Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming How many of you play the PS3?

Twila Starshimmer

Hi, all!

I, myself, am a big Playstation fan, and currently own the PS3. I'll get the PS4 when I can afford such a sudden big expense and there are more games out, though.

Does any other pony play the PS3? It seems everywhere I look it's XBOX 360; nothing against them or the company, but it's just not my scene.

Thanks! biggrin.png

Edited by Twila Starsong
  • Brohoof 1

i hate consoles.. i love mouse and keyboard.. and freedom of modding and stuff like the opposite of uploading.. btw i have one..

my father gifted himself one for MY birthday....

unbelivable.. i only play ace combat assault horizon on it

I play the ps3 sometimes, I mostly play PC.

(A console is just a standard pc with a f*cked OS right?)

Well between xbox and playstation, I perfer a playstation. (I would play an xbox if anyone wanted me to play with them)

• Brohoof 1

I play the ps3 sometimes, I mostly play PC.

(A console is just a standard pc with a f*cked OS right?)

Well between xbox and playstation, I perfer a playstation. (I would play an xbox if anyone wanted me to play with them)

so bucking right! well it's no more f**** since now it runs on a linux dashboard

• Brohoof 1

I play the PS3 a lot. As of late, I haven't played it very much, but that's because I have school work to deal with. I'll probably get a PS4 after they work out all the kinks (so, about six-eight months after release.) I don't want to be dangling the power cord out the window, with a piece of string, to avoid catching my house on fire.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a big PS3 fan, but I don't game nearly as much as I used to. You can add me on PSN if you want. My id is steampunk-matt

edit: That goes for anyone on this site who wants to. Just if you add me please send a message first because I delete random adds from people I don't know.

Edited by skylights
  • Brohoof 1

I have both PS3 and XBOX.

Though I find the XBOX Better. I do like the PS3 for certain reasons. 

The games I have:

Grand Turismo 5

Soul Caliber V

Rockband 3

Uncharted 3

gran turismo give me a boner every time... i love that redbull x2010 :)

I would if I had one, but at the time I bought my current gen console Xbox360 stuff was cheaper and easier to get around here so I went with that instead. I also have a Wii and I plan to get a PS3 when I find one cheap enough because it has a few exclusives I want to play. 

For this gen I'm hoping to have a gaming PC by the time Xbox360 titles run dry and I run out of existing ones to play. 

Edited by Shoboni

I have a ps3 and I play it pretty regularly. I picked the ps3 mostly because the sony platform seems to be what most of my favorite developers develop their games for (and it will most likely happen again with the ps4) and the region lock free games. I'm going to take full advantage of that region free goodness as soon as my order arrives img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

i myself play the ps3, i have always been a playstation gamer. I REALLY miss the ps2, but the 3 has fine games...i am holding off on getting a 4 cause it isn't backwards compatible with ps3 games, which blows in my opinion.

I dunno how the 360 couldn't be your scene when they share just about everything. Even exclusive games are just another game in the same genres they both focus on.

@@Discordian

Well, for one, I've been playing Playstation since the first one and got used to the mechanics/look of it.

Two, I have very small hands for being a 5'2 chick, so the XBOX controller has always felt too big and bulky for me to handle.

Three, while they do have almost all of the same games, the exlusives that the PS3 have I happen to love, such as the Uncharted series and The Last of US, whereas the exclusives for XBOX I don't really care much about.

To each their own, though. smile.png

Edited by Twila Starshimmer

Controller preference hardly counts as a "scene" though. That's little more than hardware and hell, you can convince yourself that none of the 360 exclusives interest you but I bet if you had one you'd be all over every game you previously weren't interested in. Not that I'm accusing anyone but I've seen it several times before where people tell themselves they don't care about games on consoles they don't have but the moment they have those consoles they didn't have before they immediately take an interest in all of these games they supposedly didn't have interest in. I think people confuse the idea that they don't have it so they don't need to think about it with the notion of actual disinterest when they would normally be the types of games you'd play if they were on the console you had.

@@Discordian,

Hey, man, I don't want a big debate or anything, just stating my thoughts.

Actually, I really don't care for the exclusives they have. It's not a don't own the XBOX thing, it's just my personal preference of games. Of the ones listed, only the Fable series and maybe the rest of Halo would I even be interested in. I've already played all of the Fables at friends' houses except for the latest one, and I stopped playing Halo back around the 2nd one, as that's when my dad last owned an XBOX. I mean, if I go over to a friend's house and they have the XBOX there then sure, I'll play. I'm not against playing on the system, I just don't personally want to own it. And I don't plan to own the XBOX One either. *shrug* 

Edited by Twila Starshimmer