Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

to my knowledge, allot of German, its evident in my middle name " Beck " . ive heard my aunt mention native american, but i doubt that. i look like the poster male for the arian nation :P ... my grandparents are obsessed with german history, cars,tec,etc. thus is why i drive a benz... im sure there has to be more, but i only know of german :/

• Brohoof 1

to my knowledge, allot of German, its evident in my middle name " Beck " . ive heard my aunt mention native american, but i doubt that. i look like the poster male for the arian nation :P ... my grandparents are obsessed with german history, cars,tec,etc. thus is why i drive a benz... im sure there has to be more, but i only know of german :/

Cool!  Y'know, I haven't actually seen too much German here as of yet, but it's definitely still here. :)

Also, I love the quote in your sig. :D

I believe I have a pretty good amount of Cajun in my daddy's side of the family, he seems a bit cajun and my grandpa seemed even more cajun. I remember him saying things about living in Lafayette, Louisiana for a while. Today we live in central Louisiana, because my mama was from Tensas parish.

• Brohoof 2

I believe I have a pretty good amount of Cajun in my daddy's side of the family, he seems a bit cajun and my grandpa seemed even more cajun. I remember him saying things about living in Lafayette, Louisiana for a while. Today we live in central Louisiana, because my mama was from Tensas parish.

Kewl.  I don't think I've seen Cajun before! :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm half Italian and half...  I don't even know...  A little bit of everything.  Polish, German, Hungarian (I think) and some other stuff.

Nice combination there!  Le parla L'Italiano?

Kewl.  I don't think I've seen Cajun before! :)

Thanks, I i don't see a lot of cajuns anywhere, if any, even in central Louisiana. Most of them's in south Louisiana, and even then very little use technology like computers a lot, so think of how many could use forums...

I actually don't speak any Italian. xD  I know a few words but I'd love to learn.

http://www.duolingo.com/

Enjoy! :)

Thanks, I i don't see a lot of cajuns anywhere, if any, even in central Louisiana. Most of them's in south Louisiana, and even then very little use technology like computers a lot, so think of how many could use forums...

Oh, I can see that getting in the way...

• Brohoof 1

Greek! That's pretty neat--I think you're our first from those parts. How d'you feel about their shaky economy in its present state?

Our economy is the result of bad handling of our governments and not as much problem of the greeks themselves. More or less we are the country who is politically the weakest to handle the forced memorandum. There are other countries who are equally in as bad shape as we are but do not receive the same kind of pressure as we do. Those who think they are safe from the horizontal measures of the European commitee are darn fools. Spain was after Greece the next victim of the European commitee and i have no doubt that unless further measures are taken in the changing of the system both political and economical we will experience another economical crisis.

As for my country i am worried more about the side-effects of the economical crisis. Like the rising of the new political party named "Golden Dawn". They claim to be nationalists saying "Memorandum or Golden Dawn!", they are extremely rude and violent beating up immigrants who they blame for almost anything. In truth they are a Neo-Nazi party, that has corrupted many sectors of greek society like the police, they work with underground organisations and loys more. Their leader has been seen nazisticaly saluting the crowd as have their supporters, their sign the "meandros" an ancient greek symbol has been used to hide their true nature the swastiga, in public interviews they have commanded the reporters to stand up to "honor" their leaders, but wait there's more important stuff!!! One of their representatives/leaders Hlias Kasidiaris has, on screen in the most famous greek channel's morning talk show, PUNCHED another part's representative and threw a glass of water on another when the latter said that "They are gonna drag us 500 years back.". He then proceeded to evade arrest for two days in order not to avoid instant punishment punishment, and then sued the rival party members for seemingly provoking him. But wait thete's more! Recently you might have heard of the murder of anti-facist left-side(political term that resembles republicans in America) rapper Pavlos Fyssas. The murderer caught for this act is a supporter of said political party and evidence suggests that the party was directly involved.

So yea... Thats what i have to say about my country's economical state and what it has awakened... A motherfriggin Kux Klux Klan supported by a good 5% or more of the population that is desperate for a change after tasting political, economical and national submission to the Miss Merkel. I mostly blame the system for the way things have gone and the way politicians handling and corruption, and less the German and/or European memorandum and their representatives. They are the consequence.

• Brohoof 1

@ Wow, thanks for the descriptive reply!  I've learned more about Greece's political, social, and economic standpoint over the past few minutes than I think I ever will again. :) However, I'm sorry to hear that such is the state of Greece.  It sounds like the European Committee has flushed the toilet and now all we can do is watch it sink. :( Well, that seems to be the fate of many nations now...

Again, thanks for the detailed response. :)

Wow, thanks for the descriptive reply! I've learned more about Greece's political, social, and economic standpoint over the past few minutes than I think I ever will again. :) However, I'm sorry to hear that such is the state of Greece. It sounds like the European Committee has flushed the toilet and now all we can do is watch it sink. :( Well, that seems to be the fate of many nations now...

Again, thanks for the detailed response. :)

No problem. I could always go on by saying that Holywood has litteraly ripped off Greek mythology and history purely for the sake of money. They have idolized Spartans for following their traditions and more. Let me just say that where the 300 stood another 1100 Greeks stood. 400 were "eilotes" aka cowards Thebans if i recall and 700 were Thespians(not actors). The Thespians were the only that stayed because they wanted to. Spartans stayed because they would be disgraced if they retreated. Now i could get into more detail but only if you want.

I am happy however that mlp used some greek myths. Like the manticire, the hydra, and some would say that the cockatrice reminds of the medusa. Oh and let's not forget Cerberus and Tartarus. I am a huge mythology geek and like to make connections with myths. Ask me stuff if you want.

• Brohoof 1

@  Yeah, I've noticed the Greco-Roman influences on FiM's creatures.

I'm part Italian, part Irish, and part Sicilian

Ooh, part Sicilian?  That's a new one!

My family tree goes back to Italy and Sicily, England, Ireland, Wales, and Australia.

O_O Whoa, I just had the two first and only Sicilians post in succession!

Hmm, you seem to have a good deal of British influences.  Does this give you an awesome accent? :)

PS Cool avatar. :D

All I know is that I'm 1/4 Native American, though I definitely don't look it.

Oh, cool!  If you're still in school, you might be able to get special scholarships for that. :) Do you know what tribe you come from?

• 3 months later...

I apologize if this seems a little brash, but I'm bumping this. :P I really enjoyed seeing the diversity that exists in the fandom, and I'm sure there's been tons of new bronies coming in (and veterans becoming more active) since the last post on this, and I just wanna know, yo! :D So, here goes nothing!  (And if it just flops over and dies again, I'll let it rest in peace.)

Oh, and one more thing: I'll try to give a semi-detailed response to every user who replies, but they'll probably be a tad shorter and a bit later this time around, since I have a lot less time on my hands with Calculus and stuff. :lol:

So what are you waiting for?  Indulge my curiosity by posting your ancestry!! ::yay:

• Brohoof 1

My mom's side is all from England and Wales. My dad's side is from England and Hungary. The Hungarian side makes it difficult for finding distant relatives, seeing as they don't really speak English and we don't speak Hungarian or Romanian (the town my great-grandparents came from was given to Romania after WWII). People see or hear my last name and get really confused. They all think it is Polish or Czech because it starts with Cz but sounds like an S

• Brohoof 1

My mom's side where Spanish Conquistadors and my dad's were Aztecs(or some little nameless tribe up in Baja California).

My dad's side also fought under Pancho Villa, great Mexican revolutionary hero.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hmm, let's see.

I'm English, French, Native American, Italian, Greek, a little German, and some others. 

I can't remember if there's any others. :huh:

Oh, and definietly some Brony/Pegasister. ;)

Alas, being of Brony/Pegasister descent is extremely rare in my family. -_-

Edited by LittlestPetDJPinkie
  • Brohoof 1

I am mainly Irish and have mainly Irish ancestry along with some Polish ancestry as well.

• Brohoof 1

I'm Irish, English, German, Scottish, Cherokee, and African. My dad is half black and half white.

Serious question now. Do you think it is possible to have an accent genetically??

The reason I ask is because while at church camp, we had a speaker come in from Africa. While she was listening to me talk, she said you have a South African accent. I've never been outside the US. If you do choose to reply, can you be polite and courteous please????

• Brohoof 1