Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Press Release: BronyCAN 2014 Dates & Location Announced!

Ponyzilla

Are you all ready for more pony? 

BronyCAN is coming back in 2014 from August 22nd to 24th! Yes, our con will be three days long next year! Our venue for 2014 will once again be at the Executive Airport Plaza Hotel, which is only ten minutes away from the Vancouver International Airport and four-blocks from the Canada Line SkyTrain. The Executive offers 4-star accommodations with 230 guest suites, 70 apartments and an astounding staff. Details regarding booking rooms will come later.

Volunteering

In other news, we are still looking for more volunteers to lend us a helping hoof this year! There are many departments such as: logistics, art/design, guest relations, finance and many more, that are still taking in any helpers, so sign up today by clicking here!

Pre-registration

We will soon be ready to open pre-registration for passes. We are currently in the middle of setting up a notification service to help let you know when pre-registration will be open. Badge pricing will be revealed later.

Our BronyCAN Online Store is Still Open!

Enjoy a variety of shirts, hoodies, prints, and more, all completely customizable. More designs will be available in the future, so keep checking back as they come! Get started at: http://society6.com/BronyCAN/tshirts

That's it for now, ponies! We will be back soon for more announcements to come.

• Brohoof 14

Woo! Glad to see next year's con coming together. :D

Don't hesitate to apply for a staff position if you're looking for a fantastic way to get involved with the brony community. We're hiring all across the board, and you'll be helping to make BronyCAN 2014 an unforgettable experience for everyone who attends.

• Brohoof 1

Awwe, I was hoping maybe it would move! I suppose it makes sense for it to be there since All Powerful Feld0 resides there.

I will try to make it. Keeping a heads up on this topic.

Awwe, I was hoping maybe it would move! I suppose it makes sense for it to be there since All Powerful Feld0 resides there.

I will try to make it. Keeping a heads up on this topic.

Well, Feld0 being in Vancouver is not exactly the reason why our venue hasn't changed (though him being here is a plus and he is a life saver). Our venue is relatively close to DHX and I mean, most of the VAs live in Vancouver as well.

• Brohoof 1

What kind of pony can you go as???

Can you go as an older generation pony or can you only go as an MLP:FIM pony???

If I'm able to make it, this would be my first BronyCAN ever. So I'd like to know more about it.

Haha, you can go as any pony you like, regardless of generation. All you have to do is be creative!  :muffins: You should've seen the costumes we had last year. Ca-razy!

Keep in mind that little ones will be running around, so keep it clean and we're good. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have mailed my registration for the Conference.  It will be my first MLP one, but not my first convention.  In the past I have attended Anime Evolution to the Fan Expo, but I have never cos-played. So, this will be the first year at my attempt at cos-playing.

• Brohoof 1

Where do you live? If you live anywhere in the Lower Mainland, transit has easy access to the place.

As a frequent SkyTrain user, I very much agree. The venue is four blocks from the Canada Line. If there's a station nearby or a bus that connects to them, you most definitely can use transit. And if you're traveling through the Airport, you can just hop on the Canada Line when you leave the terminal and transfer to a train bound for Richmond. Very simple and very reliable. I'd highly recommend using TransLink's Trip Planner to figure out the most best route to the venue. Don't forget about the return trip!

I can offer up to 3 ponies a ride if you live in Alberta.  We can split gas 4 ways.

If you're considering giving people a ride to the con from certain locations, you should leave post on our travel subforum: http://mlpforums.com/forum/112-carpools-travel-plans/

Edited by FirestormCAN

i live in parma OHIO ...plus my dad says bronies are gay ... I PERSONALLY THINK BRONIES are NOT gay,because most of my friends are bronies and i've met their Girlfriends,PLUS I HAVE ONE... B)  :wub:

If you like them, it does not matter what anyone else thinks.  Be proud of being a bronie!  Congrats on the GF. ;)

Are there any Brony conventions near you?  Can you afford to fly to Vancouver, BC, to go to this one happening in August?

• 2 weeks later...

I got my pass within an hour of seeing that the announcement that passes were being sold went up on Facebook.  :P

I went a little crazy this year and got the Patron level and a ticket to the VIP dinner. Last year was so awesome, I cannot wait until this year's con. I still need to figure out the hotel room though, My friend said he'd come with and split a hotel room, but who knows. 

Though now I've also purchased my pass for BronyExpo in Edmonton, so I've got two Brony conventions to look forward to this summer. I'm just a little excited, yes. 

• 4 weeks later...