Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horrible teachers?

Champion RD92

Has anyone ever had a horrible teacher before? Like one who was either really bad at teaching, or was just a complete jerk?

In high school, I had a physics teacher who literally didn't teach us at least half the stuff that was on the homework or tests, and then he yelled at the class for failing all the time. It was ridiculous. And all he did was screw around and talk to his student assistants and stuff, like he didn't even teach us stuff or help us when we needed help with something.

Also, I had a computer teacher who was just a complete jerk to all the students. He would very rudely insult your work if it didn't meet his standards and he would be like "This is the best you can do?! This is terrible."

So how about you guys, any experiences with bad teachers?

Several actually but I will only refer to the ones I currently have.

My current math teacher is completely terrible at teaching, I was getting A grades all the time, now since I got this teacher everything he says is just plain confusing, using complex methods that are just plain useless when you can get to the solution a lot easier... my grade actually dropped to C and no, it is not me who is bad, I've had 5 different math teachers so far and never ever has anything like this happened before. Not to mention that nobody in class understands anything he does...

Second one would be my biology teacher. I am quite the silent type in school, I only really answer when I'm asked something. The problem here is he asks me about trivia I couldn't possibly know about and if I don't get the answer right he's lecturing me. He pretty much does it to every male student in class but especially on me because I refuse to participate in class, so... well he is lecturing the boys whenever they get a difficult question wrong while asking girls easier questions (and they screw them up as well, although they are actually possible to answer) and doesn't say a thing about it, instead asks one of the guys and if the answer is right, he's like: Oh, so you are not as stupid as you look. I mean seriously? I really lost faith in education nowadays, I prefer learning stuff at home via internet than school recently...

• Brohoof 1

Well... I currently do not have any bad teachers, but I definitely used to. I think it was one of the things that contributed to my habit of teaching myself. Good teachers allowed this to continue, especially as I already knew more than the class.

Yeah, I was the know-it-all.

Yeah my 10th grade english teacher was absoulty horrible, i only failed 2 classes in hs that was one of em. She would purposly fail me on tests for having bad handwriting and refuse yo take my homework for same exact reason

Yeah. I had a teacher once that just hated me. I'm not entirely sure why, since I didn't talk at the time. She would always give me evil glances and yell at me for poor cursive writing, which no one bothered to teach us.

I have had teachers hating boys with a burning passion, an almost racist one and someone supporting bullying.

And if you count in all KRL teachers in norway, that subject got banned for many reasons.

Back in college, My AutoCad teacher was a very strange man. Came into work in a hawaiian shirt, jeans, and work boots. he would teach the class for like 5 minutes, the walk out of the CAD room. You would end up finding him in the cafeteria stuffing his face. When teaching, he would vaguely explain how to do things and using the program became a challenge. He always passed us though, even though I barely did any of the assignments and walked out of class for the most part.

• Brohoof 2

My old math teacher in middle school hated me so much, even though I do his work. Basically, we could never understand him and he always gave us tests that we were not familiar with when it came to the material on the tests. So, awful.

I remember most of my elementary school math teachers with a bad taste in my mouth. I grew up believing I was terrible at math, experiencing anxiety whenever I had to do math, and sabotaging my own success because my early years were spent with people who were just baffled that re-reading the instructions or making me write it down weren't solving my confusion. According to my mother I was even called "mathematically illiterate," which I now know I'm not, especially since I love math as an adult.

If you can't teach your subject beyond rote, you shouldn't be getting a paycheck...

Edited by Cygnus

Yes.

My history teacher in year 10 expected everyone to be at an AP level, even though we were in a normal history class. When we weren't up to his expectations, he would tell us that we'd never amount to anything in life, and that we shouldn't even be able to procreate. There were several times where he called me a dumbass in front of the entire class.

I wanted him dead. Or at least fired.

Edited by Rinku

I don't have any bad teachers at the moment. But I did have this computer programming teacher who was a complete jerk. 

I tried to help this guy with a program, by having him look at mine to see what to do and my teacher threatened that he was going to fail both of us. What kind of bullcrap is that? He also got angry at himself one time for forgetting to set some settings and just storms out the room saying a curse word. He was out the room for like 20 minutes. He even gave me a hard program intentionally on the final just so he could give a C, which is considered a failing grade in college. 

Yes.

My history teacher in year 10 expected everyone to be at an AP level, even though we were in a normal history class. When we weren't up to his expectations, he would tell us that we'd never amount to anything in life, and that we shouldn't even be able to procreate. There were several times where he called me a dumbass in front of the entire class.

I wanted him dead. Or at least fired.

And that my friend, is one cowardly teacher. 

My chemistry teacher. She gets ticked off of everything! I asked her a question one day about something I didn't understand and sh got mad and kind of yelled at me. I'm a slow learner and when I said I still didn't get the topic, she just pushed my hand away and she showed me on the paper and slammed my pencil on my desk. I rarely talk or ask anything on class :(

Oh man. Last year's Math teacher was horrid. I mean really badangry.png  I mean he ignored me all the time when I had a question and said to me that I had to think harder. He also expected more from me then the others. Hey look just because I look Asian doesn't mean I'm a math wiz. Racist, For the record I'm American and all American.  He was just terrible  I'm glad those days are over. Whew

My chemistry teacher. She gets ticked off of everything! I asked her a question one day about something I didn't understand and sh got mad and kind of yelled at me. I'm a slow learner and when I said I still didn't get the topic, she just pushed my hand away and she showed me on the paper and slammed my pencil on my desk. I rarely talk or ask anything on class sad.png

I feel you...same here with my Composition teacher

Edited by RainDash Dragon

Actually teachers have always been very nice to me, I'm kind of a teachers pet. There have only been teachers that had weird teaching methods. Though back in 1st to 4th grade I had the worst teacher ever, she didn't teach us anything. Other then that, I've been rather lucky when it comes to teachers.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I have been pretty lucky when it comes to teachers, I only have one that I didn't like and I only had her for a short time and barely even remember her anyway. What I couldn't stand in high school especially was the time that was wasted trying to "pass" all the standardized test they were trying to shove down our throats. They would literally "teach" us "tricks" to game the system so we could score well on the tests, exactly how is "learning" that crap supposed to help anyone?

The majority of my teachers were really good and or nice to me.

The only two teachers that I straight up hated was my Kindergarten and my 7th grade Language Arts teacher. 

My Kindergarten teacher was a straight up jerk and probably racists against me and my other teacher was grouchy to everyone.

Oh did I ever. 

My high school Biology teacher was a very nice guy, but he was absolutely atrocious at his job. His modus operandi consisted of telling us to read a chapter from the textbook then having us answer the pre-written questions at the end of it. Meanwhile, the guy just chilled out at his desk as one by one the students brought their work to him so he could sign it.

I don't know how many students caught on to this, but the guy did not so much as look at the work. He'd just glance over it and sign. I know this for a fact, because by the tail end of the semester I'd given up answering the questions and started giving him song lyrics instead.  happy.png

Got an A in the class, but I did not learn shit.

One or two. I had a physics teacher that was terrible at teaching, and we basically did simple experiments all the time. He never checked the homework, and I wouldn't have passes the class if I didn't get a tutor. 

You know truth be told, I spent most of my middle school in a relatively baaad part of the south where the KKK still have a very heavy influence and I am not joking when I say that if you were anything other than Christian or white, the teachers would actually harass you. This sounds insane but I saw it for my own damned eyes the way that kids got treated. It was preeeetty bad.

Now there's another case where for god knows why I was stuck in special education for 7 years because a really bad psychologist somewhere determined that I had some form of aspergers when in reality you can check any of the DSM versions and I just simply don't. This was absolutely humiliating and in all honesty I could tell that most kids who were in special education weren't really disabled and didn't really need help at all; they just didn't want to do the work. But as far as a bad teacher goes, jeez I used to live with one who worked in the special education system and every day she would come home and would just complain nonstop about how much she hates work and how much she hated the kids. Such a great individual.

I also of course had the typical teachers that just sucked throughout my life like everyone else, but those are probably the two more unique things I can say.

Oh yeah, I have one right now. She tells the class to "piss off" if they correct her and gives ridiculous amounts of make-up work if you miss even 5 minutes of her class. She is also biased as hell. For example, I tell on some students because they are insulting me. Her response "If you can't take it, don't dish it out". Obviously I am attacking because i'm evil. Flawless logicdry.png

My least favorite teacher would have to be my 7th grade Algebra 1 teacher.  He just had a really serious no fun demeanor, and had little patience for people who didn't get things the first time around.  I ended up with a C- in his class; making me have to take it again the next year, but my 8th grade Algebra teacher would be one of my favorite teachers.  

and every day she would come home and would just complain nonstop about how much she hates work and how much she hated the kids. Such a great individual.

That just makes me sick, it just shows the educational system is not about educating kids but about conditioning them, conditioning to be smart enough to do menial tasks but dumb enough to accept things the way they are without questioning anything. I actually have Autism and it was a real struggle for me just to learn to talk and even throughout high school basic social interaction was extremely difficult for me. There really are kids who need help and not just ones who are mentally challenged, I was able to pass even honors and AP classes in middle school and high school with barely any effort yet needed alot of help to master all the social rules and norms that most part are able to figure out for most part on their own.

Only one sticks out: my 4th grade general teacher. This person just didn't do their job well. If I told her I was getting picked on, she did nothing. If I told her I wasn't getting it, she did nothing. If the class didn't follow along, she did nothing. Basically, she just *expected* that we would learn flawlessly, first time, with absolutely no problem whatsoever. That's kinda difficult when you're in 4th grade. To this day, that was my worst year. dry.png

Luckily, there was a different teacher for Science, who did her job much better. smile.png

My current pre-algebra teacher is kinda bad at giving us help. When we ask her to explain something to us, she tells us to look at the board or in our notes. Sometimes thats no help and we actually might need her to work the problem out and show us how to do it again...

There was also a teacher I had in 6th grade year who literally did nothing but play on her computer. We would walk in, she wouldn't say a thing. After about a few minutes of silence she would bluntly tell us our assignment, with barely any instructions. It didn't matter how bad or good we did our work, she would still give us a A, or a B at the least. Everybody had a good grade in her class no matter if they turned in their homework or not.

At least she passed us, so I wasn't complaining.