Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My new cutie mark tattoo

skylights

I just got this done tonight. I'm proud of it so thought I'd share. I was going for something unobtrusive enough to not be in everyone's face, but still visible and able to send a sort of subtle "hi I'm a brony" that nonbronies won't pick up on. Normal people see a colorful lightning bolt. Cool people see Rainbow Dash :3

post-20890-0-90503400-1384916252_thumb.jpg

Edited by skylights
  • Brohoof 13

Very nice! How much did it cost, if I might ask? Looking to get one done, too.

Thanks! It was $100 at an area shop, which is about what I expected going in. You can't tell from the picture but end to end the length is about the same as my index finger.

That is soo aewsome!!! might I add better than most tattoos I've seen.

I'd want to get one to but I'd want Scootaloos cutie mark.... and there you see is a problem xD

Anyway great tattoo dude smile.png

thanks :3 and you have Scootaloo's cutie mark by default I think tongue.png

Edited by skylights
  • Brohoof 2

Just remembered a before and during picture I took and thought I'd throw them in this thread as well. First one is the stencil, second one everything is done except the yellow in the middle. Wish I'd taken more, I think it's kinda neat seeing in-progress work.

post-20890-0-54157300-1385008388_thumb.jpg

post-20890-0-47187900-1385008476_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ooh, that's awesome. I've been wanting to get a cutie mark tattoo on my shoulder blade. Still debating between Twilight's cutie mark or Rarity's.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, o.o just logged in for the first time in a few weeks, didn't expect to see so much recent activity on this thread :P

Ooh, that's awesome. I've been wanting to get a cutie mark tattoo on my shoulder blade. Still debating between Twilight's cutie mark or Rarity's.

They would both look great I think, but I lean more towards Rarity. Twilight's mark has too much white to look very good as a tattoo.(unless you planned to have a big swath of purple put on your shoulder that it could be outlined in).

I've promised my friends that as soon as I get a job in teaching that I'd go out the same day and get cheerilee's cutie mark on my arse.

As far as properly-placed cutie mark tattoos go, they could be worse :P

• Brohoof 1