Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Finding a Friend

FlutterFerret

To start us off, this is my first fanfic. I'm open to suggestions. img-2012907-1-e9FkmL5.png

P.S. The voice sounded like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCnYzCtqOgU The knave's voice, not Alice's.

CRASH! Clover Jinx ran into a tree as she was flying. She crumpled to the ground, wing aching. She tried to fly it off, but it only made it worse. Her wing was broken.

"Quite the fall you took there." a stallion's voice said. It had a deep British accent, like the one Tidal had. Clover reminded herself he had been dead for a very long time. The stallion helped her up, and was gone within minutes. Who in Equestria was that? she wondered. Ponies came and went into the Everfree Forest, but she had never heard anypony who talked like Tidal had.

Clover winced as the doctor wrapped a bandage around her broken wing.

"Do you have any questions about when you can get out of the hospital or go back to the Everfree Forest?" asked the doctor.

"Just... when can I fly again?"

"In a few weeks. In the meantime, why don't you make some acquaintances?"

The doctor left the room and Clover heard a small groan behind the curtain to the left of her. She didn't 

want to be rude, but the doctor had told her to socialize...

"H-hey, are you okay?" Clover asked nervously. The pony groaned again, this time a little louder. 

Well, Clover thought, the doctor never said anything about walking. She got up and pulled the curtain over, only to reveal a maneless stallion wrapped in a hospital gown and a blanket. The stallion gasped,

"Who are you? Are--- you a ghost?!"

Clover just stared at him with a thoughtful look on her face, then held his hoof to show she wasn't a ghost. She smiled, and he smiled a weak, faint smile back.

"My name is Clover Jinx, and you are?" Clover asked.

"My name is Quick Wit, I'm Princess Fiery Wit's brother," he said.

"If you don't mind my asking... why are you here?"

"I was diagnosed with a terminal illness. I am expected to live for two more weeks. Please don't tell Fiery Wit?"

"That's terrible! Oh, ah, of course. I'll keep it under lock and key." Even if she is the princess of Appleloosa! Clover thought.

"Well," said Clover, "we should get some sleep."

It was 8:00 A.M. and Clover was reading. She woke Quick Wit and asked him if he wanted any breakfast. It was too late to ask, however, because at that moment a mare came in with breakfast for the both of them. The mare pulled back the curtain Clover hadn't noticed. A filly was behind the curtain.

As soon as the mare left, Clover talked to the filly.

"Aren't you a little thing?" she said with a grin.

"Um... hi. I'm... Twinklestrike.said the filly.

"Oh, yes! Thunderlane's niece. If you don't mind telling us, why are you here?"

"Um... us?"

"Oh, yeah. Meet Quick Wit, Princess Fiery Wit's brother."

"Hi!" Twinklestrike squeaked, and started to cry.

"No, no! Don't cry."

Bored, to be continued.

Edited by Clover Jinx