Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

• 5 months later...

I am half Iranian and half Irish.

My Iranian grandfather was a surgeon in the Sha's army when the Sha was in power, when the army and the Sha's regime fell, he escaped to Germany with his family. My uncle still lives their today.

My great great great grandfather served in the 159th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment during the American Civil War. He enlisted at only 17 and originally enlisted as a drummer boy. The 159thNY was primarily Irish, one of the lesser-known Irish regiments during the Civil War. Towards the end of the war and the looming disbandment of the regiment, my ancestor was given a musket, mostly because numbers in his company were dropping fast and they needed more men with firearms. He survived the war and worked for a newspaper in New York for the rest of his life.

Edited by Pineapple
  • Brohoof 3

German, Irish, Cherokee and Choctaw, and possibly lumbee?? we dont know what granny brinkley was--it could be a double dose of cherokee... also theres some french king somebody waaay back on my dads (Petty) side..found that out at the reunion haha

if anyone wants to take a shot at identifying what papaw mightve been?  his sisters always said cherokee, but everyone in this state says theyre cherokee lmao.
post-8581-0-83177600-1411704844_thumb.jpg
younger, about 17 or 18 in the army: hes on the right. George Potter from wisconsin is on the left :)
post-8581-0-25759700-1411704962_thumb.jpg

The Morgans however, we have a book on.  Best i recall, the carolinas were claimed by like the king of germany or somethign (sorry germans i suck at history xD) it was split amongst 7 proprietors.  one of my ancestors was a friend of a proprietors and happened to get the land around Gold Hill NC.  he owned one of the first mine shafts that opened up in the area. :)  the morgans are my moms, moms, mom's maiden name. xD  i have a picture of him too but he looks friggin SCARY.  he lost his leg in the civil war when union soldiers raided the farm and stole the gold bars hidden in a vanity.  we still have the vanity :3 
Calvin Morgan: my great great grandpa.
post-8581-0-68385100-1411708518_thumb.jpg
i think this is a photocopy from a tin type but im not sure...

and i just wanna say thank yall for letting me blather on about this...my grandparents arent here anymore to tell me this stuff, and im afraid ill forget it all if i dont talk about it once in a while...

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 3

Full-blooded Mexican born in Mexico here. \o/. Both parents are from Mexico, and so are my grandparents, my great-grandparents, and my great-great-great grandparents and... <keeps going>

• Brohoof 2

My ancestry? idklol.

My parents came over from Mexico, so there's that.

I also look Asian (apparently) but I don't think I have any Asian heritage but who knows so idk

So like...

Yeah.

Well, most people from Mexico are a mixof European and Amerindian decent. Amerindian's are originally from Asia as they crossed the land bridge during the Ice Age, so, today many native Americans, and people of Native American decent look like, and are in fact somewhat Asian

Italian, Spanish, Amerindian (Some Nicaraguan tribe), French, Jewish, English, Polish, Armenian.

• Brohoof 1

Welp, my parents are Mexican, my grandparents are Mexican, but my grandpa always insists that we have Spanish blood, and we always laugh about it :P, but hey, who knows? It's not an unlikely possibility down the ancestry line. Dad says we might also have Arab blood because of them having something to do with the Spanish (so very unlikely :P), buuuut I dunno. I'm just going to say I'm Mexican since everything else is negligible or too small to account for. Kind of wish I was a little more mixed though :1.

• Brohoof 1

my dads side came from Germany to Pennsylvania to Virginia and now Arizona

my moms side came from Spain to Mexico to California and now Arizona 

the farthest back information I was able to get was all the way to the early 1900 I know for a fact my dads side became Americans in 1902

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

SCOTTISH AYE 

well, I have roots there. Without exception, at least one person in every generation of my family (dads side) is ginger, if not two :P

Actually, an odd thing. The ginger people, are without exception shorter than their siblings. My uncle Andrew is at least 5 inches shorter than my dad and my little brother is never going to grow to be my size, as already shown by his figure. Us ones with the darker hair are always at least 6ft.

Its hard to go back more than 4 generations, my family used to be very, very poor. But thanks to the efforts of my grandad mostly, and his daughter (my mother) we are now fine. Still it would be nice to see exactly which relatives we had. and exactly where they came from.

So yeah, 1/4 scottish and then the rest is kinda mixed (my grandparents on my mothers side have brown eyes, she has blue, and I have green/grey) its all very mixed actually. But my dads side is where the ginger comes from.

Somewhere up north I'm pretty sure

My ancestors are alicorns......Ok joking aside my ancestors were German, French, and British. Im even 1/16th Cherokee Indian. Looking back through records I found that my last name means 'Butcher' in German and Im related to a guy named Lord Henry Jernigen (If memory serves) and that makes me very distantly related to the English royal family.

Welp, On my dad's side I'm German and Italian.

On my moms side I'm Polish and Irish.

Don't know really anything about my dad's family cause most of them are major idiots or total redneck trash.

And my mom is adopted so I've never met any blood relatives on her side. My mom tried to contact her birth mother once a few years back but she refused to meet since she had my mom out of wedlock and didn't wanna get shunned by her family or something.