S04:E01+02 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Yellow Diamond

597 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

omg, like 3 minutes into part 2 twilight gets infused with nyx. theros confirmed as the plane that equestria is in =P

best episode ever XD

the fight scene was unexpected and epic

one thing I didn't like is how weak discord appeared near the end

In the new intro, I have noticed a few things. The CMC in the back of the train. Derpy in the train window. New and larger group pic. Discord in Fluttershy's cottage window. And probably a few more.

Oh, and one more thing. Celestia- LUNA? WHATS THE SCOOTALOO SAY ABOUT HER MAGIC LEVEL?!

Luna- IT'S OVER 10,000!!!!!!! (yes, I realize it is usually 9k, but 10k is more fitting.)

post-25592-0-45560700-1399853274.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, . I have merged your topic sharing what you liked and disliked about the season 4 finale into the official discussion topic for it as it did not have sufficient room for discussion to be a topic.

Uh, SCS, if you were merging a topic about the season FINALE, you merged it into the wrong topic (this one is for the season PREMIER).

Uh, SCS, if you were merging a topic about the season FINALE, you merged it into the wrong topic (this one is for the season PREMIER).

Oops ._.

Fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Brohoof 2

Oops ._.

Fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

No problem. :)  Although it looks like there's a LOT of finale discussion in this topic still - I think there might have been another merge, and/or some general confusion.

In the new intro, I have noticed a few things. The CMC in the back of the train. Derpy in the train window. New and larger group pic. Discord in Fluttershy's cottage window. And probably a few more.

The CMC and Derpy have been appearing on the train since Lesson Zero in Season 2, actually.  You're right, though, that Discord and the larger group pic are new, as well as Twilight spreading her wings and Luna being there to see the picture alongside Celestia.

• Brohoof 2

Don't thing I have posted here yet, but anyway Holly crap, the season final was amazing, lol, loved that super sayin Twilight, and, so much AWESOME! :wub:

No problem. :)  Although it looks like there's a LOT of finale discussion in this topic still - I think there might have been another merge, and/or some general confusion.

The CMC and Derpy have been appearing on the train since Lesson Zero in Season 2, actually.  You're right, though, that Discord and the larger group pic are new, as well as Twilight spreading her wings and Luna being there to see the picture alongside Celestia.

Hm, I suppose I noticed the larger group picture, rewound the video and that was actually the first time I REALLY looked, but thank you for the info ;3

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm the actual show removed from the thread due to copyright infringements.

Thank you DMCA and MPAA for interefering once again and making trouble like always.

Huh? What happened? What got removed from where? Did someone post a video of the whole episode here or something?

• 2 weeks later...

Princess Twilight Sparkle was helping out the mane six use the elements of Harmony to find out where's Princess Celestia and Princess Luna was trapped into.

This was a season 4 premiere since November 23rd, 2013.
:D

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING! SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T WATCHED THE FIRST TWO EPISODES!!!

I just finished the first two episodes of season 4. I really enjoyed it, especially the pinkie pie input on ep. 1

Creeeeamy frooooosting.... rotfl! That lit up my day, seriously!

I was happy that discord was back, (typical Q antics for all my fellow trekkers out there), though there were some questions that were raised when I watched this episode:

1. Why the hay doesn't Luna have a lot of dialogue in this series?! Such a pretty voice, and I am sure she has a big tale to tell of her different adventures with Celestia before she was imprisoned, and even after!
  2. It kinda gave me a "hey, leave her alone!" attitude at discord when Twilight drank that potion from Zakura and entered that "dream-state" and cried when she was under. Discord then made fun of her when she came back out of it. Heck, I would cry too if I saw my biggest teacher in life get hurt, even if it was in the past. I am sure this is what Twilight was crying about when she was in the trance. Back off discord! *stamps hooves*
  3. In the end, Discord DID sew those seeds, so the whole thing WAS his fault. I'm sure that he, deep in his heart, wishes to be reformed, but it is going to take a serious push of effort on his part.

Anyway, thats my 2 bits on this episode.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an mlp marathon using netflix and I finally saw this episode... Princess Twilight Sparkle.... So perfect!!! If I wasn't a brony before, I am now!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The fight with Luna and Celestia is really quite well done, considering how brief it is. A bit epic. When you take into account this and the S4 finale it's really interesting to see how much more adventure based the series becomes in parts. I think it's all boding well for some more real pony adventures when the new season starts.

The episode was nice and all, but Twilight isnt exactly my favorite. I like that she is alicorn and how she earned her place as princess, but its a little weird for her to be all alicorny and princessy while the others are still regular unicorns, earthies, and pegasi.

The episode was nice and all, but Twilight isnt exactly my favorite. I like that she is alicorn and how she earned her place as princess, but its a little weird for her to be all alicorny and princessy while the others are still regular unicorns, earthies, and pegasi.

I think it would be a bit more weird if Celestia turned round and said: "congrats, you're now all princesseseseseses." Twilight was Celestia's hand picked student, she was being groomed (no, not like that) for the role and if everypony was suddenly a princess it would kinda dilute the whole idea of being a princess.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I just recently started watching through season 4.  I just finished Manehattan.  (I'm posting out of order.)  Princess Twilight may be my favorite episode in the series so far.  Tough call.  It was amazing.  I think that with this episode, FIM definitively proved that it can indeed be big enough for the big screen.  And Discord singing Winter Wrap Up in the tub was hooves down the best moment of the entire series.

I just cannot believe McCarthy bastardized the Nightmare Moon story so badly. And what did it even accomplish? Why was that shitty retcon even there? Seems almost like a direct attack on Lauren Faust.

Well, first off I am going to just say that I will be writing what my thoughts were on all the Season 4 episodes, some of the more important episodes in the other three and all of season five once it comes out.

I don't really know where to start with this, there were a lot of things that would just make you face palm. I guess the first thing to start off with is the problem they face and that is thorny vines growing out from the Everfree forest.........really; is that the best they could come up with. It also annoys me that once again Luna and Celestria are taken out of the picture as soon as it all starts, this in turn suddenly puts Twilight on the spot for no real reason; seriously, do the guards of Equastria really fall apart that easily. Using a potion to find out what is happening and why, along with having an awesome scene from the past was cool, but they really should have made the potion another colour (I'm sure I don't need to say why, 'insert obvious joke here') . I do like the fact that Discord was still himself while this was all going on, after all, no one can be reformed in such a short amount of time as what we were given. It was good that they had to give up the elements like that though, it's like saying that they shouldn't always rely on them for everything.

Unfortunately, I did not find this opening to a season that great; it had a weak story to it and it seemed to give off a 'Twilight is an Alicorn/princess now, deal with it' feel. The fact that Discord was the one reason for all this happening in the first place because of what he did in the past and the fact that he could have just said something, makes all that happened seem a bit pointless and just fills in some stuff on the past and what happened on the day Luna turned.

In honest truth I haven't seen this since it first came out and some of what I said might be a bit lacking, but I really do feel like they could have done better with this. So in the end, I am only willing to give it a 5/10.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's really odd that it had only been a year since Twilight came to ponyville. I'm not really a fan of it. I mean Celestia basically like "Okay, you know enough about friendship. BOOM! Princess!"