Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private In the shadow of the iron Queen.

Midnight Scribbler

In the shadow of the iron Queen.

OOC thread

The day was dim, storm clouds billowed in the distance, and an eerie fog had rolled in from the ocean. The walls of the cliffside fortress stood tall against the crash of the waves, and mist sprayed over the parapets. The guardsponies had been on edge since they had received warning of an impending attack from the shadow queen.

She had long reined over their land, and had been pushed back in rebellion, but still held great power. Her name was feared among the sane, who were left from her iron lordship. Many had been broken with fear, and would not stand against her, but the brave few who did were beginning to become outnumbered. And this time, it didn't look good. They knew these were the signs of her army, making it's way towards them. The dark queen's changeling army would rain down upon their fortification at any time.

Commander Spark, a venerable leader, stood tall as the ocean sprayed his grey mane. He knew the odds were not in his favour, but chose not to show his doubt. He barked orders to a couple of guards to load the cannons, and have his steeds informed to muster their full strength to bear against this tide. Lines of unicorn guards stood at the walls, ready to put up their defenses when ordered. They were well equipped, but heavily outnumbered.

Suit Twister had been traveling for days, his bags filled with remnants of food, and ink pots, among other things. His belly was empty, and he had no other options. He skulked up to the fortress gates and battered at the thick wood, hoping they would let him in, and hopefully feed him something.

(next post will be faster, and yes he tends to think out loud)

Sound Thought was walking to what seemed like a fortress. "Of what is the real question? A fortress of war I'd presume, or a very large rook. Is luna and Celsetia playing chess? No that would be under the implication they were smart. The only real reason I might suspect this of them is because of how big it is, and the royal ego they both must secretly posses." It mattered very little to him what was going on, so long as he could find a place to rest in the castle. 

He carried a small bag of his odd's and ends, the usual things he would bring on his travels to place he knew very little of. He saw a pony standing at the gates of the castle and decided to see why he was banging on the door. "Surely if he's a local they would let him in, assuming there benevolent." 

@@Midnight Scribbler

He walked up behind the pony and stopped. He didn't say anything that would show he was there. He just starred at the pony for awhile. 

Edited by danzxc123

@,

Suit Twister continued pounding on the door to no avail, finally giving up, his stomach groaning angrily. He sighed, and turned to notice a stallion behind him. He jumped, and cowered next to the door, no expecting to see anypony, and not knowing who this was. "wh..What does he want??" Suit asked in a strange way, as if he was asking himself. He nibbled his ink stained hooves nervously.

"What in Celestia is this..." Techite pondered to himself. After all he had been wandering away from Equestria for days now and came to wobder what he was doing here. Techite then ahead saw this dark tall looming wall ahead of him and these two ponies standing near the main gates of this fortress. Techite decided to see what was the matter, in consideration he was desperate for shelter at the time too.

@@Midnight Scribbler,@@Techite Sparkle,

Sound Thought noticed the pony's reaction and started to walk in a circle and think. "Not aggressive obviously, really nervous and shaky. I'm not too sure maybe... no undecided." He saw another pony walking their way and decided to pay her no mind for the moment. "It looks like she's approaching in concerned anyway. I'm sure she will be passive if, protective even when comes closer." He stopped his pacing and drew his attention back to the cowering pony. "Do you live here? Come on, speak up. I haven't hurt you. Unless you suffer some mental condition that I'm not aware of." 

Edited by danzxc123

@@Midnight Scribbler

@

@@Techite Sparkle

Media Snap trotted along down the road, taking several pictures of the huge fortress that loomed over the cliff line. He took some of the border too, before strolling up to the fortress itself. He could use a place to stay right about now, after traveling for quite some time. Being a tourist was surprisingly tiring, but he didn't mind one bit. He stopped a foot away from the three ponies who were all gathered at the gate.

"Huh....how do we get in then?" He mumbled to himself.

Edited by ovr9000percentcooler

@Midnight

@danzxc

@ovr9000

"Hey, what is everypony doing here? In a place like this..." Techite says shyly and slightly cowers. "...is everypony here okay? We should probably find some shelter its freezing out here..." Techite studders tensely. Techite wonders again to himself why these weird chains of events are taking place in such a odd place.

@@ovr9000percentcooler,

@@Techite Sparkle,

@,

"S-suffer? n.. er.. Hmm..." The words echoed into the stallion's head, and conflicted his current state physically with how he felt in his head. "Suit hungers.. He hasn't eaten in many days."

The others wander in, and Suit becomes increasingly agitated. "Hrrmm. Maybe they have food.. Does one have food to share with Suit?" He said, directing it towards the others in desperation.

@Midnight Scribbler

"If anypony is hungry... you sure seem to be, uhh you can have some of my pomegranate seeds. I always take some with me when I'm out traveling" Techie hesitantly puts his front hoof out to offer some. "Sorry if you don't like pomegranate... but its all I have on me..."

@@Midnight Scribbler

@

@@Techite Sparkle

He turned to Techite upon hearing him speak. "Well, I do agree with you, but I don't see where else we're gonna find a place to stay." He did find it odd they were all huddled by the door at the same moment in time, but he wasn't too bothered by it. A strong wind came by, and he shuddered.

He then noticed the strange pony, wondering what exactly his hooves were covered in. He looked a bit....distraught, and he felt a little bad. He reached in his saddlebag along the snacks he had stored for his travels. "I have an apple in my bag, I suppose you could have it." He tossed him the apple.

@@Techite Sparkle,@@Midnight Scribbler,@@ovr9000percentcooler

"Well I still have some grain on me, I hope it didn't get mixed in with that potion, if any of you must eat feel free to ask. Now assuming since he's hungry, either he's come back from travels or doesn't live here..." He notices the pony tossing the cowering stallion an apple and says, "I wonder how I missed one?" He turned towards him and gave a short, "Hi." Then continued thinking, "Now that I think of it were all looking for shelter am I correct. Still assuming you don't live here."

@@Techite Sparkle,

@@ovr9000percentcooler,

@,

Suit eyes the seeds up, and looks into Techie's face for some hint of deception. He cautiously approaches him, and snatches the seeds, then retreats, scarfing them down ravenously. He then notices an apple flying his way, which he catches with insane reflex with his teeth. "Shuit ith.. motht grathious.." He says, then spits the apple into his hoof  "Hmm. We thank you for your offer, kind ones."

Suit looks to Sound Thought "We don't live here, merely caught in the wind and the cold we were. Like a child far from home. Hungry and alone. I seek shelter here, but.."

Suddenly a voice calls down from the wall above

"Who goes there?? State your business ponies!!"

"Yeah I kinda went wandering a bit far this time *Moves hoof thru mane* and I'm pretty sure this place is not on any map from equestria..." Techie explains. "But what are we going to do now you know... Our first priority should be to find shelter. Everypony agree with that?" Techie asks shyly. "Oh no... Somepony sees us! Ahh what are we... Umm... what are we going to do..." Techie asks with pure shock and terror.

Edited by Techite Sparkle

@@Midnight Scribbler,@@Techite Sparkle, @@ovr9000percentcooler

"Agreed, and if you'd like you can borrow my coat. It's wrong to leave a lady freezing." He said while handing her his checkered coat. He paid the guard no mind. His bussniess was his own, and he always hated it when a guard would invade her personal space with such a arrogant question.

Edited by danzxc123

@@Midnight Scribbler

@

@@Techite Sparkle

"Yep, not from around here that's for sure. Now that I think about it, I don't know where this is...." He questioned his reasoning for traveling this far without a map. "But I'm just looking for a place to bunk, doubt there are any nearby towns around here, and this looks like our-"

He jumped at the booming sound of the stallion from the other side. "Ah! Um, hello, sir? We kinda need a place to stay, you got any room in there?" He shouted obliviously.

@@ovr9000percentcooler,

@,

@@Techite Sparkle,

Suit Twister cowers again, making a pathetic squeak sound as he slowly uncovers his head.

The voice from the wall was coming from a porthole, a white stallion in armour stood, staring out at them. "What are your names? And why have you come here? Do you not know wh.." Another voice came from inside "Let them enter" "Very well sir.. Alright, enter. Don't cause any trouble." With that, the heavy doors made a loud thud sound as the lock lifted, and they creaked loudly as they swung aside. Two guards pushed from the inside, leaving enough room for one pony to fit through at a time.

The inside was vast, a cobblestone path lead through a courtyard to a large castle in the center. Guards stood by everywhere, watching the newcomers as they entered.

@@ovr9000percentcooler,@@Midnight Scribbler, @@Techite Sparkle,

He tossed the coat on the mares back whether she wanted it or not, and began trotting inside. "Well it's about time, I was wondering when we would find a way inside." As he walked pass the guards by the door: he grabbed the guards helmet, brought his head down to his level, and breathed on it. Then he shined it with his hoof. "I wouldn't wouldn't want the mindless pieces not to look their best." Then he continued to trot inside.

Edited by danzxc123
  • Brohoof 1

@,

@@ovr9000percentcooler,

@@Techite Sparkle,

As Sound Thought shined the helm of one of the guards, another, taller, thicker built one stepped forward. He got up into Sound's face "And just 'Oo deh yeh think you are, then?" He said, spitting on Sound's hoof "Respect isn't given for nothin'.. You autta be more careful when acting like that round 'ere." He gazed around the group. Peering at the smallest, Suit Twister. Who was attempting to hide behind Techie at the moment the guard approached. "And I suppose you all came ere for some reason. Well, what of it then? Why are you 'ere??" He boomed. Chortling at the cowering Suit.

@@Midnight Scribbler

@

@@Techite Sparkle

Snap easily felt the tension between them & the guards. Along with his all-around media skills, he also had a knack for settling things like soon-to-be-fights, or just getting off on the wrong hoof. He turned & bowed out of respect to the one built guard.

"Hello sir, the names Media Snap, and I assume we're all here from traveling purposes. At least I know I am, but that's not the point. I'm sure none of these ponies mean any harm, all we need is a nice place to stay for a bit. It is quite cold, and I don't think any of us can go any further."

Edited by ovr9000percentcooler

@@Midnight Scribbler,@@ovr9000percentcooler,@@Techite Sparkle

(I will warn you right now, if he's thinking... he's pissed.)

Sound Thought felt something wet on his hoof, he looked down to see a vial substance running down the side of his hoof. He kept looking down so no one could see it, but his face was slowly starting to form an angry glare.  

'Oo deh yeh think you are

The next thing he did was so dangerous that he refrains from doing it very often... He thought. "The wrong pony to piss off."

He shook off the spit from his hoof and lifted his head toward guard and the pony whose name he didn't know, but he was smiling the entire time. "He's right we mean you no harm and I'm sorry about my little grooming, I just can't stand: FILTHY, REPULSIVE, DISGUSTING, and for those with little knowledge of synonyms NASTY LOOKIN' G~" He held his tongue and quickly changed his words.  "Gold. It's a mental condition of mine." Then started to 'think' about what to do next. He started to scan the small area they were in. "Perfect."

Edited by danzxc123

@@ovr9000percentcooler,

@,

@@Techite Sparkle,

The guard peered at Sound momentarily. Then gazed around them "I take it none of you know what's going on right now then?.. You see that there cloud?" He said, pointing a hoof up to the sky, where it was growing increasingly dark. "That's an army of Changelings, and they're coming 'ere. So you make yer choice now. Either yer ere to 'elp us fight, or you'd best run for the hills.. But I don't fancy yer chances out there if they see yeh. Nasty bugs, they are.. NOW. What'll it be ponies?" He glanced about looking for responses.

Suit Twister gazed up at the darkening sky "Heh haha!! Choose wisely, friends.. There is no turning back. A path with a split, one leads off the cliff, the other to hardship. hmm hehe! I choose the rocky road, for light may shine yet. Hmmhmm."

@@Midnight Scribbler

@

@@Techite Sparkle

Snap's pupils dialated immensely. "Ch-changelings?" He stuttered as he stared at the cloud, growing more & more threatening. He thought about it long & hard. He was never designed to be a fighter, it was just the way he grew up. Of course, the alternative wasn't looking too much better. He sighed, and eventually caved in to the relevance of the situation. Straightening his face, he saluted the guards pony.

"Media Snap, at your service." He didn't show it, but he wasn't looking forward to most of what may come in the next few days.

@@Midnight Scribbler,@@ovr9000percentcooler,@@Techite Sparkle

Sound thought started walking back towards the ponies while he spoke. "Seeing how I don't like my options against one-th~ wha..." He was falling, a misplaced stone in the floor had cause him to trip. He tried to keep his balance, but only managed to crash into the nearest wall before falling to the floor with a loud thud. 

He slowly got up and continued his walk closer towards the guard and the pony he thought he heard called Media Snap. "Seeing how my back will be killing me for a while I will be the on the first side to offer medical aid. Rushed castle design, only another reason for me too hate... stones."

@,

@@ovr9000percentcooler,

@@Techite Sparkle,

The guardspony glanced at the odd pony, Suit Twister, and then Media Snap, smiling. "Well then, I'm glad to 'ear at least two of you 'ave some brains. We need all the 'elp we can get, though well equipped. We 'aven't got the numbers. Now then, what about you two then?" he glanced at the other two, questioningly, and watched as the larger of the four stumbled to the ground. "You gonna risk goin' back out there?" He chuckled.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler