Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Flying on magic power?

Cherry Rainbow

She has wings ya know.
Im pretty sure she would use those.

And for her magic powers.
Wasnt shown in the one episode, that she could give a pony wings with it, but not fly with the magic itself? BUT then again are alicorns much more powerful. Maybe it is possible.

Edited by Guest

Theoretically, a pony can fly on magic - though that would probably be referred to as levitation. For example, in that episode where Pinkie foalsits for the Cakes, that little unicorn foal (Pumpkin, I think? Jeez, I need to watch some of the episodes again, it's been a while) was able to levitate by a burst of magic. I think it would be relatively difficult for a grown unicorn to pull it off, but Twilight probably could do it now.

She does have wings now, though, so I wouldn't see the point in her doing that. Although, maybe she did use magic to assist her little flight there at the end of the season three finale...

Pumpkin Cake's method of flight is very efficient due to it just being levitation, but it is so controlled and solid that it could easily be boring. Much more exciting would be to design psio-kinetic thrusters, a lot more linear and a lot less controllable. Adrenaline and speed the way we like it.

wgjl.jpg

The power of telekinesis depends on the mass of an object, since Twilight has become an alicorn, her magical power increased.. but she probably would not use it unless she judges herself as an object.. It's kinda awkward to even think about it.

yes i think she is using magic to fly but not by using her horn

this is my opinion on alicorns so ignore this if you don't wanna hear it

all ponies races use magic, just in different ways. a unicorn will use the magic inside them well using the horn as a catalyst , a pegasus will use the the magic around them and the wings are the catalyst, and an earth pony uses the magic of the earth its self and the hooves are the catalyst.

now alicorns are unique because they can tap into all kinds of magic and that is why they have both horns and wings.  

so yes twilight is using magic to fly but its the same kind of magic that rainbow dash is using to fly every day