Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

French-Scottish-English-Norwegian-Newfie

I don't know if Newfie counts. I know for a fact one of my ancestors was Jean-Olivier Chénier, who had his heart ripped from his abdomen based on the rumor that it was as black as coal. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

• Brohoof 1

Lots of German.

Some Native American in there somewhere. 

And...Scottish? I think? From my dad's side.

My last name is a Scottish or Irish name.

And all of my biological mom's family is German (Her maiden name was Furrh, and her mom's maiden name was Hoeldtke.)

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

i'm a a complete italian... my grandfather died in ww2 at el alamein, the other in russia, theyr fathers died during the first one, before they always been in italy since the resainance... during the middle age they moved here from old germany...

• Brohoof 1

German. I'm pretty German. But I'm even more Irish. Well, it's either Irish or Scottish, but probably Irish. And then there's a little bit of Czech and Slovak in there. I'd just say Czechoslovak, but they're not together anymore. I heard they broke up a couple of decades ago. Shame, they were so cute together.

So just to clarify - the half of me that didn't lose World War One was from Ireland.

Edited by Dez
  • Brohoof 2

Fully italian I believe, My father moved to Bergamo from south Italy and my mother and her family has always lived in the north, I'm a bit "sad" about it. It would surely be interesting to also have a different heritage.

• Brohoof 2

Fully italian I believe, My father moved to Bergamo from south Italy and my mother and her family has always lived in the north, I'm a bit "sad" about it. It would surely be interesting to also have a different heritage.

piacere di conoscerti XD nice to meet you, are you italian or live somewhere else? Btw my ancestors basically died in all possible wars... so sad.. my has always been a "military" family XD, i live in the north of Italy, in Veneto, all my ancestors too.. so kinda sad...

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure, I'm Icelandic so it's very mixed. I have a bit of every Scandinavian country, probably some German and Russian as well. Then one of the most puzzling things is that I don't look like most Icelanders, it is believed that I have a French heritage as well. I have no idea where I come from, I'm a viking that's my ancestry. Both parents are Icelandic, I need to figure out my ancestry.

I would like to know where I come from, but it's so mixed and the above are just guesses I know one thing though.. I'm definitely a mix of Swedish, Norwegian or Finnish.. Then mixed with probably French. If people would ask I would just say I'm a viking, since a viking comes with another viking.. Then some mixing, then some slaves as well and before you know it you have me.

• Brohoof 3

British English. A little Welsh too. 

I prefer to distance myself from being English though. The problems in my country and the way everything operates really makes me want to claim i'm Welsh, despite the majority of my ancestry being English.

*sigh* can I say I'm Belgian, though? was there for a while...

• Brohoof 1

Mostly polish, but my dad's mom (my grandmother :P ) is from Russia. I can't really say much more here, now my family is spread all around the world (Canada, USA, Australia, Italy, Greece...) but I think it's "problem" of every polish family :P

• Brohoof 2

As far as we know: German, Irish, Scottish, Cherokee, Blackfoot, and a small amount of English/British of some form. My grandfather on my mom's side was completely Cherokee and Irish so that's what really shows in me(I have long, incredibly straight and thick hair like Native Americans tend to, along with some of that facial structure, but I have a really curly beard and sideburns with some red and blond mixed in it, and the hair on my arms and legs has a red tint to it)  

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm part German/viking on my dad's side, and Italian/Cherokee on my mom's side. lol

According to my dad, his family is kin to Daniel Boone...making me and my brother kin as well. 

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

So just to clarify - the half of me that didn't lose World War One was from Ireland.

Hahah!  This was a genius choice of phrasing!

*sigh* can I say I'm Belgian, though? was there for a while...

Sure, we won't tell anyone.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

-Italian
-Lithuanian

-Jewish

-Chickasaw (Native American)

The result? White!

I really embrace the Italian heritage the most, and I actually learned some Italian (which has been very helpful in understanding other Romance languages too).

• Brohoof 1

@Shoboni, @Frith is Magik, @ElectronDaydream

Hmm...Metis, Blackfoot, and Newfie.  I've never heard of those--what are they?

I'm also seeing a lot of Italians, Scotts, and Norwegians!  Go Scotts-Scandinavians!  Also, Romance languages are just cool, so...molto benne, ragazze e ragazzi.

And descendants of Daniel Boone, Jean-Olivier Chénier, and some World War vets!  Neat!

If people would ask I would just say I'm a viking, since a viking comes with another viking.. Then some mixing, then some slaves as well and before you know it you have me.

Viking, eh?  That's an cool way to denominate oneself.

Edited by MrPandaa
  • Brohoof 1

I'm Irish, Polish, and Mexican. I might be a little bit of a couple other things, but those are the main ones.

Hmm...that's an interesting combination.  Your ancestors must've had to truck all over to make you!

Hmm...that's an interesting combination.  Your ancestors must've had to truck all over to make you!

Well I'm Irish and Polish from my Dad's side of the family, and Mexican from my Mom's side of the family.

I don't look Mexican at all though actually, I just look white lol.

• Brohoof 1

Well I'm Irish and Polish from my Dad's side of the family, and Mexican from my Mom's side of the family.

I don't look Mexican at all though actually, I just look white lol.

Ohh...that's a bit simpler.  Funny how it sometimes happens that you don't look how you should.

I personally don't know alot about my ancestry but what I have found out is that I am from Spanish ancestry, from Spain happy.png I am also part Sephardic Jew. smile.png

¿Puedes hablar español, Pink Mist?