Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2014 FIFA World Cup

Jon the VGNerd

I know you guys aren't into sports and such, but I thought I'd made up a nice thread about the upcoming 2014 FIFA World cup, starting next year from June 12 to July 13, held in Brazil. img-2024554-1-wub.png

One of the most notable events for the upcoming World Cup is Bosnia and Herzegovina (formerly Yugoslavia) will make their debut in the FIFA history for the first time ever after many years of lackluster efforts to qualify their position as an independent nation. But this time, their improvements paid off, allowing the team to set foot in Brazil against 31 other teams from different nations. img-2024554-2-ohmy.png

Also, since Spain won the 2010 FIFA World Cup three years ago, lets see how well they can defend their championship title, unless of course, another formidable team would dethrone them from winning again. img-2024554-3-tongue.png

So, without further ado, feel free to comment on your opinions for the upcoming FIFA event. Also, if you wish to know which of the other 31 teams (aside from Bosnia and Herzegovina) that have qualified for the upcoming World Cup, here they areimg-2024554-4-tongue.png

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd
  • Brohoof 3

Yay! USA made it in! I really hope they pull it off.

The American soccer team sucks compared to a lot of the other teams in this world cup. My favorites are The Netherlands, Spain and Brazil. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to be one of the best World Cups ever. So many strong teams on their best versions! Brazil grew a lot this year, Argentina has a killing front with Messi, Aguero and Higuain, Germany is as tough as always and Spain can't be left for granted even though they aren't at their best. 

I can't waiiiiit

is soccer growing in the USA now? it seems like it to me. I think the US national team will bring alot of surprises in the world cup. they're capable of beating anyone 

Edited by Georgeson

Good Luck USA... you'll need it. That Group G... What death... such competition... Group of Death... 

Honestly, the US can pull it off so long as they can beat Ghana and upset Portugal like they did in 2002... the days of Brian McBride and a young Landon Donovan... damn.

• Brohoof 3

Hopefully this world cup could be interesting next year for England too with really promising talent like Ross Barkley, Andros Townsend and Adam Lallana making good impressions but honestly it may turn out like every tournament we qualify for... Massive build up just to be totally let down when it comes to it. I really hope I'm wrong though!

Good Luck USA... you'll need it. That Group G... What death... such competition... Group of Death... 

Honestly, the US can pull it off so long as they can beat Ghana and upset Portugal like they did in 2002... the days of Brian McBride and a young Landon Donovan... damn.

Indeed, but then there's Germany, one which the US may have some trouble getting through them. As for Portugal and Ghana... it is a Group of Death, because they're facing off against three highly-experienced players and unless they can surprise us, chances of winning two of three matches would be very challenging for the American team. :o

Indeed, but then there's Germany, one which the US may have some trouble getting through them. As for Portugal and Ghana... it is a Group of Death, because they're facing off against three highly-experienced players and unless they can surprise us, chances of winning two of three matches would be very challenging for the American team. :o

As a neutral observer, I agree that it is challenging. But in friendlies, the United States have defeated just as good of a team in Italy and Bosnia and Herzegovina. And they used their strongest teams. 

I also feel that Groups B and D are very interesting. Because of how tough every qualifying team looks here, I feel that this will be the most talented AND most entertaining World Cup we'll see for quite a while.

• Brohoof 1