Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MooWho

A great moment in your video gaming career. Anything from fighting games, to shooters, to glitches and speedruns, what is your most memorable and jaw dropping moment in a video game that made you go "Oh my god what?!"

I recently got into Counter Strike late summer, don't remember the map but it was 2 on 5. I was a complete noob at this, there's no way I can win. Partner dies and it was just me. Had an M4 and was defending. It all happened in a flash! I was sound whoring the foot steps as they came in closer, the instinct to shoot the head kicked in as I popped 2 guys in the head no sweat.

Bomb was planted and a good distance away from it. I run close and throw a flashbang I picked up, not thinking, I ran in there and killed 2 other guys behind boxes. I picked up the bomb to defuse it, sweat running down my headset, the last second right when I defused it, I was shot. We won the round and I was congratulated with GG's. Felt good man

River topic for me, I believe. Some from top of my head:

Warhammer 40k: Soulstorm

Winning a legit 2v1 match (as a result of game development, these guys allied) as Tau vs Space Marines/Sisters of Battle. It was insane. First confrontation left me with heavy loses, but thankfully all my infrantry was still alive, just the fact I've lost Etheral made me retreat with no morale. Both sides lost their mechanized units. Barely a minute later, counterattack came... ...I've managed to rebuild the Ehteral up to this point and landed 2ND orbital artillery in their infrantry. Nearly everything died. Repushed it to their bases and won.

Half-Life 2.

Gravity gun is probably the most favorite tool of many people. I've taken it to the next level. Half Life 2 had radiators... small, but heavy with intense damage on impact. So I kept walking with a radiator each time I saw one.There was a map where combines were shooting at us from a distant building, somewhere from windows. And I still had my radiator... Was playing with a friend that time, who was sitting beside me. His reaction: "What are you doing? Stop it, just pull crossbow and shoot him." Me: *Carefully aims into the sky. Corrects the aim a bit. Shoots. The radiator starts sloooowly flying across the map.* Friend: "If you think this will work, you're insane." Me: *Pulls out crossbow, zooms in onto the combine soldier* *Waits* *Radiator falls through window and scores a perfect headshot* Friend: "...get out... No, just... no. Leave, seriously... just go..."

Enemy Territory: True Combat Elite mod

Basically every time you're able to murder 8 people while being on your own. Such things are nearly impossible there.

League of Legends

Dodging skillshots like a boss. It happens rarely, but from time to time when I focus I'm able to predict 4-5 player skillshots timing and route, what makes me barely vulnerably in teamfights as a carry. Though, this happens only when I'm fully aware, consciously and subconsciously, that these guys do not joke and they will be after me.

• Brohoof 1

Ranking as the 12th best in Jojo's Bizarre adventure overall, 5th in the US and 1st with the particular character I was using. I haven't played that game in a while, so I've probably been bumped off that chart.

Beating Megaman X4 without any upgrades(no armor, no e-tanks, no life-ups. Nada)

Beating the Deep Dungeon in Final Fantasy Tactics while getting the Zodiac summon

Beating Twin Snakes on Extreme

Nothing big, but they made me happy

being rank 2 balance druid on the hardest BG group in wow was pretty epic, so much time put into wow :P, also my bad company 2 days were pretty epic, i got over 100 kill streaks with the m60 playing medic i also think i was the best black hawk flyer in bad company 2 for awhile.

Leveling up to my highest potential in Battlefield 3, unlocking as many weapons as I could. I had so many service stars for all of the weapons that I used, sadly that same magic might not happen in Battlefield 4. Those were the days. :P

Beating Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (one of the hardest RPGs I've ever played) for the first time and getting the most epic ending. Also, making it to the end of the last wave of the Horde mode of Gears of War 3 with just one other person. There are probably the moments where I had the biggest feeling of accomplishment in gaming smile.png!

Oh, and beating the last Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus was indescribably awesome too! 

Edited by Armchair Adventurer

I've probably had a few. All of them in Pokemon. :P

When I was around six, and my Typhlosion hit level 100.

About three years ago, I was soft reseting Leaf Green just for kicks and giggles, and after five resets, I get a shiny bulbasaur.

Last year, when I was soft reseting in a long car ride for a Uxie, on my third reset I got a shiny one.

I caught a Suicune on full health in a quick ball as well, that was pretty awesome. :P

And, I don't know if this would count, but I got a preplayed Heartgold game from the store once, and realised it had been hacked for 999 of every item five minutes later. :P Made my day. xD

I've got quite a few. 

1. When playing Pokemon Diamond a couple years ago, I was on the GTS. I left my level 32 ambipom there to see what I'd get. When I returned, I literally went total fangirl, for I received...a level 95 Mewtwo!!

2. Beating Star Fox 64 3DS in only 3 hours.

I had a ton of awesome moments in Battlefield 3.

• Shooting down a helicopter with an RPG.
  • Shooting down a helicopter with a tank shell.
  • Having your chopper stay alive the entire match, and just wrecking the other team.
  • Your first super-long range headshot with a Sniper.
  • Shooting down a jet with an RPG.
  • Suicidal attacks with C4 are always fun when you're bored. ("Jihad-Jeeping")

I can't wait till I get BF4...I hope to make as many memories on it as I did with BF3. biggrin.png

Oh yeah, the Scarab mission from Halo 3 was pretty damn awesome when I played it for the first time at age 12, or so.

Edited by Seibutsu Akuma

Fallout 3: Using the infinite cap glitch to clean out stores.

*Getting power armor training after leaving the vault.

Megaman 8: Bass fusing with Treble

God of war 3: Punching Zeus in the face after all that sh** you have to put up with getting to him.

Jak 3: Using the infinite orb glitch.

Jak 2: Beating hero mode.(i used the early Mar Tomb glitch cause the tankership mission is f*** impossible. Seriously!)

that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

Beating the Ethereal Queen in Radiata Stories for the first time with a party of merely average characters (rather than heavy hitters like Elwen, Gerald, Gruel, etc) was amazing. It took me six or seven tries but I did it. 

I also beat one of the best Soul Calibur 2 players around, a guy named Ralph who works at the local game store. Granted I was doing it on a PS2 rather than his system of choice, but even on GameCube I won a few rounds against him. Talim never steers me wrong, especially with the Double Crescent Blades. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone