't see the characters as "cute".

Don't find them sexy either but that's just because ponies are not my cup of sexy tea.

• Brohoof 4

I thing there both especially when you put boobs or a vagina on it and when you love somthing so much its gonna happen or some people are furrys and one thing needs to change we need to lower the clop fics and start being known for what we good brony and pegasisters are cause some people ive met thing bronys are just a bunch of clopers 
sleep.png