Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies and "Bros"

skylights

You know the Bro type of person - goes to sports bars every weekend, acts like he's still in high school (assuming he isn't), has childish views of what's cool or not, etc, etc... (sorry if I'm stereotyping here, just trying to clarify the kind of generic person I'm talking about).

Now, I've seen a lot of people who take the 'bro' part of brony and think that to be a brony you have to be a bro, otherwise you're just a guy/girl who likes to watch My Little Pony.

This is about the farthest thing from me or any bronies I know. But from what I've seen on the matter from nonbronies (which is  admittedly little because I like to avoid haters), this seems to be a common idea. So I thought I'd see if anypony here has any thoughts on the matter.

Do you think being a brony implies that somepony is a bro? Do you know many bronies who ARE bros? Ever heard anypony make the comparison before?

Now, I've seen a lot of people who take the 'bro' part of brony and think that to be a brony you have to be a bro, otherwise you're just a guy/girl who likes to watch My Little Pony.

Um, I've never ever heard anyone say this or think this in my entire life...

Not sure who you heard this from...

Um, I've never ever heard anyone say this or think this in my entire life...

Not sure who you heard this from...

Just people I know, not like blogs or news sites or whatever.

Maybe I just know lunatics though.

I have never really heard anyone say that. You don't have to act like the stereotypical version of "bro" just to be a brony or anything. Besides, I think of "bro" as a friend or companion, not someone who goes out to bars and acts like a party animal and such.

• Brohoof 1

You know the Bro type of person - goes to sports bars every weekend, acts like he's still in high school (assuming he isn't), has childish views of what's cool or not, etc, etc... (sorry if I'm stereotyping here, just trying to clarify the kind of generic person I'm talking about).

This is about the farthest thing from me or any bronies I know. But from what I've seen on the matter from nonbronies (which is  admittedly little because I like to avoid haters), this seems to be a common idea. So I thought I'd see if anypony here has any thoughts on the matter.

Do you think being a brony implies that somepony is a bro? Do you know many bronies who ARE bros? Ever heard anypony make the comparison before?

Yeah, I've never heard that. and also, overwhelmingly almost all Bronies don't fit the bill for 'bro' as you described. Though I kinda took personal offense to your definition of bro.... huh.png

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I've never heard that. and also, overwhelmingly almost all Bronies don't fit the bill for 'bro' as you described. Though I kinda took personal offense to your definition of bro.... huh.png

hehe, couldn't come up with a good way to describe it without going on and on and on and on and on :3

I'm glad it's only my weird people though. I was getting a little concerned.

I have never really heard anyone say that. You don't have to act like the stereotypical version of "bro" just to be a brony or anything. Besides, I think of "bro" as a friend or companion, not someone who goes out to bars and acts like a party animal and such.

Pretty much this. Bros == good. Otherwise I've been insulting my close friends all this time and vice versa.

But OP, you might be thinking of chavs instead.

• Brohoof 1