S04:E01+02 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Yellow Diamond

597 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I thought about that as well. It could trigger a lot of theories regarding how cutie marks manifest in every pony in Equestria. I don't think the fact that Twilight's cutie mark is the same as the tree has any indication that she's the highlander and that there can be only one the chosen one. It just means that the fact Twilight's mark is the same as what's on the tree symbolizes her special talent is magic. No better symbol can show that than the symbol etched on the tree that is arguably the source of all magic in equestria. Notice also that Shining Armor has that mark along with a shield. That he also demonstrated great skill with magic is no coincidence: it's not easy to create a barrier around all of Canterlot, and that it was a task entrusted to him rather than something the princesses did should also be a strong hint.

Makes sense. We'll just have to wait.

Do you think that the sun and the moon in the tree's trunk represent Celestia and Luna's cutie marks or something generic?

• Brohoof 1

Do you think that the sun and the moon in the tree's trunk represent Celestia and Luna's cutie marks or something generic?

Luna and Celestia may be different from Twilight now you mention it, but the only reason I say that is because unlike Twilight, they actually are immortal.

Just saw the episode. Easily the best Season Opener after of course Season 2.

Really enjoyed the flashbacks scene's and the inclusion of Discord as always was a delight.

Funny that for me roots beat both Sombra and Nightmare Moon's introductions.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, why should we care about things like an overarching plot device and character development? We can obsess over miniscule, unimportant objects like scepters and make semen jokes about potion colors!

• Brohoof 1

okay so I had this theory on whats in that box at the end? Maybe it contains twilight's inmortality.

To me this makes sense because Twilight became an alicorn through frendship so she could become inmotrtal with frendship(the six keys) and if she refused to take her inmortality (because she doesn't want to outlive her freinds) that would keep to what The Hub has said about her not outliving her freinds without makeing them alicorns as well.

Edited by Geo-Ribbion

I hope the box contains some deep Knowledge about twilights connection to the tree of life Possibly leading to the realization that the main six do not and in fact never needed the elements in the first place.  that they always had the Magic of friendship with them all along. It's Probably the elements 2.0 so Hasbro can sell another line of ponies.

I knew that it wasn't D'cord I thought at first Nightmare Moon was was behind it due to the summer sun celebration, no Derpy, and I knew something was up with the seeds Discord was eating.

I got excited at first when we saw Nightmare Moon. Even though it was only a flashback, I still liked it. 

• Brohoof 1

Wait a minute...

Luna changed into Nightmare Moon... and Celestia defeated her minutes afterward?!

Well, there goes my fanfic about the Nightmare Wars and how they lasted years... yay go Celestia.

okay so I had this theory on whats in that box at the end? Maybe it contains twilight's inmortality.

To me this makes sense because Twilight became an alicorn through frendship so she could become inmotrtal with frendship(the six keys) and if she refused to take her inmortality (because she doesn't want to outlive her freinds) that would keep to what The Hub has said about her not outliving her freinds without makeing them alicorns as well.

The box contains either new Elements for the mane 6, or it's really a Tardis that Twilight and her friends will enter and then have amazing adventures through space and time... yay Tardis.

It's already been confirmed that Twilight won't outlive her friends, so the box wouldn't "contain" her immortality. Besides, she became a princess thanks to her friendship with the other 5. If she became immortal, the whole point of her princess status would be lost.

I got excited at first when we saw Nightmare Moon. Even though it was only a flashback, I still liked it. 

I got excited at first to and I didn't know at first it was a flashback

What are those freaking plants though? They creep me out seriously. Does any pony out there have any ideas on what the chest might contain? I'm bursting with anticipation!

Honestly I ( In my best opinion ) think that the six keys are either the feathers of the "mane" six or their horns. ( when they are alicorns of corse