Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A hidden treasure

Strong Hooves

The cheerful tone in which he accepted her 'company' made Serah instantly regret her decision.

"Nope, sorry. I decided you are stupid and will now set you on fire."

And she did. And then she flew off into space.

Zooooooooooooooooop. She became the new demi-god.

(trololol; actual post coming soon)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cheerful tone in which he accepted her 'company' made Serah instantly regret her decision.

"Nope, sorry. I decided you are stupid and will now set you on fire."

And she did. And then she flew off into space.

Zooooooooooooooooop. She became the new demi-god.

(trololol; actual post coming soon)

lololololol that just made my day!!! :lol:

The cheerful tone in which he accepted her 'company' made Serah instantly regret her decision. But it was too late to turn back now. Though something he'd said did bring up a certain problem she'd had to deal with a lot recently.

"I wasn't planing on staying here either. This city is too expensive for my tastes." she left out the fact that regardless of the city's 'tastes', she was lacking currency of any sort. "I'll gather some supplies of my own, and I'll meet you back here. If you haven't lost your nerve by then, that is."

Six's small smile disappeared, yeah... she'll take some getting used to, "Just hurry up already" he said as he sat down to wait. Dang whats up with her anyway? She seems interested in this quest... but I bet shed rather do it on her own... best keep my map closer from now on...

Serah nodded, and headed back towards the apple stand she had passed by earlier. The vendor herself was still there, some orange coated pony wearing a stetson. Maybe country folk coming out to this town wasn't as an irregular occurrence as she'd thought.

To Serah's chagrin, the mare was counting her apples over and over again. But how could she be suspicious of theft when only one apple had gone missing? The thief began to reconsider her plan, but then a young filly waltzed up to the vendor and got her attention. The two looked like they might be related, and she listened in on their conversation.

"Ah was right, Apple Boom. Some no good city slickers gone and taken one of my apples without payin'. Ah'm gonna need you to watch the stand fer me while I go n' catch the no good varmint." the older pony instructed the younger filly as she looked around suspiciously.

"But sis, how are ya gonna find the thief in this big ol' city?" Apple Bloom asked her sister, and Serah wanted to know the answer to that as well.

"Hah, you don't worry about me darlin'; I can smell apple on the breath'a anyone in a 5 mile radius, and ain't no one bought from mah stand all day." The older sister sounded oddly proud of herself despite having just admitted that she hadn't sold a single apple all day. Even the young filly seemed to realize the absurdity.

The apple vendor began to start sniffing at the air, and her gaze came awfully close to meeting Serah's own. She quickly turned her head and coughed, a short burst of flame leaving her mouth and surprising a well-dressed stallion next to her, but replacing her apple-breath with something a little more char-grilled.

"Ah got'cher scent, you thievin' bastard!" The saleswomen left her place behind the stand and dashed past Serah, off into a different part of town. Serah sighed in relief; she wasn't usually one to avoid conversation, but she needed to hurry up before her map decided to run away on her.

(Gonna let you take some time to do whatever it is you need your character to do before I continue; don't want to hog the spotlight for too long)

Six looked among the markets that were around the more... cleaner side of town, looking up and down the sales booths and seeing all kinds of foods. I only need food that wont spoil quickly, he thought. He bought a small bushel of apples, and also a pack of carrots as well. He then came across a booth that sold a rather strange food, "Come get yer fire snaps right here! A perfect sweet to have with just the right kick of spicy cinnamon!" dont sound too bad, thought Six, so he bought a small bag of the candies. He then walked along until he was almost toppled over by an orange mare, she looked rather angry as she stopped and looked at Six, "Have ya seen anypony walkin around with an apple in their mouth?" she asked, No way... that devious little mare... thought Six, but he shook his head to indicate he didnt, and the mare ran off once again in her wild search. I couldve ratted her out... but she did save me... so that is my payment in return. He then began to walk off back to the meeting place, chuckling silently as he did.

Serah walked up to the counter where the Apple Bloom now sat. The young filly's face lit up at the prospect of getting a customer so soon, and even before her sister had.

“Hi there! Welcome to Apple Boom's market place!” the young pony greeted Serah with a flourish. Serah couldn't help but smile at the filly's exuberance.

“Hello. I'd like to buy...” Serah mentally calculated the number of apples she'd need for the days ahead, taking into account the fact that she was fine with eating them after they'd gone bad. “Two pecks of apples.”

“Two pecks? Let's see, that's...” Apple Bloom ducked under the counter and came back up with a calculator. She typed some numbers, growing more excited by the minute. “That's 64 apples! Wow! And your total cost comes to-”

“I'll need them in bags.” Serah cut off the filly before she could name the price.

“Oh, yeah! One second!” the filly ducked under the counter again, coming up with two large felt bags with the Apple Family Orchard logo emblazoned on them, and began to fill them with apples. “Wow, 64 apples! You must like apples as much as mah sis!”

“Maybe.” Serah answered non-commitally, looking around shiftily to make sure that the filly's 'sis' wasn't around.

“I mean, last time ah had to plum near threaten murder to get someone to buy that many!” Apple Bloom said out of the blue. This threw Serah for a bit of a loop, but the filly laughed and attempted to explain herself. “Oh, don't worry. Applejack went and told the guy they were free after that.”

Apple Bloom handed over the two bags, now full, with an adorable smile that would break the heart of a lesser mare.

“Well, you've certainly done a good job today, miss Apple Bloom. You've done your sis proud.” Serah congratulated the positively beaming young saleswoman. She hoisted the two bags onto her back. “Have a good day.”

“Thanks! An' you too!” Applebloom replied as Serah trotted off. The filly continued to talk to herself even after her customer had left. “Wow, ah sold 64 apples! That's gotta be worth a cutie mark! Or even two!”

Serah looked back over her shoulder to see the filly staring eagerly at her flank. She suspected the filly would still be staring at herself by the time her sister came by, and that she wouldn't realize she'd never been payed until she was asked about it. Not even Serah wanted to see that confrontation.

---

Serah found her ticket to adventure where she'd left him, though he'd grown a bag or two richer since then. She doubted he'd gotten his goods the same way, though.

“Alright, I'm ready. Let's move. Now.” she wasn't going to leave any room for debate, not with an angry southern belle still possibly tracking the scent of every apple in the city.

(wow, that very spur of the moment idea lasted a long ass time; I'd apologize, but I really like what I got out of the silly concept. XD)

Edited by Legendary Emerald

(I honestly don't mind lol I like what you write xD)

Six nodded and the two began to walk out of the city, "Yer devious, ya know that?" he said to her with dry humor. Before she could reply, Six spotted a large hay wagon being pulled down the road that they were heading down, "Whup!! Free ride!" he said and took off running toward the wagon, quietly hopping on before motioning Serah to follow.

Serah followed the hitchhiker's lead, losing only a couple apples in the process. She landed next to him in the hay and situated herself, blowing stray strands of straw out her bangs.

"You're not exactly the law abiding citizen yourself, Mr..."

"You're right. Your name is cliqued as hell. But so is mine. I'm Serah Anastos." she spoke the foreign sounding name with an accent she didn't usually have, and hoped 'Six String' hadn't notice it. "Stop eying my apples; you've got your own supplies."

Six raised an eyebrow, "Where'd the accent come from? And... nice name" he told her, hoping she would at least just take the compliment. "And why did ya take that many apples? Most a those will just go bad before you even get halfway through them". He didnt quite fully understand this mare, but perhaps it was for the best...

Serah sighed at what she felt was a sudden bombardment of questions, though to most ponies, two questions was hardly a big deal. She'd decided to deal with queries efficiently and thoroughly, and hope no more popped up along the way.

"I'm from New Brousse. Its foreign, and its far away. As for my name..." Serah blew a short puff of fire from her mouth, which took on the shape of a bird. "Serah, Anastos. Flame, resurrection. Cliqued."

She swatted her creation out existence.

"Apples are high in acid. Helps the flames. I don't care if they go bad, just as long as they do their job." Serah finished rushing through her explanation, having said more in the past hour than she had in the entire two weeks prior. She took an apple out of her bag took a bite, hoping Six String had the common courtesy not to talk to someone when they were eating.

Six listened to the hurried explanation, it would seem she dont like talkin just as much as me, he thought, well... sounds like a plan, Six then decided it time to turn his own voice box off, grabbing an apple from his own baag, he laid down in the hay and ate silently. He threw the core off the wagon and then grabbed his guitar, deciding to pass the time with a small tune... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeXHrz6iB1s&feature=related

Edited by Strong Hooves

Serah was unsure what to think when Six String pulled out his guitar and started to play. She supposed it was inevitable that a pony with music as his special talent would play from time to time, but it still surprised her for some reason.

The tune was melancholic, but fit the atmosphere perfectly. Serah hadn't listened to much music outside of the traditional fare that was played at religious events in Brousse, but those songs were played usually played on the aulos and kithara; the guitar, while another stringed instrument, had a very different sound to it. Serah was happy with that, because the less that reminded her of home, the better.

Six String's song grew it complexity as it went on, and Serah found herself focusing on all the ins and outs of the song. At some point she began to think that the guitarist might actually be trying to impress her; that almost made her snort. It took more than fancy instruments to gain her respect.

But the song was beautiful, and she was a little sad when it ended. Not that she let Six String know that.

Six did not notice Serahs snort, he was too lost in his music to notice any noise besides his strumming. As he played, his expression took on a more melancholic look, as bittersweet memories began to play in his head. He remembered his life before, when he lived with his grandparents, the time he still had a family and was loved. He was a young colt in paradise, knowing that even though he was picked on because of his eyes, he could go to his grandparents for comfort. He remembered the first time he played a guitar, how it got him his cutiemark, and how happy it made his grandparents. He would play for them almost every day, wanting to see their smiles as he did, even when grandma got sick, he played for her, making her happy. When she died, grandpaw soon became ill with sadness, and Six continued to play, hoping to make him happy once more, but it didnt seem to be enough... His grandfather died soon enough, and Six was left with no family, in a cold world with no one to go to. He sold his farm and became a wanderer, hoping to one day find a new family, one to call his own... he hoped to break the endless silence in his heart, to care once again, to truly be happy... to... love... His eyes were clouded in memeories as he set down his guitar, he breathed a sigh and shook his head to clear his thoughts. Looking over the wagon, he saw they were approaching a small town. Looking at his map, he saw a small town labeled, 'Ponyville', and it was their next stop until they made it to their destination. "We'll stay here for the night" he said silently, indicating the town, "We need ta rest up, its gettin late anyways" he then turned to face Serah, "Ah can get us both a room fer tonight if ya like". He didnt know why he was suddenly so generous, perhaps if he showed kindness, perhaps she would begin to act more friendly as well...

"I'm fine." was Serah's only response to Six String's offer. She already had to rely on him for his map; she wasn't going use him any more than that. Not because she cared about the pony, but because she knew she was capable of taking care of herself. She'd no doubt been traveling longer than her new companion, and she'd gotten by just fine thus far.

The wagon stopped; perhaps it was staying in Ponyville for the night as well. Serah hopped off the wagon, taking her apples with her, and prepared to walk off when an unfamiliar voice spoke to her.

"Hey, uh, which one of you two was playin the music?" the voice came from the front of the cart, and Serah saw that they'd been being pulled by a large red stallion with an wooden horseshoe hung over his neck. A green apple marked his flank, causing Serah to remember a few other ponies she recently met with a relation to apples.

She hid her surprise marginally well, and then pointed an accusatory hoof at Six Strings as he jumped off the wagon. She then headed off without a word.

"It was purdy." the stallion complimented Six, and then Serah was out of of sight.

Six looked up at the red stallion, at first he was intimidated, but relaxed as he heard the compliment. With a smile he said "thank ya". The stallion nodded, "Names Big Macintosh, ah live here on Sweet Apple Acres, the largest apple farm this side of Equestria" he said proudly. Six's eyes lit up at the mention of the farm, old memories resurfacing once more. "Anyway, ah gotta get goin" said Big Mac, "But we're havin a music talent show tonight an erybody is allowed in, perhaps you should try it out". Six thought about this, "Ah might, see ya round Big Macintosh" he said as the stallion left again. He looked around for Serah, seeing she was nowhere to be found, "Now where did she run off to?" he muttered to himself, then set off to look for her, thinking about the talent show...

Serah hoped that the cart puller would distract Six String long enough so that that she could get away. She hated repeating herself, and didn't want to expend the effort to refuse his request to get a room for her again.

It would take some searching before she found herself a suitable hiding and sleeping spot, though. Usually she would just pick out a tree in whatever field or meadow she passed through, but that wasn't as easy in a packed village like this, and she didn't want to go too far out of town or she might not find Six again in the morning.

She continued to wander around town until she spotted something that would work perfectly. A large tree, near the center of town, full of thick leaves that would hide anyone from curious eyes. The only problem was that a house already seemed to be built into the tree, but she doubted its owner spent much time in the branches.

The tree got bigger the closer she came to it. It would be very difficult to climb, not only because of its size, but its unnatural smoothness. Serah was pretty confident she'd be able to manage, but there were an awful lot of ponies around. She'd have to wait until it was later in the day if she were to have any chance at being inconspicuous.

Six continued his trek through the town, none of the ponies seemed to notice him as they went on their own way, not that it bothered him, this was the same thing for every town he went to. This town seemed nice enough, the ponies looked friendly and all, Perhaps this might be a nice place to stay, he thought to himself. He finally found Serah approaching a... tree home... right as he began to approach, a purple mare came out of the home, seeing Serah and saying, "Well hello there! Are you looking for some books?", this otta be good, thought Six as he approached...

"Shit."

How long had this pony been watching her? Did she know what Serah had been planning? Wait, had she called it a library?

"Uh, yes, I am." Serah turned around unnaturally quickly and answered, thinking on her hooves. "I wasn't sure if this was a library though. It looks very... lived in."

"Oh, well, that's because it is." the mare who had confronted her was a purple unicorn, and she giggled before finishing her answer. "I live here. My name's Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight extended a hoof, and Serah shook it awkwardly.

"What's your name?" the purple mare asked curiously when Serah didn't give her name as well.

"Serah. Anastos." Serah calmed herself. This mare didn't seem to suspect anything, so she figured giving her name would be of no harm.

"Huh, that's a funny sounding name. Oh, no offense though." Twilight apologized for her faux pas with a repentant smile. "But um, yeah, this is my home, but its still a library first and foremost. I'd be happy to help you find anything you're looking for."

Serah desperately wanted to decline the invitation; this mare was being far too cheerful and nice towards someone she had just met. But on the other hand, it was a way of getting into the treehouse. Perhaps she'd be able to escape out one of the windows and hide in the branches like she'd planned. Make the best out of the situation without drawing any more suspicion to herself.

"Alright." she eventually replied, forming the plan in her mind.

"Okay then, come on in." Twilight responded, opening the unlocked door and leading Serah in. Serah looked behind her before she entered, and saw Six watching her with a bemused expression on his face. She wasn't sure why, but she cursed him where he stood. Somehow, this was all his fault.

(OOC: How does this thead have over 200 views, and only 45 posts? My viewing the thread doesn't count each time, so where are all these views coming from?)

(They come from other members and guests that view this)

Six merely chuckled as Serah looked back at him, even with her scorning expression. He trotted to the library and knocked on the door, Might as well ask her if she knows any place to stay the night...

No sooner had Twilight led Serah into the library when a knock came at the door.

"Wow, we sure are busy today." Twilight remarked, and excused herself to open the door. When she did, Six String was on the other side. "Hello there!"

"No, no, no, no, no!" Serah was mentally shouting. She was sure now that Six was out to make things difficult for her. All she was trying to do was find a nice people place to sleep, and now...

"Evenin ma'am" said Six quietly, "Sorry ta bother ya, but ah was lookin fer a motel or inn that ah could stay fer the night and was hopin you'd know of a place?" he momentarily glanced at Serah, curious about her annoyed expression. Twilight frowned and shook her head, "Im so sorry, there isnt any vacant areas that I know of..." Six merely shrugged, "Alright then, I like sleepin under the stars anyway". Twilight frowned a while longer until she noticed his guitar, Oh you play?" she asked brightly, "Are you gonna be in the talent show tonight?". Once again Six shrugged, "Ah was thinkin about it" he replied, as he said this, a ruckus could be heard outside, Six turned around and saw two pegasi picking on a few younger fillys, keeping the ball they were playing with out of their little reach...

(the pegasi are the two that bullied Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, remember them?)

Serah calmed down. Okay, so maybe Six wasn't trying to ruin her plan. But even if he was, he'd been distracted by some commotion outside now. She didn't know what it was, and she didn't particularly care, as long as it kept Six out of her business until the morning.

"Twilight." Serah got the purple unicorn's attention. "The books."

"Oh, that's right! Sorry." Twilight apologized, and nodded goodbye to Six before letting the door close. She began to lead Serah towards the bookshelves. "You're a pretty eager reader, aren't you?"

"Yes. I f*cking love reading." Sera deadpanned.

(Yes, I remember them. It doesn't seem like my character wants to involve herself, though. XD)