Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

BIggest thing you ever did a 180 on the show or in the fanon?

FNGRpony

looking back be you brone sense day 1,

or converted hater,

what sense watching the show or the fan stuff have you done a 180 on?  Changed your out look.

Back when i was trying to understand why people watched it i'd peat at images from the show, (I did like the mov series but that felt pro hater LOL).

The picture to me that screamed girly crap was this big giant ball of pink fluff.. "that's the gayest stupidest thing i've ever seen"

today i lose my shit when fluffle puff up dates.  if it's a video forget about it lol.

From the show i'd have to say rarity.  I was shown art of the dress and while i still don't like that episode i appreciated sweet and elite.  She's a fun character.

Hm, well, i don't really know if i did a 180 on a bunch if anything in the show. I've had smaller changes of course, but idk how many classify as 180's.

Obviously there was watching the show, but frankly even then i was more of someone who was ignorant to its existence, and just came across it and ended up liking it, never really was a full hater or anything.

I guess maybe when i first watched through the show i didn't watch suited for success, because it seemed like it'd be to girly, but its actually probably one of my more favorite episodes now.

When i first heard of Twilicorn i didn't like it all, but now it doesn't really bother me at all, i don't know if i'd say it flat out benefits anything yet, but it doesn't affect my perception of Twilight either.

Other then that idk really. Not many 180's i can think of, and i'm not sure if any of these even count as 180's.

I still don't get the resent ment for alicorn twilight.

If anything season 4 proved a bucking plant could take down 2 alicorn princess down.

with no struggle.

Christ sweet bell faired better.

My original perspective of Rainbow Dash was... well, less than positive. I just didn't like her personality that much, she just seemed so full of herself and I didn't really see the appeal of her character.

But then cue the Sleepless in Ponyville episode with possibly one of the most heart-warming scenes in the whole season. It made me respect her character a lot more. It was that 180 flip that made me scrap my favourite mane 6 list in frustration because they all became tied for first.

Badges

I don't know if this is too NSFW or not, so I'm going to put it into spoilers.

I used to despise cloppers and clopping. I thought it was vile, disgusting, and perverted.
Then, one time, for some odd reason, I decided to try it out, discovered that I loved it, and I've pretty much been on that road ever since.
Nowadays I vastly prefer ponies over humans. Funny how the human mind works.

• Brohoof 2

I used to despise cloppers and clopping. I thought it was vile, disgusting, and perverted.

Then, one time, for some odd reason, I decided to try it out, discovered that I loved it, and I've pretty much been on that road ever since.

One word.  taboo.  I'm catholic i can totally understand this one ^^.  you built up a personal barrier "this is wrong, bad, grrr."

and when you walked over it you felt drawn to it.

• Brohoof 1

I think that the biggest thing that the show did a complete 180 on was characterizing Rainbow Dash in some of her episodes then, completely making a heartwarming moment in Sleepless in Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

I completely HATED MLP. WITH A PASSION. And then 1 day, I was pissed at my anti-brony best friend. Sat down and watched Turnabout Storm (since I'm obsessed with Ace Attorney) and fell in love with the show that way. Even the adorable ball of pink fluff that is Flufflepuff.

• Brohoof 1

I literally went from "maybe I'll give it a watch, but I'm not sure yet" to being a borderline shameless fanboy literally overnight when I finally got up the balls to download season 1 and give it a shot. 

Edited by Shoboni

This was what happened to me for the most part. The real difference is that I did not despise it or anything, just had no interest until I decided to break boundaries I suppose. Then, it kinda became the norm for me. Doesn't make me enjoy the show any less.

That probably is the only real one I can think of right now. Never was apart of any real fandom's in the past. The only other one would be me loving this show so much, but I never hated it, I was curious the moment I heard about it, so I guess it isn't a 180.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

I completely HATED MLP. WITH A PASSION. And then 1 day, I was pissed at my anti-brony best friend. Sat down and watched Turnabout Storm (since I'm obsessed with Ace Attorney) and fell in love with the show that way. Even the adorable ball of pink fluff that is Flufflepuff.

I love Turnabout storm, and i've never even played Ace attorney, however after watching it, that might have to change ;p.

I literally went from "maybe I'll give it a watch, but I'm not sure yet" to be a borderline shameless fanboy literally overnight when I finally got up the balls to download season 1 and give it a shot. 

My transition was much more smooth ;p. I mean i got curious of course, and i watched an episode, and another, and another, but just curiosity kinda drove me for a while, until i eventually realized i loved it.

• Brohoof 1

I love Turnabout storm, and i've never even played Ace attorney, however after watching it, that might have to change

If you thought Trixie was bad, you should see the prosecutor that she was based on in the games. Franziska von Karma. Daughter of the final prosecutor of the first game Manfred von Karma. Think Trixie from Turnabout Storm, but with a whip. 

• Brohoof 1

I never really liked Pinkie Pie that much initially. Now she's pretty much one of my favorite ponies. She's especially adorable in the current mlpforums banner. e9FkmL5.png

I felt she looked adorable in this video

be for warned this song will get stuck in your head.

• Brohoof 1

If you thought Trixie was bad, you should see the prosecutor that she was based on in the games. Franziska von Karma. Daughter of the final prosecutor of the first game Manfred von Karma. Think Trixie from Turnabout Storm, but with a whip. 

Trixie was pretty bad, but i did make things very intense, the whole like 8 hours the series lasts i was hooked(Well even if i watched it over like several days since each of the 5 parts obviously came out alot further apart then like a day ;p.)

but it was awesome and intense and emotionally packed, i might even watch it again ;p. 

I've never played the games, so i don't really know how they work, but yeah, that sounds tough ;p.

Turnabout storm comes in as like one of my favorite series about MLP. maybe even just series in general.

Edited by Zygen

The CMCs. Stupid, one-note kids that infringed on the exploits of the Mane 6 at first, now I like them maybe a little more than the mane 6.

Edited by n1029

No real 180 here, but there are some things I've shifted around on. Biggest is probably Equestria Girls. I didn't really *hate* it like others did but I didn't really like the idea or the initial character designs. Then I watched it and was thoroughly entertained. Maybe not a 180, more like a 120.

I've also shifted somewhat in my opinion of Alicorn Twilight, but not as much.

My brain is still kind of downloading how I feel about S4E1&2, but right now I can say the only thing I've done a complete 180 on was Rarity. I was very frustrated with her character, seeing as we have virtually nothing in common and I couldn't relate to her in any way. But then I saw how creative she was, and how determined she was to be the best in whatever she did. That's a really great character aspect for me. Plus, Sweet and Elite. How can you not like her after that episode?

I'm sure you guys know now how much of a big Rarity fan I am, but something you may not know is how much I disliked Pinkie Pie as well. I used to get headaches with how much energy she had. But, believe it or not, I really started liking her after watching Party of One, because I got to see her without all that spastic energy and didn't like it much. It gave me a lot of ideas about being cheerful, and how to properly write an optimistic character; most people just make the characters be happy-go-lucky without any real thought, and no matter what they throw at them, they'll bounce back and still be happy.

But very rarely is it expressed that without their optimism, they literally have nothing. It's almost a defense mechanism, really. 

Sorry, I got a little off topic. :3