Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's relation with her books.

GhostPony750

Okay, so this might be strange to you or just jump in your face agressively (because truth smash hard)... but:

Twilight love reading books.
Omygosh, I know.

But what about her actual relation with them?

So today, my friend invited me somewhere and it ended up being awesome and awkward. But well, it was in an 100-years-old house, and there were books lying everywhere. (Even a book from the 1700's o_o) So of course, I'm looking everywhere, and on a shelf, I found a huge collection of french dictionaries.

So le me liking books and history very hard, I tried to find date of publication in the book. I open the book, we look in it - finds nothing. Then I tell him it's maybe at the end. So he picks all the pages and turn them; I see the first page twist and rip off. Seriously, I was like "Omygosh fkfkfkfkfkfkf shit!!!1!!". We are lucky this was a blank page, but still; it destroyed me.

So this event today made me think...:

20111212222146!Twilight_Sparkle_mess_of_

Wat. Why does she do that to her books? She's just gonna tear them up in small particles after each use. And she is known to throw them everywhere on the floor... Even when the corners are broken, I can't take it.

So should she take care of her books for future readers? Because you know, old books are beautiful;
and smell so good:

funny-old-books-smell.jpg
What's a thread about books without a bit of knowledge about them?

It seems like Twilight goes on the occasional reading/research binge and can sometimes get a bit messy during these times but of course it dosen't take long afterwards for her OCD to kick in. With Twilight it seems like a combination of a natural curiosity/thirst for knowledge and a source of comfort. Books can teach quite a bit as well as entertain, they often contain cold hard facts a certain order to them which can be very appealing to somepony as obsessed with schedules and routines as Twilight is. From a book you know what to expect but from people or ponies in Twilights case you don't always know what to expect so part of it is likely Twilight's attempt to make order out of an often confusing and disordered world.

Twilight's relation with books shows that she enjoys reading for the sake of reading a book, knowledge, and to keep her mind off of obsessing over little things that can be resolved with no problem at all. It's just you know, her OCD.

Twilight does that while being absent-minded, in all likelihood. Recall how she often stays up late studying, she might not be thinking straight when she does that to her books. She does keep her books well organized most of the time, it's often other ponies who mess them up and not Twilight herself.