Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cute, Sexy or BOTH

Cwanky

No boobies or anything to be found sexy. 

They don't have to have "boobies" to be attractive...they are attractive for their personalities, and plus they're sooo cute :3

Plus Rarity is just gorgeous, I mean really.

• Brohoof 5

They don't have to have "boobies" to be attractive...they are attractive for their personalities, and plus they're sooo cute :3

Plus Rarity is just gorgeous, I mean really.

I'm not attracted to cartoon animals.

Interesting way of putting it.

I guess I could put them in the category of both. Particularly because I like "cute" girls. I like women that appear wholesome, feminine, and sweet. 

I guess the character design WAS in fact a part of my initial appeal for the show. The first brony material I saw was a PMV in which the Mane Six were lip-synched to pop songs.

. . . . This one to be precise!

What struck me as odd was that I didn't usually like the songs that were used, yet somehow the pleasing aesthetics of the pony's bright and exceedingly emotive features off set what I usually associated with the songs. Overall, the whole experience was made enjoyable by expert level song splicing and scene editing combined with the existing footage of MLP. 

Not being familiar with the source material, I hoped on over to TVTropes and found out what the deal was, skipped back over to Youtube to watch the pilot, and then nature took it's course.

Over time, and as I became more familiar with the Mane Six as characters, I began to appreciate them in ways beyond admiration and enjoyment, and to the level that a few of them would make great romantic material for me.

Fluttershy in particular. img-2014035-1-blush.png

In general, the character design is a vast improvement from the previous generations. As odd as this may sound, they were too realistic. They made them look so much like actual equines, that there was very little in the way of actions or expressions that they could do. In contrast, how many shots have we freeze framed, captured, and reproduced for just a particular facial expression?

So while I love the show for many reasons, yes, the aesthetics was a great initial appeal.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

That picture of Twilight is great! She's totally got that hot, sexy librarian thing going on for her.

Yeah, I did save it. :)

It's probably easier to be attracted to the ponies if you're already a sci-fi and fantasy fan and are used to thinking outside the box that way.

• Brohoof 1

I find the ponies to be cute. I am not going to lie and say I haven't read clop before. I have read numerous shipfics, and if there is sexual content, I will read it, because realistically, sex will be a part of a relationship, and I want the full picture. i won't go out of my way to find clop, and if I do bump into it, it is not likely to get me going, so to speak, but I don't avoid it either. But to answer in short, I find the ponies to be primarily cute, with the occasional piece of clop managing to somewhat get to me.

personaly i don't understand cloppers.. if i am in the right mood (you know what i mean) and i see a pony i just go on *hug and love mode*..(my girlfriend hates that XD)  they are only cute to me.. if i see something that tries to be sexy, like this:

img-2011709-1-106769%20-%20magazine%20pa

it only makes me smile or laugh!img-2011709-2-laugh.png

See i like the nerdy girl with glasses look.  That being said sense she's not anthro morphic that's bordline cute,

and the glasses are sexy, but it's still a pony.

and when you say hug and love mood is this a fluffle pluff thing?

See i like the nerdy girl with glasses look.  That being said sense she's not anthro morphic that's bordline cute,

and the glasses are sexy, but it's still a pony.

and when you say hug and love mood is this a fluffle pluff thing?

he's really cute indeed.... hug and love mood is when my gf whats sex but i want soft hug and sweetie words!

he's really cute indeed.... hug and love mood is when my gf whats sex but i want soft hug and sweetie words!

you are aware twilight sparkle is a girl?  Unless that's dusk shine.  *eye balls the picture* it's twilight right?  Yep says twilight.  see that's why boobies come in handy LOL.  you don't have that problem.

Oh god, Fluttershy is so adorable there! She's thinking, "I didn't expect this kind of a shoot with Photo Finish." There is one thing I wonder about. In the SSCS6000 why is she blushing when RD rips her blanket off her in the opening?

Oh god, Fluttershy is so adorable there! She's thinking, "I didn't expect this kind of a shoot with Photo Finish." There is one thing I wonder about. In the SSCS6000 why is she blushing when RD rips her blanket off her in the opening?

One of the biggest arguments for my lovely OTP. Also note how RD looks down towards some "parts" with an interested look on her face, then gets annoyed when Flutters covers herself.

I honestly find them both cute and attractive. It doesn't affect the way I view the show at all. I just simply see them as girls, and I'm attracted to girls haha. They are cute and have great personalities, so why wouldn't I be attracted to them? Although there are certain ponies I find attractive, and others that I don't really find attractive. For example, I see Fluttershy as cute, but not really attractive. Rarity or Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, I find attractive.

Pretty much this. The characters in the show can be either or tbh, fanart aside. It doesn't affect the way I view the show because that's simply how they appear. The same can happen with any other show. I find Katara from Avatar and Asuna from SAO attractive, but that doesn't change the general plot progression in their respective stories. The same applies to MLP.

• Brohoof 2

the apple jack pic with her tongue hanging out made me laugh hard.

You know if i started seeing perverted humor associated with mlp it might sway me on the matter.

I tend to keep my mental image of equistra some what pure.

least as far as sex goes.

When talking about the attractiveness of these ponies, I'm first and foremost talking about the physical appearance. I have no problems admitting that.
Cute and sexy are sort of interchangeable for me, depending on the situation. Most of the time I differentiate between the two, but the line is not always very clear.
For the majority of the time, the ponies in the show are just adorable, plain and simple, but there have definitely been a few shots I have found myself ogling at with something else in mind than just "cute".
Let's take everyone's favourite mailmare as an example.
Derpy for me is the perfect storm of everything I like in a girl;
She's cute, awkward, bubbly, innocent, and, for want of a better word, ditsy.
Her colour scheme is very pleasing to me, she stands out because of those skewed, ambery eyes that I adore so much, and then there's that voice of hers that just tugs at my heartstrings every single time I hear it.

Personality is a huge factor for me as well, but the fact that I have latched on to- and developed feelings towards a not-exactly-that well-established background pony, says something about which I find more attractive, personality or looks.
Call me a huge, shallow cunt, or whatever you want, but I just can't help it.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

I find them to be absolutely adorable, but sexy?  I don't know about that...honestly, some of this "playpony" magazine art is weirding me out a little.  I can understand where cloppers are coming from, as they are attractive, but the one thing that bugs me is that on the show, it's just so innocent!

Again, I can see where people are coming from, but imo, the ponies are just plain cute.

But I'll admit it, AJ looks pretty good in the intro.

One of the biggest arguments for my lovely OTP. Also note how RD looks down towards some "parts" with an interested look on her face, then gets annoyed when Flutters covers herself.

I'm not looking for anything perverted. I'm just wondering what reason would she be blushing for?

I'm not looking for anything perverted. I'm just wondering what reason would she be blushing for?

Cause it was funny?

You know sometimes the show for goes sense to be funny.  And i'm okay with that.

The joke is that Dashie is seeing her "naked," in a revealing position. It is meant to be an adult joke. Keep in mind that, while targeted at little girls, the writers throw in adult stuff at times for bronies and for parents who are watching with their kids.

I just watched it. All that happened is that Fluttershy blushed. It was just a joke, no logic behind it.

I just watched it. All that happened is that Fluttershy blushed. It was just a joke, no logic behind it.

i find it funny :) even my little cousin got that reference and laught (i watch it with her so i have an excuse wink.png )