Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Royal Equestrian Institution for the Sick and Disturbed

WeskerandLoki

The Institution is Open, and the all the fillies and colts have their own little...'quirks'.

See how the doctors will help their beloved patients, before something, or somepony, goes crazy!

The good Doctor Brindle, a kind and helpful Griffon will be your guide on this descent into madness, along with the lovely mute Storm Lily.

Edited by WeskerandLoki

Sound Thought paced his cell in an angry matter, "The moment I get my hooves on that mare!" He continued to speak as more angry thoughts came into his head. He was fully aware that everything he said could be heard, but he just couldn't help it. Each step he took seemed to grow louder, as he recalled what had brought him here. 

~

"Yeah, I managed to get him to sleep. It was hard when poisoning his drink wouldn't work... I warn you though, this one going to be a handful. Just give him this if he gets too crazy."

"Why a chess board?" 

"Beats me, that sounds like a you problem." Sound couldn't feel his hooves, or move his mouth, but he could hear every word that was said. "Might I ask who brought him in?"

*Haha* "When he wakes up tell him Lost Thought, and add 'checkmate' to annoy him."

~

As the time passed he slowly started to calm down and laugh.

"Well sister. If you studied the rules of chess, calling a false checkmate allows your opponent to gain two free turns. Although, for now, my next thought she be directed towards what facility I'm locked in." He continued to think out loud, "The rooms here are a little nicer than any prison, and I didn't here Lost screaming about a reward. Would the attention of the ponies here be the best thing to grab?" He quickly checked himself for his coat, but it was gone. "Above all else, who ever is here really does have my chess set... One hour."

Edited by danzxc123

Doctor Brindle walked past the doors of one of his newest patients, overhearing some chess terms.

He rolled his eyes, jotting a note down.

'Enjoys Chess. Bring up in first meet.'

Walking away, he noticed a pale blue mare standing in the middle of the hall, talking quietly to the wall.

"Miss Lily, I see you have found a new friend." He said, his voice rough, yet soothing.

This startled the young mare, named Storm Lily, making her trot away mumbling.

'Still talking to the ''Dead'', although making small progress' he wrote, as his claws scratched the linoleum floors.

New patients were coming, and he had to meet them one by one, which was going to take all day.

Golden Age still did not understand the nature of his detainment.

He had been brought here a mere 5 hours ago, leaving him to nothing but his thoughts. He did recognize something was wrong with him, the nightmares and flashbacks and the episodes were a clear indicator of that, but he did not feel he deserved to be contained like a madmare. The only thing that made sense to him about this situation is that he was brought here in the winter. He tended to get rather erratic during such times, ever since the war. All he could remember, at least what others had told him, is that he lost it during a training exercise and tried to kill one of his own with anything he could find, a sense of desperation and intense anxiety burdening his mind.

He figured it had something to do with the episode, but besides that, he was utterly clueless as to what this was about.

Brindle walked quickly to his first new patient, a young colt named 'Golden Age'. He read over his file slowly, and sighing, he stepped into his room.

"Good morning. I am Doctor Brindle, and I will the one preciding over your treatment." He said, making sure not to scare the patient.

Golden Age walked over with his head faced low enough to hide his eyes. After getting into talking range, he lifted up his face to reveal that he obviously hadn't had a good nights rest in a long time. "I-I hear stories Doc," he said with a nervous smile, "I hear that these institutions aren't exactly keen for using...let's just say 'painless treatment'. You ain't gonna shock me or anything...aye?" He asked.

Brindle stared, shocked.

"No! Why..why in Equestria would I...Anyone... Do such a thing? This institution is for healing, and nothing more." He said, bewildered at such a thought. He was a doctor, not some mad scientist, and certainly not a monster.

"Trust me, as long as I am your doctor, I will let no harm come to you." He said, his voice coming down to a soothing gravelly tone.

"Now, let us get to buisness... Can you tell me in your own words when this began?"

Edited by WeskerandLoki

Sliver Tiara looked around nervously, it looked like a nice good place.Why am I here? She thought, This is going to be fun, NOT!,Meanwhile, her cutie mark changed into a bat, she quickly looked at it, "NOT AGAIN" she sighed, and looked up to see if someone noticed.

Brindle stared, shocked.

"No! Why..why in Equestria would I...Anyone... Do such a thing? This institution is for healing, and nothing more." He said, bewildered at such a thought. He was a doctor, not some mad scientist, and certainly not a monster.

"Trust me, as long as I am your doctor, I will let no harm come to you." He said, his voice coming down to a soothing gravelly tone.

"Now, let us get to buisness... Can you tell me in your own words when this began?"

Golden Age couldn't help but chuckle at the question, though his smile quickly dissipated as he responded "When what began? The shell shock? If you wish to know, I'd advise taking a seat somewhere" he said in a eerily gaily tone as he sat upon his small bed.

@~Tian_Disharmony~

Storm Lily watched from a distance as a young fillies Cutie mark suddenly changed.

It happened so quickly, it startled her, causing her to bump into the wall. She let out the tiniest squeak and looked back at the filly. As the new patient looked up, Storm turned quickly and pretended to have not seen anything, and instead, looked at a random potted plant.

Golden Age couldn't help but chuckle at the question, though his smile quickly dissipated as he responded "When what began? The shell shock? If you wish to know, I'd advise taking a seat somewhere" he said in a eerily gaily tone as he sat upon his small bed.

Brindle gave the colt a nod, and pulled up a nearby chair, and clicked his pen.

"I am ready, Mr. Age." He said, looking intensly at his patient.

He was ready to learn all he needed to help this colt, and maybe help himself in some way.

(Ooc: Dear lord, excuse me for the utter cheesy spouting from this. Although it does fit Brindle so well.)

Edited by WeskerandLoki

Vokun looked about his cell, yellow eyes flashing. He took a moment to gnaw on his flank, tearing the flesh and letting the cool of regeneration soothe him. He would find the necromancer and kill him, it was the only way to be free of this cursed limbo that was jokingly called "life"

(OOC: 'Tis fine, I've heard worse XD)

"I served in the 3rd & 9th Ponyville Consolidated Volunteers, bearing the rank of 1st Lieutenant. The captain of the regiment died a few days after moving inland, spear through the lungs, leaving me in charge of the 5 companies in the regiment, each containing around 80 to 100 able-bodied stallions. We landed in late spring, early summer, the weather was...bearable most days. Within days of landing we began to encounter resistance They were mostly town militia, but their tenacity was astonishing to all of us. They were militia raised like proper soldiers..."

Golden Age let out chuckle as he smiled eccentrically, his eyes gazing into nothingness as he continued his story.

"Even though we met some petty resistance, the main force was yet to show themselves, thus we were ordered to make camp for the rest of the month and organize and what have you. After a few months of idleness, the cholera set in. I know not how it came upon us, but it did so in force. 20% of our entire Army was wiped out in a few months, it got bad enough to where 80 lads a day were dying. We did move camp several times to attempt to rid ourselves of it, but it followed us. Even when we broke camp to march off, it never fully left us..."

(OOC: I'm not quite done yet, FYI XP)

Edited by ~HistoricallyInaccurate~

Vokun looked about his cell, yellow eyes flashing. He took a moment to gnaw on his flank, tearing the flesh and letting the cool of regeneration soothe him. He would find the necromancer and kill him, it was the only way to be free of this cursed limbo that was jokingly called "life"

Running away from the awkward sitiuation she had put herself in, Storm Lily soon found herself in a dimly lit hall. She could feel a spiritual power oozing from one of the rooms, and she slowly walked up to the door.

She could sence a rage filled soul behind the door, and she felt the urge to speak with it. Maybe she could help it pass on?

"Hello?" She said, her voice soft and sweet, yet cracking from not being used.

Edited by WeskerandLoki

Running away from the awkward sitiuation she had put herself in, Storm Lily soon found herself in a dimly lit hall. She could feel a spiritual power oozing from one of the rooms, and she slowly walked up too the door.

She could sence a rage filled soul behind the door, and she felt the urge to speak with it. Maybe she could help it pass on?

"Hello?" She said, her voice soft and sweet, yet cracking from not being used.

"Ava'yorn, si mi Vokun" Vokun grunted before slamming his hoof into the wall. His family and the afterlife, taken away from him by a stupid mage looking to unlock life and death. "Confn persvek" Vokun finally said, moving out of the way of the door and allowing it to be used

She grinned, but was nervous, "This looks more like a hospital then a hotel, where's the swimming pool father told me about?" she thought out loud. She remembered what she heard when her father read the letter  she saw in the mail, Sliver Tiara, what's wrong with her, besides, that incident.

"Ava'yorn, si mi Vokun" Vokun grunted before slamming his hoof into the wall. His family and the afterlife, taken away from him by a stupid mage looking to unlock life and death. "Confn persvek" Vokun finally said, moving out of the way of the door and allowing it to be used

Storm Lily, slowly opened the door, and peering in, saw that the resident of the room was most certainly NOT a ghost, but a, although odd looking, living stallion.

She stared a few moments, before bowing her head slightly, making her mane fall over her face.

"I didn't mean to disturb you...I just thought..you were...dead..." She said, her voice getting slightly faster with each word, and doing everything not to look at the pony in front of her.

"Si mi, I am" Vokun said before tearing a chunk of his own flesh off to prove it. The flesh regenerated quickly but the blood didn't disappear and continued dripping on the floor. Vokun then looked at the mare, scowling. She looked like all the others who had kept him from his destiny

(OOC: 'Tis fine, I've heard worse XD)

"I served in the 3rd & 9th Ponyville Consolidated Volunteers, bearing the rank of 1st Lieutenant. The captain of the regiment died a few days after moving inland, spear through the lungs, leaving me in charge of the 5 companies in the regiment, each containing around 80 to 100 able-bodied stallions. We landed in late spring, early summer, the weather was...bearable most days. Within days of landing we began to encounter resistance They were mostly town militia, but their tenacity was astonishing to all of us. They were militia raised like proper soldiers..."

Golden Age let out chuckle as he smiled eccentrically, his eyes gazing into nothingness as he continued his story.

"Even though we met some petty resistance, the main force was yet to show themselves, thus we were ordered to make camp for the rest of the month and organize and what have you. After a few months of idleness, the cholera set in. I know not how it came upon us, but it did so in force. 20% of our entire Army was wiped out in a few months, it got bad enough to where 80 lads a day were dying. We did move camp several times to attempt to rid ourselves of it, but it followed us. Even when we broke camp to march off, it never fully left us..."

(OOC: I'm not quite done yet, FYI XP)

Listening carefully, Brindle took small notes, once in a while gasping. He never liked war. It was a horrible, horrible thing. He remember when his father would talk of the Griffon and Dragon wars, for which he had had a large part in. His sacrifice was great, taking both his mind and his flight.

That was the reason Brindle became a doctor. To help people like his father, and the Stallion in front of him. He continued listening to the horrendous yet somehow grand story, his mind picturing every detail.

"Si mi, I am" Vokun said before tearing a chunk of his own flesh off to prove it. The flesh regenerated quickly but the blood didn't disappear and continued dripping on the floor. Vokun then looked at the mare, scowling. She looked like all the others who had kept him from his destiny

Her eyes widened yet again.

"Amazing! What exactly are you? Where are you from? The way you just..just, wow!" She said, excitement taking over.

This was something new, amazing, and dead. But alive. But still dead.

Her mind was wild with questions and ideas and everything that a mare like her could think of.

But first, she finally let out a breath.

"My name is Storm Lily. I am a patient here as well." She said, calming down.

Sliver Tiara looked for a good room to stay at for awhile. She hoped onto the bed and  layed down and fell asleep. She sleep for a while then woke up.Then walked around her room for a while, and sighed. Then she went back on the bed and layed down.She sleep for a while.

Her eyes widened yet again.

"Amazing! What exactly are you? Where are you from? The way you just..just, wow!" She said, excitement taking over.

This was something new, amazing, and dead. But alive. But still dead.

Her mind was wild with questions and ideas and everything that a mare like her could think of.

But first, she finally let out a breath.

"My name is Storm Lily. I am a patient here as well." She said, calming down.

"Si mi fip, tir ti vicot" Vokun answered, wishing he knew more of contemporary Equestrian to talk. He had never bothered to learn th new language as it was painful for him to speak, what with his decaying vocal chords. Which reminded him, it was time to eat

"Si mi fip, tir ti vicot" Vokun answered, wishing he knew more of contemporary Equestrian to talk. He had never bothered to learn th new language as it was painful for him to speak, what with his decaying vocal chords. Which reminded him, it was time to eat

"Are you okay? She said, noticing how it looked painful for him to talk.

"You don't have to speak..." She said, giving him a warm look, before a chilling blast of air came through the room.

"...New arrival..." She said, as a look of gloom washed over her face. Another spirit had joined the masses.

There was one room in the hospital that seemed to have a strange amount of traffic going to it when compared to the other patients. The reason for that being was the pony within said room.

Lautrec was an interesting case to behold, if only because he was one of the few ponies in the building that had to be fully restrained at all times. Wearing a straightjacket and with a muzzle of sorts over his mouth designed more to stop the wearer from biting anyone then to stop them speaking, he never the less sat rather quietly in his padded room, his eyes focused on the window in his door, smiling warmly at those  who peeked through to look at him.

It was almost as if he was waiting for something. 

Stardream sat quitely in her room, eyes moving restly over starcharts and books. She has been in the Institution for a number of weeks, sent there by her mentor Star Gazer... a unicorn astrologer she had trusted in knowing about her talent. Though by now she wondered if it could be called such, the stars had betrayed her as had those that she had told.

Angerly she scattered her books and papers, saying to no one in particularly, "the stars never lied to me, but I can't hear them... do I even want too? I don't know." The medication they gave her kept her calm, kept her from hearing the stars' voices... kept her from the terrors.

There were few ponies that she would consider trusting and even they did not believe her. Some ponies here terrified her, the stars when they could talk to her telling what these ponies would become. One she had been warned to avoid completely, though thankfully he was completely restrained.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

The Royal Equestrian Institution. 

Inkblot stood in front of the hospital door, fully clad in a black attire, a brown messenger bag slinging upon his waist. His mane was combed and parted to one side. He looked formal, making sure not one strand of fur was out of place.

Arrived at the Royal Equestrian Institution, full name the Royal Equestrian Institution for the Sick and Disturbed. Work will begin at five in the afternoon to nine in the evening at weekdays, ten in the morning to eight in the evening on weekends and non-school days. Location in at the end of Tatterstall Road, left of the fourth intersection on Stable Street. Brought here to study and experiment on mental behaviors, rehabilitate patients back into society. Hired three days prior to today. - Inkblot, Ed. D, Psychologist. Written on the –

Inkblot stopped on his writing. He had a case of memory loss; if he didn't jot everything down, he would forget. To others, it was a spout of nonsense; to Inkblot, it was an invaluable memory recall resource. His "memory" journal held his most important events, fully elaborated, and other information, such as his parents' identity, occupation, age difference, and other qualities. 

Inkblot opened the door to the block shaped building. Murals and bright colors on the building's exterior gave out uncertain vibes of positivity. The interior made the building feel smaller than its supposed to be. The walls were in good condition, however, and the theme changed from happiness to calmness, being replaced by light, warm colors; the doors were painted sky blue, the facility members acting casually and brightly. It felt more like a daycare center than a mental institution, though Inkblot surmised that this was how it was supposed to function.

"Excuse me, but are you looking for something?" Inkblot turned around, seeing a smiling receptionist mare.

He couldn't determine if it was actual or fake; it felt a bit unnerving, though he kept his serenity. "Yes, is this the Royal Equestrian Institution for the si –"

"I'm sorry, mister," the mare interrupted, her smile fading briefly. "We don't call it that anymore. It's just the Royal Equestrian Institution. And about that suit of yours" – she pointed to Inkblot's black suit – "we don't allow that here. Black, gray, and red clothing are completely forbidden here. Black and gray are associated with mourning, evil, and death. Red is associated with hostility, aggression, and blood." The mare said the last two sentences venomously, almost as if these words were filled with poison.

Inkblot was somewhat disturbed by the receptionist's actions, and reluctantly unbuttoned his suit, folding it into a square pile. "Es tut mir Leid (I'm sorry)," Inkblot apologized, "Forgive me for my mistakes. I am new here. May I notify Dr. Brindle that I am here?"

The receptionist glared at Inkblot for a second, then flicked a switch. "Dr. Brindle, there is a pegasus stallion at the front door who claims to be hired by you," she announced. "Please come here as soon as possible."

The Royal Equestrian Institution.

Inkblot stood in front of the hospital door, fully clad in a black attire, a brown messenger bag slinging upon his waist. His mane was combed and parted to one side. He looked formal, making sure not one strand of fur was out of place.

Arrived at the Royal Equestrian Institution, full name the Royal Equestrian Institution for the Sick and Disturbed. Work will begin at five in the afternoon to nine in the evening at weekdays, ten in the morning to eight in the evening on weekends and non-school days. Location in at the end of Tatterstall Road, left of the fourth intersection on Stable Street. Brought here to study and experiment on mental behaviors, rehabilitate patients back into society. Hired three days prior to today. - Inkblot, Ed. D, Psychologist. Written on the –

Inkblot stopped on his writing. He had a case of memory loss; if he didn't jot everything down, he would forget. To others, it was a spout of nonsense; to Inkblot, it was an invaluable memory recall resource. His "memory" journal held his most important events, fully elaborated, and other information, such as his parents' identity, occupation, age difference, and other qualities.

Inkblot opened the door to the block shaped building. Murals and bright colors on the building's exterior gave out uncertain vibes of positivity. The interior made the building feel smaller than its supposed to be. The walls were in good condition, however, and the theme changed from happiness to calmness, being replaced by light, warm colors; the doors were painted sky blue, the facility members acting casually and brightly. It felt more like a daycare center than a mental institution, though Inkblot surmised that this was how it was supposed to function.

"Excuse me, but are you looking for something?" Inkblot turned around, seeing a smiling receptionist mare.

He couldn't determine if it was actual or fake; it felt a bit unnerving, though he kept his serenity. "Yes, is this the Royal Equestrian Institution for the si –"

"I'm sorry, mister," the mare interrupted, her smile fading briefly. "We don't call it that anymore. It's just the Royal Equestrian Institution. And about that suit of yours" – she pointed to Inkblot's black suit – "we don't allow that here. Black, gray, and red clothing are completely forbidden here. Black and gray are associated with mourning, evil, and death. Red is associated with hostility, aggression, and blood." The mare said the last two sentences venomously, almost as if these words were filled with poison.

Inkblot was somewhat disturbed by the receptionist's actions, and reluctantly unbuttoned his suit, folding it into a square pile. "Es tut mir Leid (I'm sorry)," Inkblot apologized, "Forgive me for my mistakes. I am new here. May I notify Dr. Brindle that I am here?"

The receptionist glared at Inkblot for a second, then flicked a switch. "Dr. Brindle, there is a pegasus stallion at the front door who claims to be hired by you," she announced. "Please come here as soon as possible."

Brindle hear the call, and after apologizing to Golden Age for having to leave, he made his way to the lobby, his jacket tails and real tail whizzing behind him.

He soon reached the doors, coming upon his new coworker.

"Mr. Inkblot I presume?" He asked, as the receptionist stared at them. He gave her a hard stare, which caused her to turn in her seat.

Edited by WeskerandLoki