Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Royal Equestrian Institution for the Sick and Disturbed

WeskerandLoki

(Sorry for the late post. My mum is being an irritant with the internet.)

Glacier was asleep in the corner of a cold, shadowy cell. The darkness veiled her and the dark blue of her coat rendered her near invisible. A sharp gust of bitter wind blew into her cell.

Her eyes darted open.

They zipped around, trying to gather as much information about her location as possible. The area outside of her cell was light but little was able to enter. She rose to her hooves, the unfamiliar surroundings giving her a small burst of energy.

'Where the hell am I? I know I'm in a cell, but why?'

• 2 weeks later...

"RISE AND SHINE!" David woke with a start, "Ow, Poe! What the heck?" Poe laughed and David got up off the bed. Walking over to the door, he opened it and looked around out side. "Where did every pony go? HELLO!?!?" He walked down the hall to see if he can find anyone at all.

(((Seriously, guys, everyone ok? Where did y'all go?)))

Inkblot was not usually an early bird. It's probably because my circadian rhythm's desynchronized, he at first presumed. But he had never heard of ponies ever having their mental clock desynchronized to an earlier time.

But there he was, sitting idly on the receptionist desk. Inkblot had been there ever since five in the morning. Some of the patients and even the facility members lived in the hospital; he had in fact, however, arrived from his home on hoof.

Inkblot then considered the possibility that his other personality was acting up again. But again, he didn't have a feeling of lost control or deindividualization. Inkblot also never remembered that his secondary personality ever woke up early. It's probably just me, Inkblot guessed.

Yesterday's case was tiring. He had to act as the psychiatrist due to the absence of his partner. It was a PTSD patient. It took him a considerable amount of effort to calm her down and even more to dig into her mind. He smiled, despite all of this tiring work. Maybe the ponies here weren't so bad. Even his secondary personality is calming a bit; it had been twenty eight hours since he last shifted back.

Of course, his idling came to an end as he heard a shout echo throughout the empty lobby. He looked down the hallway. Inkblot paused; he had never expected a pony to awake this early in the morning. Even more surprisingly...it was a patient.

"Everypony's sleeping," Inkblot mouthed, waving his hoof inward. Later, he softly said, "Most of them are asleep."

Vokun never did sleep, there was no need for it. He simply sat there, crying as he remembered his family and the ones who killed them. The wraith was falling apart faster than he would have liked, in less than 6 months, he'd be too weak to hunt down the necromancer

David turned upon hearing the whispering towards a the receptionists desk. "Great job, so you probably just woke the entire asylum." David started walking over to the desk, arguing with Poe and just looking slightly idiotic in his appearance of talking to himself. "This isn't an...you know what, arguing with you is almost impossible. You just won't see logic." "Logic? That's boring. How about a little emotion to mess with your head and create chaos in your antics?" "You're impossible." He reached the receptionists desk and turned to face Inkblot. "Hello there, I don't believe we've met. The name's David. David Pocket." "And Poe" "And Po-...Poe. Haven't I told you not to interrupt me when I'm...talking to...others..." He eyes had lost their focus when he started talking to Poe, but he snapped back to reality and looked up at Inkblot. "Very sorry, I was conversing with...Poe...He's a different side of me. As far as I can gather, he's the chaotic, illogical, emotion based side of me. Problem is, no one can hear him talk, so when he interrupts and I feel the need to reply to him, I look ridiculous." He looked around for a moment, slightly distractedly before returning his attention to Inkblot again. "Anyways, what's your name?"

@

@,

"Well then – good morning, Monsieur David," Inkblot replied, organizing his mane and sitting up straight. "...or Poe."

Inkblot raised his eye; he definitely knew what was going on, and it definitely was not the humorous internal conflict he was seeing in this stallion. It was obvious, at least to the eyes of a pony who have dealt with these patients ever since he had started his psychological career. "So...you may have a conflict with your alternate personality. Or really, DID, also known as dissociative identity disorder, only yours is a variation. Occurring in your head rather than showing your personality directly. Kind of like a tiny pony living in your head."

Inkblot was fidgeting with the pencils in the container now. "So...are you going to tell me about your traumatic experience, hmm?" Inkblot asked. "It's really quite evident. You don't need to hide it."

David smiled. "I would love to, but there's a problem.See, I used to be one of the best espionage agents in the business. Then I had an...experience. I wish I could tell you more." He thought for a moment before an idea popped in to his head. "Ah ha! Princess Luna wrote a letter to the good doctor Brindle, explaining everything to him leaving out the most classified parts. If you could find that letter, I'm sure that could help you." "What happened to Brindle anyways? I haven't seen him...well, we actually haven't met him yet, have we." David looked at Inkblot. "Yes, I actually haven't met Doctor Brindle yet. I've met one of the nurses and a you and some one else, so only the staff. I have yet to meet the good doctor myself. Anyways, yes, I think if you find the letter addressed to brindle, it could explain it safely to you. By safely, I mean that you wouldn't have to disappear do to reading classified information. If you like, I could see if Luna would write another letter for you?"
@

Edited by ~Evil Toa Tahu~

After the upset, Jay had gone to bed and slept deeply. Now tho, she was on one of her usual wanderings around the hospital. She supposed she was meant to stay in her cell, but to her, that would be a mistake. If she stayed in her cell, Jinx got bored. And when Jinx got bored, she wanted to smash things up and Jay wasn't strong enough to stop her. This was best for everypony. Jay wished that one of the doctors would see her, but she figured they were too busy.

David looked up as he saw a pony walking down a hall near the entrance where he was now standing. He squinted for a moment before recognizing her. "Hey Jay!" He shouted before remembering ponies were still asleep. He walked over to her smiling slightly. "Haven't seen you since the demon incident. What happened to you?" 

@@Pripyat Pony

@, Jay looked up and saw David. "Nothing much," she replied. "Just the usual, wandering around the place cuz if I stay in my room, Jinx gets bored and starts trashing it. I wish some doctor would see me, but I suppose they're all too busy with other patients."

Jay was far too shy also to put herself forward and ask a doctor for a session.

David nodded. "Hmm. Well, if you want, you could help me and Inkblot here. We were going to look for a letter that Luna gave me to give to Doctor Brindle. It explains my condition while censoring the more...sensitive information. We just need to find Brindle's office. Want to help?"

@@Pripyat Pony

@

@, "Sure," Jay replied. "It would give me something to do while I wait for a doctor to remember that I'm here and come and see me. I wish that would happen; I'm no closer to a solution now than I was before. Perhaps maybe I could learn to live with Jinx, and work with her... that might be the solution, since I can't lose her from my head."

David nodded. "That's what I had to do with Poe. Though considering he kinda helped save my life, I think I owe him that much." He paused for a beat, lost in memories before seeming to come to his senses. "So, would you happen to have any idea where the good doctor's office may be?"

@@Pripyat Pony

@

Edited by Toa Tahu

@, "I think the doctors' offices are on the first floor," Jay replied, screwing up her forehead as she thought. "Jinx has saved me before, maybe not from death, but from ponies who would hurt me. I'm not really a very confrontational and I hate fighting and I suppose that makes me a target for bullies. But Jinx isn't afraid."

David smiled. Talking about his other half with someone in a way that didn't make him sound insane was nice. "I can't tell you all the details about what happened, kinda classified. And if I did...well, lets just say it wouldn't end well. Anyways, I was being...held in solitary confinement. I was about to go crazy when Poe showed up. He just started talking to me. I knew I probably did go crazy when that happened, but it was nice to have someone to talk to, so I didn't resist talking to him, or listening."