Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming How many of you play the PS3?

Twila Starshimmer

It's my fault for not being on the forums much these days.

You'll learn that I am very forceful with my opinions but in spite of how it may sound I'm never actually trying to get you to change yours. Keep that in mind when you interact with me and you'll maybe not hate me later. wink.png

• Brohoof 1

I play the PS3 and I'm a fan of it but the majority of the games I own are single player. Now, I'll be getting Minecraft for the PS3 when that comes out. That I'll definitely play online.

It's a side effect of long-term internet usage. I've been made fun of and even bullied so many times for only kinda knowing what I'm talking about or not really fully believing my own opinions. There came a time when I started to need to know how I felt and be able to put it into words with confidence.

Unfortunately that leads me to being a bit of an asshole. Such is life.

I got a PS3, in large part because it didn't charge you for multiplayer, or to use Netflix. And, though the Wii can play Netflix, it doesn't support HD. Right now, some of the main usage of my PS3 is for accessing Netflix. Just recently, I got GTA 5 for it, and I've been enjoying that.

I actually ended up getting PlayStation Plus anyway, because they give you access to a number of free games. It seemed pretty cost-effective to me.

My PSN ID is 'PvtLastClass'. If anyone has GTA 5 and wants to go it online together, let me know!

It's a side effect of long-term internet usage. I've been made fun of and even bullied so many times for only kinda knowing what I'm talking about or not really fully believing my own opinions. There came a time when I started to need to know how I felt and be able to put it into words with confidence.

Unfortunately that leads me to being a bit of an asshole. Such is life.

Well, now that you know you are sure in your opinions and how you can be, you can work on not coming across that way so much? You can be firm without being harsh, you know. ;)

Meh, I stopped caring a long time ago. It's not up to me to predict how people react to the things I say. It's their fault if they don't like it.

Edited by Discordian

Meh, I stopped caring a long time ago. It's not up to me to predict how people react to the things I say. It's their fault if they don't like it.

True, it's not up to you to predict how people will react, but at the same time since you know you come across as not-so-nice you'd have to realize that a majority of people aren't going to receive your words well? It's just a matter of whether or not they call you out on it. At least, I would think so.

Edited by Twila Starshimmer

The problem is that some people actually prefer it when I'm like that instead of pussyfooting around everything I say. I can't please everyone so I just go with what's most natural to me. I'm not out to make people like me.

@@Discordian

I'll be honest, there's not a ton of Xbox exclusives that really, really grab my interest. There are interesting games on the other side that I'd like to play (or at least try), there are plenty, but I feel that the must-haves for me generally end up on playstation. If I felt like it was really, really worth it (not just the funds to buy it, but the space to store it and so on), I'd get an Xbox.

But there will always be that one game beyond my reach, Tales of Vesparia. Why do they do this to me? One day Tales is on the gamecube, the next it's on ps2, thursday's xbox 360. You're driving me nuts with all this console hopping, Bamco; if you'd just go multiplatform or at least just generally stick to one, I wouldn't be as annoyed. 

The problem is that some people actually prefer it when I'm like that instead of pussyfooting around everything I say. I can't please everyone so I just go with what's most natural to me. I'm not out to make people like me.

Haha, I've never heard of that word before. I assume it's the same as sugar coating? Yeah, I don't really sugar coat either, but I try not to sound like a royal bitch when I do say what I mean. I can be quite opinionated, as I'm sure you and others will come to find, but never in a "holier than thou" way. :)

@@Discordian

I'll be honest, there's not a ton of Xbox exclusives that really, really grab my interest. There are interesting games on the other side that I'd like to play (or at least try), there are plenty, but I feel that the must-haves for me generally end up on playstation. If I felt like it was really, really worth it (not just the funds to buy it, but the space to store it and so on), I'd get an Xbox.

But there will always be that one game beyond my reach, Tales of Vesparia. Why do they do this to me? One day Tales is on the gamecube, the next it's on ps2, thursday's xbox 360. You're driving me nuts with all this console hopping, Bamco; if you'd just go multiplatform or at least just generally stick to one, I wouldn't be as annoyed.

I think the main reason they jump around is that it gets the franchise name out there.

There's also the possibility that each game is made on certain consoles because that console actually has the capabilities to pull off what they wanna do with each game. Every Tales game is pretty different from the last in some way.

Plus focusing development on one system raises the overall quality of a game since it caters to that consoles specs instead of having to lower certain other aspects to make it possible to play on more than one.

Haha, I've never heard of that word before. I assume it's the same as sugar coating? Yeah, I don't really sugar coat either, but I try not to sound like a royal bitch when I do say what I mean. I can be quite opinionated, as I'm sure you and others will come to find, but never in a "holier than thou" way. smile.png

Kinda the same, yeah.

I certainly don't try to make myself sound better than others but at the end of the day does it really matter how I sound if my point is made? Most of the people I talk to in a day I'm not likely to interact with more than once in my lifetime anyway.

P.S. do people get alerted when you quote them, or only when mentioning?

Should be notified of both quoting and mentioning but the system sometimes doesn't work properly, particularly with mentioning.

That new, eh? Well welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay and find people you'll actually enjoy talking to instead of me. laugh.png

I'm not always so bad. Just sometimes I get a little big for my britches. If you see me around I'm not likely going to be so...volatile. My activity is likely to pick up soon what with season 4 starting. I tend to be on the forums more when seasons are on.

• Brohoof 1

I think the main reason they jump around is that it gets the franchise name out there.

There's also the possibility that each game is made on certain consoles because that console actually has the capabilities to pull off what they wanna do with each game. Every Tales game is pretty different from the last in some way.

Plus focusing development on one system raises the overall quality of a game since it caters to that consoles specs instead of having to lower certain other aspects to make it possible to play on more than one.

That may be, but it makes following the series a bit of a pain. The last few have been on playstation; I wonder if they're starting to settle down...

I definitely wouldn't bet on it though. The next major Tales of could be on Steam Box for all I know ohmy.png

Edited by Mutemutt

Who knows what the next Tales game is even gonna be? Xillia 2 comes out in 2014 at some point. Might have to wait until E3 or TGS for even an announcement on a new one. I might be wrong though. Haven't seen much Tales news for awhile so I might've missed something.

@@Discordian,

Why thank you, kind sir. wink.png 

It's cool. I'm honestly over it. I think part of the issue with any forum or website is that you can't see a person's body language or tone of voice, so misinterpretations and such are bound to happen.

There's that too. I've seen a lot of people who say things rather matter-of-factly but because you don't know what tone they are using it comes off as really snarky which usually blows up into a huge argument that didn't need to happen. Funtimes on the internet. laugh.png

Of course sometimes a good argument can lead to friends when everything's cleared up. Nothing like adversity to make people show their true colors. I'd rather people know I'm an asshole beforehand instead of being surprised by it later. tongue.png

Maybe I should actually post something on-topic though...

My PS3 has been doin' a few funky things lately. Shutting off from overheating, for example. It only really seems to happen in Infamous though so I wonder if the game is just that intensive or something? It still means my PS3 is on it's way out but maybe not quite as urgently as I originally thought.

I just got Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PS3 too so it would suck if it died before I got a chance to beat it. Especially with Lightning Returns coming! Main reason I got it on PS3 was cuz of my FFXIII save file so I could get the goodies.

Edited by Discordian

Of course sometimes a good argument can lead to friends when everything's cleared up. Nothing like adversity to make people show their true colors. I'd rather people know I'm an asshole beforehand instead of being surprised by it later. tongue.png

Maybe I should actually post something on-topic though...

My PS3 has been doin' a few funky things lately. Shutting off from overheating, for example. It only really seems to happen in Infamous though so I wonder if the game is just that intensive or something? It still means my PS3 is on it's way out but maybe not quite as urgently as I originally thought.

I just got Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PS3 too so it would suck if it died before I got a chance to beat it. Especially with Lightning Returns coming! Main reason I got it on PS3 was cuz of my FFXIII save file so I could get the goodies.

Oh, come here, you! *grabs into a hug*tongue.png

That's odd. I don't own Infamous yet, but I have had my Playstation shut off a few times in the past (my old one). It got too overheated from back to back gaming. Not sure if that has anything to do with your issue, though.

I have that one and the first, but I still have to play them. They are my first real FF games after FFX, and so far the first one seems very...bland? At least, in terms of holding my attention. I'm only right after the collapse of the bridge thing, but so far it feels super linear in appearance. Is this normal? Does it get better?