Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horrible teachers?

Champion RD92

My current Algebra Teacher. For one he only teaches about twice a month or less, other times he hands you a work sheet and expects you to figure it out yourself. Second, he's a smug prick who thinks he's superior to everyone else. He's smart, for sure, but sometimes his logic is just not there. Everyone picks up on that and tries to outsmart him (Sometimes successfully), this derails the class and usually ends with him screaming at the class. (To be fair we kind of deserve it) 3.He leaves the class at random, which ends up with everyone talking to each, then it's hard to get back on track, and we get yelled at. 4. You can't ask for help when you don't understand the "lesson", he just treats you like a brain-dead moron and rushes through the instructions on the handed out worksheet. 5. Nearly every class period is him sending us to the blackboard to write out the previous days worksheet, then giving out another worksheet,\.

Every darn year, I have a bad teacher. This cycle sucks.

This year, my math teacher sucks at teaching.

Logic is about to start preaching over here...

He keeps messing up the problems, getting wrong answers... Everything a teacher isn't supposed to do! He has got to be one of the worse teachers ever! I can spend days complaining about him!

Can? More like 'I spend days complaining about this dude!'

I'll end this post before I go into full on rant mode.

Praise the lord!

My p.e. teacher in high school was a grumpy old man.  He failed me because he said I cheated because there was no way I could have ran the mile at a good time without cheating  >_>

I don't think I can compare any of my teachers with that.

This one teacher wasn't mine, but she was still awful. She was getting on to some girl for some trivial reason, and the girl responds with "Why are you getting on to me? I have a 100 in this class." To which the teacher changes one of her minor quizes to a 64, dropping her grade to a 95. The only reason she got away with it is because the girl was just happy to have an A in the class. 

I had this one coach as a teacher for my history class. That class was an absolute joke. I would walk in, pull out my workbook, read the short summary of the textbook chapter, answer 2-3 multiple choice answers that are literally next to the summary, turn it in, and sleep the rest of the class. I'm not even exaggerating, that was the assignment. We would have occasional multiple choice tests, which were also pretty easy since he didn't even bother to switch up the test questions. I can't remember if he regularly gave lectures, probably because I was cause I spent a majority of my time in that class napping. Even if he did, it's not like I needed his lecture when the worksheet includes a short summary.

What I learned: football coaches make bad teachers.

Edited by crazitaco

Tried going to college for IT at one point... Our teacher wasn't even the teacher, she was the teachers AID.....

We had to teach her about basic networking and such, it was pathetic in every way.

I missed a lab at one point too, and the only times she's allow me to make it up was DURING another class I needed far more than hers (I.E. A class I could use for other majors, not just this singular waste of my time)

Either way, its horrid when the person teaching the class is being taught by the class..

Also had one that only ever posted things on the colleges internal network (of which only dorm students and college computers had access too, it was first class of the morn, and often he'd remove the assignment first thing assuming everyone got it by then....), and didn't even teach the class. Always said "refer to the book, it has the answer" and then just sat there playing on facebook and youtube the entire time.

Sadly I have had quite a few horrible teachers.

I particularly remember 3 teachers I had, I was probably 8-9 years old and I just moved there from another elementary school, and they all hated me for god knows what reason. The kids in my class just took it as a lead,I was soon isolated and the teachers took any possible occasion to make me sit outside the classroom to think about the "wrong things I did".

Luckily my mother put me in another school the following year but sadly I met most of those old classmates in secondary school...

Oh well.

Edited by Aisling Ink

Two come to mind

One was my business management teacher who had NO idea what he was talking about and eventually gave up teaching. All we did after that was watch eps of the gruen transfer. Not only do I hate that show it really screwed me over for exams ><

The other was a digital art teacher. Basic conversation usually went like this

Him: do your work

Me: "Ok what do I need to do?"

Him: "your work"

Me: "what is the work I need to do?"

HIm: " you know what you need to do"

Me: "I seriously don't what do I need to do"

Him: "Your work"
FOR F*CK SAKE ><

• Brohoof 2

Two come to mind

One was my business management teacher who had NO idea what he was talking about and eventually gave up teaching. All we did after that was watch eps of the gruen transfer. Not only do I hate that show it really screwed me over for exams ><

The other was a digital art teacher. Basic conversation usually went like this

Him: do your work

Me: "Ok what do I need to do?"

Him: "your work"

Me: "what is the work I need to do?"

HIm: " you know what you need to do"

Me: "I seriously don't what do I need to do"

Him: "Your work"

FOR F*CK SAKE ><

"What's my work?"

"Why are you asking?"

"Because I don't know."

"Why don't you know?"

"Because you explained it poorly."

"Why did I explain it poorly?"

"Because you're a lousy teacher."

"Why am I a lousy teacher?"

"Because you never learned to do the job right?"

"Why didn't I learn to do the job right?"

"Because you're lazy."

"Why am I lazy?"

"Because your parents never taught you better."

"Why did they never teach me better?"

Continue until inevitable suicide and/or murder. :P

• Brohoof 1

Last year, my old Graphic Design teacher had absolutely no patience. He expected us to complete our work in 5 minutes with no exceptions. He also wasn't very helpful either, I'd ask for help with something and he'd simply say "Do your work." He was a weird person..

I don't know. A lot of the teachers at my school are my neighbors so I can't hate them when we talk after school. Yeah sure, I get ticked off or pissed many of the times but I easily forgive them. laugh.png

I'm mainly a trouble maker so I can't blame them tongue.png

My Chinese teacher - most of the lesson is spent sending people out the room, for doing very minor things.

I don't learn any Chinese. They only words I know in Chinese are words I've learnt via other sources.

Luckily I'm not a target, I'm considered the good boy of the class, probably cause I'm very silent, and don't make a peep, and cause I finish work quite quickly.

My regular teacher, is the best teacher you could ever ask for! He is a great teacher in every aspect, and I've learnt so much from him. biggrin.png

Several actually but I will only refer to the ones I currently have.   My current math teacher is completely terrible at teaching, I was getting A grades all the time, now since I got this teacher everything he says is just plain confusing, using complex methods that are just plain useless when you can get to the solution a lot easier... my grade actually dropped to C and no, it is not me who is bad, I've had 5 different math teachers so far and never ever has anything like this happened before. Not to mention that nobody in class understands anything he does...   Second one would be my biology teacher. I am quite the silent type in school, I only really answer when I'm asked something. The problem here is he asks me about trivia I couldn't possibly know about and if I don't get the answer right he's lecturing me. He pretty much does it to every male student in class but especially on me because I refuse to participate in class, so... well he is lecturing the boys whenever they get a difficult question wrong while asking girls easier questions (and they screw them up as well, although they are actually possible to answer) and doesn't say a thing about it, instead asks one of the guys and if the answer is right, he's like: Oh, so you are not as stupid as you look. I mean seriously? I really lost faith in education nowadays, I prefer learning stuff at home via internet than school recently...
 HOOOOOOOLD UP. I have a few points to contest in your argument. Firstly, while I may not know the whole story your bio teacher may just be asking questions to try to get everybody involved, or intentionally asking tricky problems so that the people who mess up easier problems don't feel embarrassed. This could be wrong I suppose, he could just be a genuinely mean person, but as I haven't met him personally I can't make an assumption either way. On the subject of math: of course there are usually multiple ways to arrive at a solution. Sometimes the one assigned isn't the easiest. Take the equation f(x)=x^2. Say you need to find its derivative. Sure, you could very easily just write f'(x)=2x because it's a simple function that most people have memorized. but say you eventually run into a more complex problem requiring the use of the power rule. You won't be able to solve it, because you wrote 2x down purely from memory instead of writing down the whole 2x^(2-1) = 2x^1 = 2x thing. Of course, if you have an amazing memory you don't need much practice, but it still helps to get some practice. Granted, there is also the problem that some teachers will teach methods that aren't necessarily "wrong" but that aren't as efficient when teaching certain concepts. Think Chinese multiplication. Sure, the method works, but it's slow and provides no understanding of number theory, which can harm people later. To sum up, your teachers don't seem as bad as you make them out to be, unless you provide more information to prove otherwise. Thus ends my rant, sorry i get so touchy about math and science.

To all the people complaining about physics teachers: I hear the same thing from the physics students at my school. I'm curious as to how it will play out next year in terms of what courses they are taking and whatnot.

HOOOOOOOLD UP. I have a few points to contest in your argument. Firstly, while I may not know the whole story your bio teacher may just be asking questions to try to get everybody involved, or intentionally asking tricky problems so that the people who mess up easier problems don't feel embarrassed. This could be wrong I suppose, he could just be a genuinely mean person, but as I haven't met him personally I can't make an assumption either way. On the subject of math: of course there are usually multiple ways to arrive at a solution. Sometimes the one assigned isn't the easiest. Take the equation f(x)=x^2. Say you need to find its derivative. Sure, you could very easily just write f'(x)=2x because it's a simple function that most people have memorized. but say you eventually run into a more complex problem requiring the use of the power rule. You won't be able to solve it, because you wrote 2x down purely from memory instead of writing down the whole 2x^(2-1) = 2x^1 = 2x thing. Of course, if you have an amazing memory you don't need much practice, but it still helps to get some practice. Granted, there is also the problem that some teachers will teach methods that aren't necessarily "wrong" but that aren't as efficient when teaching certain concepts. Think Chinese multiplication. Sure, the method works, but it's slow and provides no understanding of number theory, which can harm people later. To sum up, your teachers don't seem as bad as you make them out to be, unless you provide more information to prove otherwise. Thus ends my rant, sorry i get so touchy about math and science.

To all the people complaining about physics teachers: I hear the same thing from the physics students at my school. I'm curious as to how it will play out next year in terms of what courses they are taking and whatnot.

As for the biology teacher there might be around 3 students (out of 20) who are actually participating in class the rest is simply sitting there not knowing anything. Also didn't I mention he asks about trivial questions that are impossible for me to answer?  Like things that we haven't discussed in class. And didn't you read the part about how he talks to his male students? I am very silent in school but I pay very good attention on what is talked about. I am certain that my biology teacher is a sexist, maybe even perverted, I can't tell.

Well for math the problem is, I don't use solutions that include memorizing but rather logical thinking to get to a result easier than the teacher requires. The problem is: All my answers are correct yet I only get around 20% of the points. I have been the best math student in class for 10 years and I had many different teachers, all of them agreed that I was special yet that teacher is simply ignorant and not able to teach properly. (He does stuff differently than the book, that's the main problem although the book is a lot easier to understand plus his explanations have contradictions several times).

Also: If you get so touchy on math and science, I wouldn't mind you teaching me about it if you feel offended, I am certain you will understand that I am capable of judging my current teachers.

Edited by Lunatic Cake

Oh, I've had a few bad teachers in the past but a few come readily to mind.

First was my high school math teacher. She was infamous amongst the entire student body as being on one of the worst, if not the worst teacher in the entire school, and it wasn't hard to see why. 1) She offered little to no help if you were struggling. You either solved the problems her way or you failed, no exceptions. 2) On multiple occasions, she would waste 10-20 minutes trying to solve a problem on the board. When one of the students finally took pity on her and pointed out the answer, she would make up some bull excuse on how "she was only testing us to see if we could figure out the answer". 3) All of my siblings had her and all of us either failed or just barely scraped by with a passing grade. Even my sister, who tended to average around 90%, just narrowly came out with a 60%.

Recently was my College construction teacher. One thing not in his favor was that his accent was so thick that anyone not right in front of him would have a hard time understanding a word of what he was saying, which he made no attempt to make even the slightest bit comprehensible. At one point he even said that my accent was hard to understand! What accent?! Canadian?

Even when you could understand him it didn't make it any easier. He hardly understood the material at times and one thing that really pissed me off was that at the start of the semester he had us buy a thick booklet for the course which was completely non-refundable due to its format...and then never used it. I think a few people still had theirs in its shrink-wrap by the end of it. I actually ended up dropping out of his course at one time and then spent the rest of the semester hearing people complain about his class to no end.      

As for the biology teacher there might be around 3 students (out of 20) who are actually participating in class the rest is simply sitting there not knowing anything. Also didn't I mention he asks about trivial questions that are impossible for me to answer? Like things that we haven't discussed in class. And didn't you read the part about how he talks to his male students? I am very silent in school but I pay very good attention on what is talked about. I am certain that my biology teacher is a sexist, maybe even perverted, I can't tell.

Well for math the problem is, I don't use solutions that include memorizing but rather logical thinking to get to a result easier than the teacher requires. The problem is: All my answers are correct yet I only get around 20% of the points. I have been the best math student in class for 10 years and I had many different teachers, all of them agreed that I was special yet that teacher is simply ignorant and not able to teach properly. (He does stuff differently than the book, that's the main problem although the book is a lot easier to understand plus his explanations have contradictions several times).

Also: If you get so touchy on math and science, I wouldn't mind you teaching me about it if you feel offended, I am certain you will understand that I am capable of judging my current teachers.

alright, this makes a bit more sense now, if the math teacher is directly contradicting the book, then its different than just overcomplicating a simple problem solely for the sake of understanding a complex concept. As for the logic versus memorization thing: I'm consistently the highest math student at each school I go to, I max out standardized tests and im in calc at age 14. You need to memorize concepts that can be used to logically analyze problems. If no memorization was required to be able to apply logical analysis, we would all be at a college seniorr level of math at birth.

alright, this makes a bit more sense now, if the math teacher is directly contradicting the book, then its different than just overcomplicating a simple problem solely for the sake of understanding a complex concept. As for the logic versus memorization thing: I'm consistently the highest math student at each school I go to, I max out standardized tests and im in calc at age 14. You need to memorize concepts that can be used to logically analyze problems. If no memorization was required to be able to apply logical analysis, we would all be at a college seniorr level of math at birth.

To be honest I'm quite a natural on math, given a problem you only need to explain it once and it's memorized and can be used in future. I pretty much was pushed by my elementary school teacher who gave me equalations from higher grades which I solved with ease actually.

Also could you please explain you being "in calc at age 14"? I am not from US so I can't tell what you mean by that really, sry :/

well before i switched to math as my first class i had gym and my teacher mr.hammond was a jerk, we were playing ultimate Frisbee  and i landed on my knee hard on the gravel running track  and then walked over to the edge of the field and laid down, a couple kids yelled "i think he's hurt." then he said "he's fine, he's just being lazy." my knee really hurt

I have this VE teacher or Virtual Enterprise Teacher who does not know how to teach a class or even run a class! She doesn't know how to give a speech or assign work to the students. Last time I checked she made fun of my writing when people could barely read her writing. I have to say,"Worst and Most Ignorant teacher ever!"

I once had a Spanish teacher who spoke Peggy Spanish and she would make us do more work than necessary for the sake of doing more work(i.e. "After you finished writing the answers, translate all the questions five times")

She also had a shitty scoring system, I passed the class with an A, but only because the system was so easy to abuse

To be honest I'm quite a natural on math, given a problem you only need to explain it once and it's memorized and can be used in future. I pretty much was pushed by my elementary school teacher who gave me equalations from higher grades which I solved with ease actually.

Also could you please explain you being "in calc at age 14"? I am not from US so I can't tell what you mean by that really, sry :/

I'm 14 years old and currently taking calculus, in the u.s. calculus is a course for seniors in high school, generally 17-18 years old

I've been lucky enough to have some great teachers, who I greatly respect and admire. But I've also experienced bad teachers as well for example the kindest teacher I've met is also the most boring teacher I've had. He has a rather meek and calm voice but the way he teaches is boring and plain. 

Then I tried to go to gymnasium where the teachers were expected to be better/higher level than the teachers I have, but almost half of them were boring and gave me a reason for not going to gymnasium later on in my life.