Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would it be wrong for Spike to have a crush on Twilight?

Champion RD92

(Warning, sarcasm ahead. If you're autistic and can't detect sarcasm you have been warned)

B-b-but OP. All the tweens don't want to date Spike, Spike isn't a jock who plays guitar and is on the football team, Spike doesn't even drive a Camaro, AND he has a personality that would make him compatable with Twilight's bookworm personality.

We clearly need more Flash Sentry so the tween girls can get wet and we can sell more toys while fufilling our desire to turn this into the pretty princess sparkle show, amirite guys?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Hell Patrol

Literally no it wouldn't since they aren't related in any way.

But given the age difference, and how most people regard them as more than they are. sort of..

Overall not really.

But don't go around saying that Spike is "just her assistant." He's a lot more than that and he and Twilight share a bond together like brother and sister, or as Twilight like a mother, since she did hatch him. Besides I really don't think think if Spike was "just an assistant" to Twilight that she would risk her own life to find, save and support him in Dragon Quest nor entrust him with such a vital task as using the Crystal Heart to help defeat King Sombra. 

She'd have done that with ANY of her friends, as shown in pretty much any other episode ever...

Even in the pilot episodes of S1 she was entrusting to her new found friends with her life, and protecting them before she even really knew them.

Spike hasn't had any really special treatment over any other character she considers a friend, other than she uses him as an assistant, and houses/feeds him.

Whether it's morally "acceptable" is completely subjective.

Twilight is Spike's surrogate/adoptive Mom in a way while also showing some implication to being sister-like to him. It's not really wrong but if you think about it most individuals dont fall in love with their mother figures surrogate or otherwise.

As for what everyone is saying about Twilight being a Boss-figure I think their relationship is deeper than that. Spike loves his job and where he is life. He's completely fine doing tasks for Twilight, Rarity, or any other one of his friends and would most like prefer being there. If you asked him he would probably say he's just being a friend rather than a servant/employee.

I wouldn't find it odd if Spike develops a crush on Twilight. She's kind of the only person he really interacts with anyway so it would make sense that he would get romantically confused if he got dumped by Rarity or rejected.

Well it's not like they're related by blood or anything, so I don't see why it would be a problem. I think people think it's wrong because they see Twilight as a Sister/Mother figure for Spike. It'll be a little awkward, but I think that'll probably be as bad as it gets

Edited by Rusty Shackleford

Someone else pointed out, it has to do with what Spike sees her as (and what Twilight sees him as too).

If THEY see each other as relatives, than yeah, it's weird/awkward.

But if they just see each other as close friends and coworkers, then not so much.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think so...

They're not blood-related and I believe they may have made a joke about that in one episode.

I think Twilight's mane gets shaped like Rarity's and Spike looks at her with big hearts in his eyes...unless of course my memory's faulty.

• Brohoof 1

In the show's universe alone, no. The only thing that would make anyone care (other than, 'Spike, wtf bro, why did you stop crushing on marshmallow pony?') is that Twi and Spike's relationship has always been portrayed as a more mother/son or brother/sister kind of thing. Suddenly having a new direction would be out of the blue and strange.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I have to concur with others here and say it's a little weird.  They may not be related by blood, but Twilight's the only "family" Spike has ever known.  It would be odd for him to *not* see him at least as an older sister.

• 2 years later...

Yes..yes it would. romatical yes it be very inpporiate. Twilight his MOM, yeah hatched him so mother not sister. yeah you can bring up Celetia raisd him but still Twi hatched him

Hell the Rarity X spike shippings are creepy cuase yeah a 10-13ish kid rmaance to a what 18 or so mare...