Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Song Do You Want Played At Your Funeral?

SrFrog

I don't know... I don't even want to think about me dying. I just want to live forever with Flutterdash <3 I want to die next to Flutterdash... Watching in those beautiful eyes, holding those warm hands and then pass away... I would die happy.

But I think this one...

• Brohoof 2

I don't know... I don't even want to think about me dying. I just want to live forever with Flutterdash <3 I want to die next to Flutterdash... Watching in those beautiful eyes, holding those warm hands and then pass away... I would die happy.

But I think this one...

Nothing Else Matters

I've gotta admit that everything about that post was awesome! :D

Anyway about me...

Well why should I care exactly what is played at my funeral. I won't live to hear it! :P *ba dum tist*

But in all seriousness I'd like to have a nontraditional funeral. The grieving and sadness from all who show up (yeah you the one guy in the corner!) isn't a good time.

No lie, I want a party! A party to celebrate my life!

A party doesn't just have one song so I guess I've gotta make an entire playlist or higher a DJ or something...

But I guess I'd need a specific burial song...

Nothing too ceremonial... I mean even a complete God among Mortals such as myself needs a bit of a humble set off...

...Dancing Mad should do... ALL OF IT!

http-~~-//youtu.be/JbXVNKtmWnc

Okay in all seriousness I would not object to this being played as a Burial song.

http-~~-//youtu.be/P-EKQp4Hedk

I know this song has a lot of emotion in it for me (and those who recognize it from Mother 3 and exactly where in the game its from... yeah THAT part *tears*). I would like a live organ rendition though... organs are cool!

I don't care what is played as long as it's funny and unexpected.

But I'm putting somewhere in my will that whoever does a eulogy has to include the line "In the immortal words of Jack Nicholson playing The Joker: I'm glad you're dead!"

• 1 month later...

This sounds morbid, I really didn't intend it to be, but what songs would you like to play at your funeral? Pick any amount of songs that seem meaningful to you in this context. OR, something to leave 'em laughing- 'Still Alive'?

Mine are all probably just subject to change whenever I start listening to different varieties, but for now:

Frank Sinatra- My Way.

Queen- These Are The Days of Our Lives.

...And that's about the only two I can currently think of. Onto the 'why the hell not?' ones!

Maybe the Timesplitters theme, haha, and Acoustic/Mando's 'Long, Long Way from Equestria' is a nice one.

I'm very sorry if this post brings up any unwanted memories, and I can definitely understand if people don't like death being the subject of what I hoped would be light-hearted. I screw up a lot and wouldn't be surprised if this is another one.

• Brohoof 1

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor, for the lolz

Afterlife - Avenged Sevenfold, for more lolz and to rustle the jimmies of my older family

and probably some Muse song for realsies

(edited)

This one:

Mostly because I want people to cry as much as they can at my passing.

Or this one:

Because of the lyrics "Days go by and still I think of you".

They say that you don't truly die unless you are completely forgotten.

Edited by Chigens
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really want a sad funeral. Or much of a funeral. I don't want the people in my life to dwell too long on me like that. I'll leave it up to my loved ones to determine what they need to get closure, then I want to be cremated. I don't want it to be too expensive, I'd rather my funds be divvied up for use among the living.

but i do demand that the entirety of my booty playlist be played

• Brohoof 1