Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

~XCOLIDE~

No love for Octavia?!

shame!

I love Vinyl as an awesome looking character (she is mah fave tbh), but Derpy gets the cute as sin and always trying her best points...

+I love how she's been re-branded as "unnamed pony" over the misguided 2 or 3 soccer moms that claim her name is an insult. They aren't even calling her Ditzy Doo anymore, the dog tag blind bags have her literally labeled as "unnamed pony", and the game always refers to her as "whats-her-name" or something similar :P

Gotta love a cute, lovable, little character that can cause controversy where none exists! :P

Should add a poll up there

• Brohoof 1

Not only is Derpy the best background pone, but also the best pone overall, so for that reason alone I'd have to pick her, but I also happen to dislike DJ "Vinyl Scratch" Pon-3 intensely.
Derpy wins. No contest.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

It's obviously Sea Swirl, if not Quickfix or Lyra.

Heh.. quickfix for Lyra.. That reminds me of the little mini figures I was looking at.. Had Octavia and Lyra with some other pony.

Except the other pony was just some random thing with Lyra's CM, and Lyra was just a repainted Rarity with her cutie mark.... I like Octy, but not enough to blow $8 on a set with her as the only pony actually worth calling anything but a generic hack job... not for under an inch in size anywho.

obviusly Octavia... if i have to chose beetwin those 2 i will always be with Derpy... keep your noise Vinyl smile.png

bte those are my favs

136846599507.jpg

i gotta say vinyl. she appeals to me more since she's also a audiophile and she has some amazing fanfics starring her :3

WHAT???? THIS IS AN OFFENCE! I'M A REAL AUDIOPHILE! Btw no seriusly.. those things that she plays isn't music... an Audiophile is a person like me that want to play music without harming distrosion, playing esactely the way the artist meant it to be played, thus using vintage vacuum tube amplificators and stuff... electronic music isn't music... where i work i can hear the same thing that you can hear in a disco standing nearby a broken motor!!! Hpw can she be an audiophile blasting music out of speakers like a weapon? music should resonate with the listeners hear, bringing musical notes to the brain.. just like Beatles or Zeppelin... blasting music caring only about Watts (power) isn't an audiophile thing.. it is the exactely opposite angry.png  and she use Vynil disc not because of the warmer sound (i have a collection of vintaga vynil discs... for instance i have Abbey Road of Beatles... i love that LP), she uses them just to Scrath them!!! THE HORROR!! THE HORROR!!! ARGHH!!!  msg-8308-0-76652000-1382912179.png (sorry for the rage btw :( it is just that people don't understand that also playing music is an art..)

Edited by Doc. Volt

WHAT???? THIS IS AN OFFENCE! I'M A REAL AUDIOPHILE! Btw no seriusly.. those things that she plays isn't music... 

This is why I avoid the fanfics and such...

In the show she's just the DJ that plays something for the scene.

In the fanfics she's some twisted hack job of a "dubstepper" that just rehashes things like any other of the sort.

"Dubstep" makes for good dance mixes, but on its own its "meh" to trash.

Techno on the other hand.. oh wait, they've long since lumped them together... bas.......

I'd rather see Vinyl turn out to be more along the lines of Daft Punk than deadmou5e or whatever it is.

Then again.. maybe older DP... not sure about the modern....

I like the awesome she is on her own without the obscene back drop she's been given.

Tis why I desperately hope that she is not the "other" that is supposed to sing in S4 alongside Luna....

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

@@Doc. Volt,

the post you created raging at me is intirely based upon YOUR opinions.

some examples of this:

electronic music isn't music

those things that she plays isn't music

if you try to make a point, please don't talk bad things about a music genre that is loved by millions and millions around the planet. 

because what you just wrote, was downright offensive to me.

Edited by repsol rave

I'm starting to see that this is quickly becoming debate pit material here. XD

So hopefully I'll take it back to the simple question. I like Derpy more. I feel that the fanfics have portrayed her much better than Vinyl, and she is much cuter. I mean come on! Look at those glowing golden eyes! :derp:

In a side note: I hate how all the "alternate" mane 6 are portrayed as all in a relationship with eachother. Dunno why, but it bothers me really bad.

((Also don't note that my signature has such a relationship. I simply asked for them to be on an adventure or something cute and this is what I got. XD I love it to death though so don't say anything.))

Edited by Bronyette

I'm starting to see that this is quickly becoming debate pit material here. XD

So hopefully I'll take it back to the simple question. I like Derpy more. I feel that the fanfics have portrayed her much better than Vinyl, and she is much cuter. I mean come on! Look at those glowing golden eyes! derpy_emoticon2.png

Didn't need the fics for that :P derpy has had that portrayal in her little appearances here and there throughout :P

Then again, wonder how much of it was based on the fan works... the writers better be weary of what they use in that regard, its a dangerous path to allow the fans to control the show... Just ask george lucas how that worked out for him...

• Brohoof 1

@@Doc. Volt,

the post you created raging at me is intirely based upon YOUR opinions.

some examples of this:

if you try to make a point, please don't talk bad things about a music genre that is loved by millions and millions around the planet. 

because what you just wrote, was downright offensive to me.

i'm sorry, i wasn't raging to anyone in particualr, now i see that i've been to much idiot and selfish and i'm sorry, please accept my excuses if you can

• Brohoof 2

In all honesty, like I said before, I don't like Derpy nor Vinyl.

I extremely hate dubstep and electro-music. I don't like how they're using machinery and such to replace classical instruments. Since that's what Vinyl is, I don't like her. She's also overrated; she is one of the least appearing background ponies in the show, yet she gets the most fame. Also, I'm getting sick of this "DJ OC" thing.

Derpy is also overrated. Basically, just because she has two uncoordinated eyes, she automatically gains fame. She's also seen as a victim of teasing or bullying or an outcast, which is not true. People in real life have eyes like Derpy's, yet they live perfectly normal lives, nor are they clumsy to an extreme. I don't why the fandom is showing her life that, Derpy isn't supposed to be that way. As a background pony, we're supposed to give her a real personality and character, not use these eyes as an excuse for it.

The reason I give Lyra credit is because she's a long term background pony, appearing in almost every episode, sometimes doing some really unusual actions. I also like her mane style (Derpy's is similar, but her personality and fame is just ridiculous), and the fandom is at least less obnoxious about her.

Edited by Cartophile
  • Brohoof 1