S04:E01+02 - Princess Twilight Sparkle

Yellow Diamond

597 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Oh. My. God. I just watched the live stream, and it was friggin' awesome. I like the intro very much, and apparently there's derpy in the train, though I didn't see that :)

Ahh... I kept squealing like a fangirl throughout the episode, and my mother and brother must've thought I'm craaaazy as hell ;)

I gotta say, I was skeptical towards Season 4, but after seeing what I think are two of the better written episodes so far, I think I'll stick around a bit longer. I can't wait to see what they do now that they've gotten rid of the show's "get out of jail free card".

• Brohoof 3

I absolutely adored it...

marking some stuff in spoilers because I'm not an asshole:

I really liked the Flashback bits but my favorite part was actually Discord in a maid's outfit, oddly enough.

• Brohoof 7

Anyone else thought it was funny when Spike was riding Twilight as she was flying and he wore a seatbelt? haha despite more Spike abuse I thought that was awesome!

And the DBZ battle between Luna and Celestia was awesome! I think the quest for the 6 keys will be a personal episode for each pony.

• Brohoof 1

It kicked ass, to be perfectly blunt. Discord provided great comic relief as he always does, feels were had during the Celestia/Nightmare Moon flashback, Tree of Harmony was a great idea, and I can't help but wonder what's inside the box. The second episode ended a bit abruptly, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with this premiere. I have a feeling there are some major things coming down the road.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 7

These two were an awesome start to a new season, I loved every minute of it. Gave a bit of story as well, with the banishment of Luna and Discord being turned to stone. The seeds and the six keys, the tree of elements.. Wow, season four is going to be so awesome, so far it is very promising.

I really liked the Crocodile, new creature for us to draw and the plants would be interesting to draw as well.. I feel so happy right now!

I think we should call the crocodile the "Rockodile"

• Brohoof 3

I need to get my thoughts in order, but that was beyond epic! I have to rewatch it but over all I thought it was awesome! I even like Twilight's new crown although it will take some getting used to. I also have to wonder how the keys will fit into the story.

Well, that was a strong season premiere my friends. Very little "OMG she's a princess" stuff. I loved Rainbow's line about how it's NOT every mare's dream (and she was just the one to deliver it). I like that Twilight walked more than flew and doesn't wear the crown all the time.

But here's the thing. Clearly her status has caused new tensions among the 6, and besides the order to the guards and the flashback potion with the "alicorn magic" tag, she didn't do anything as an alicorn princess that she couldn't have done as a unicorn. In fact if she was still a unicorn, the business in the forest would've gone much more smoothly. Nevertheless, the premiere shows promise. if they put a lid on the royal stuff and do one thing that wasn't done very well here--keep Twilight on the same level as her friends--her remaining a princess is a workable idea for me. But those are some important "ifs."

I'm glad I watched and I'm excited for next week's episode!

• Brohoof 1

What do you mean by this exactly? You know Lauren Faust only wrote the very first two episodes in season 1, right?

Officially yes but she went throught the stories of all the episodes in season 1 and almost half the episodes in season 2 as far as I know by her interviews.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't really like Twilight doing that.. To me it felt like she was showing off which was kind of bad.

Maybe if it was combined with Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom it would've been more plausible but I guess we will just have to live with The newest thing. The TwiBoom

Well I don't care that much if it's considering showing off but I just don't like the fact that she did it cause she can't fly that well and there's no explanation how or why she could do that thing. It was just something unnecessary they added just for the sake of it. But whatever, it's nothing important :3

Anyone else thought it was funny when Spike was riding Twilight as she was flying and he wore a seatbelt? haha despite more Spike abuse I thought that was awesome!

And the DBZ battle between Luna and Celestia was awesome! I think the quest for the 6 keys will be a personal episode for each pony.

The Celestia vs Nightmare moon battle was cool, but it does disprove my headcanon of Nighmare Moon being slightly stronger than Celestia. It seems they are equals and that Nighmare Moon only had the upper hoof because Celestia didn't want to fight

That was... good.

Satisfying and intriguing at the same time. I expected an actual villain... but whatever! It was good!

Well, I guess we'll have to wait until the season's finale to get to know what's inside that chest... maybe even a cliffhanger to a potential season five then? Would be neat. But whatever happens, I'm expecting a great season full of episodes that will have to do with that chest and how to open it. Story arc! Yes!

Sadly, I wasn't right in the end...

http://mlpforums.com/topic/64691-theory-discord-will-sing-in-the-history-of-equestria-episode/

But I don't even really care right now. I'm simply to eager to see more episodes. But prior to that... rewatch time!

Well that's the premier.

I'll do some reflecting, but there was a lot of it that I didn't particularly like.  The scene of Twilight leaving Everfree and coming back felt terribly contrived and should've been edited out.  And Equestria hasn't discovered anything new, apparently, as this great catastrophe was just a reflection from the past.  Still not clear how the alliance of Discord+Mane6+EoH+Tree of Harmony+Crystal Heart+Crystal Empire+Equestrian army+three other alicorns can be rivaled.

Nor have we learned why Twilight was coronated and why she was at that specific time.  In fact, the premier was not all that dark, to be honest.  The only thing we got is the six key box, which will end the Season and, I fear, the show itself.

So, sure, the premier was anticlimactic, but that's because the season itself will continue the premier's storyline.

I agree the antagonistic view of the forest felt a bit anti climatic as it didn't really do much. And the whole discussion with Twilight leaving in coming back should have been left out. As it didn't make sense to me. It wasn't a flawless episode but I did end up enjoying it.

Especially the 6 key box thing. I really thought it was interesting.

Edited by Tyler Blu Gunderson

I REALLY LOVED IT! I mean-it was more then expected. Discord made me laugh and Celestia kind made me wonder how much she really tried. RD sort of felt like she was for season 1. Maybe its actions she had in the second part. She just seemed like she was forced to be a jerk-more so now then before.

Anyways, it was fun. I liked it-so worth the wait.

The Celestia vs Nightmare moon battle was cool, but it does disprove my headcanon of Nighmare Moon being slightly stronger than Celestia. It seems they are equals and that Nighmare Moon only had the upper hoof because Celestia didn't want to fight

Yes plus Dark powers tend to be a bit stronger than light magic. Celestia was just holding back because she didn't want to hurt her but was forced to just seal her within the moon.