Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If The Mane 6 Were Background Ponies?

Denim&Venöm

What if at the start of the show, the background 8 (Lyra, BonBon, Vinyl, Octavia, Colgate, Carrot Top, Derpy & The Doctor) became the mane ponies and more importantly, the mane 6 ponies we know were instead background ponies?

How would the fans react to each of the mane 6 as the appeared in the scenery? Who would've gotten the most attention? Who would become the new mascot of the fandom? What would we have named each of the mane 6? Just by appearances, what kind of personality traits and quirks would we have assigned them? And finally, what kind of shippings would we have come up with based on these back ground ponies?

Edited by Denim&Venom

My life would fall apart.

I'd probably be an Octavia fan, too, if that were the case.

Also, I don't think on the same scale as my Rarity-fan level. She's my #1 out of every character ever. Not just saying that, either.

I've never had a Bart Simpson plushie, or a Phoenix Wright dogtag I wear 24/7. Never had so many toys of one character either.

Wonder if I'd even be a Brony...

Without Rarity and Fluttershy, that never would've happened.

Hmph.

I'm going to be tossing and turning all night thinking about this now :okiedokielokie:

if your saying if they did a spin off the main six better be God damn back ground ponies LOL.  At least once or twice.  I don't hear carrot tops name dropped that much, and i don't think i've ever seen colgate on the show,

so lets keep that the back ground six LOL.

Pinkie would find her way into episodes.  she's a force of nature.

but you totally could have rainbow dash flying bye,

flutter shy being cute in the back ground,

twilight in a mayor kinda roll (2-3 lines once a season maybe),

Rarity in the back ground (I had a friend who bearly watches the show thought she was one LOL i shit you not but he's gotten in around season 3)

and apple jack what can i say.

it's not impossible outside of pinkie,

I could totally see pinkie doing double duty.

I think that Pinkie Pie would probably be noticed the most.

I think pinkie pie would end up being main in both groups and would develop narcalipsie, just fall asleep standing up from forgetting to rest.

Just talking full blast 200 miles an hour than wabbeling in place snoring

Derpy "Lets put her hoof in warm water!"

Edited by FNGRpony
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So what I mean in instead of having the current mane 6, a different set of ponies were them and Twilight and such were never the mane 6, so you think that at least one of them would be your favourite background pony, as long as they were recognizable (as in Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy ect) or would you just see them as another background pony? Also which pony do you think it would be?

Bonus question: Is it strange to anyone else that not all animals in equestia can talk? I mean, cows can, ponies can,Buffalo can, Zebra can, dragons can and I can't remember every animal that can talk, but animals such as rabbits, beavers ducks, basically all the animals fluttershy cares for can't?

So what I mean in instead of having the current mane 6, a different set of ponies were them and Twilight and such were never the mane 6, so you think that at least one of them would be your favourite background pony, as long as they were recognizable (as in Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy ect) or would you just see them as another background pony? Also which pony do you think it would be?

Bonus question: Is it strange to anyone else that not all animals in equestia can talk? I mean, cows can, ponies can,Buffalo can, Zebra can, dragons can and I can't remember every animal that can talk, but animals such as rabbits, beavers ducks, basically all the animals fluttershy cares for can't?

that's a good point about none of flutter shys animal friends can talk.

i'm down with the alternative 6.

i think that's lyra, bon bon, derpy, hooves, vinyle, octavia.

this gets all my yes.

ALL OF IT.

honestly if equistral daily tells me anything mlp is the highest rated cartoon 3 times higher than even the number 2 spot,

no reason we can't do a spin off.

My favourite would probably be twilight because i'd be like...SECRET BACKGROUND ALICORN!

followwed by pinkie because she'd stand out.

I think the animals can't talk because most of them are from everfree or have descended from there an there nature takes its course

The only BG characters that really stood out for me were the one's with either unique or ridiculous character designs(like Vinyl Scratch or Cloudchaser), so probably

I think if the Mane 6 were background ponies I could say that Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Lyra, Derpy, Flitter and Cloudchaser, and Dr.Whooves could probably be the Mane 6 as background ponies, maybe.

So what I mean in instead of having the current mane 6, a different set of ponies were them and Twilight and such were never the mane 6, so you think that at least one of them would be your favourite background pony, as long as they were recognizable (as in Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy ect) or would you just see them as another background pony? Also which pony do you think it would be? Bonus question: Is it strange to anyone else that not all animals in equestia can talk? I mean, cows can, ponies can,Buffalo can, Zebra can, dragons can and I can't remember every animal that can talk, but animals such as rabbits, beavers ducks, basically all the animals fluttershy cares for can't?

Hey there Bethielikesponies, just letting you know that I merged your thread asking what if the mane 6 were background ponies with the one we already had here. Before creating a topic, I'd recommend that you scour/search any viable sections to see if it's been made yet or not first. Thanks for your understanding. :)

I think Pinkie and Rainbow would be noticed the most, but I think I would probably notice Rarity because I just love her design. And of the new mane ponies I would be in love with Octavia and Derpy