Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do ponies live to be?

Lady Rarity Pony

Personally, I think they live about as long as we do. Maybe a little longer because of their healthier lifestyles. The Alicorns have extremely long lifespans, but I don't think they are immortal.

I would have to agree. If there was a time before Celestia and Luna, they must have been born, and therefore are most likely not immortal. Now, if they were linked directly to the sun and moon, they would probably be immortal, but they are just so immensely powerful that they can control them. Regular ponies, I would estimate to live slightly longer than humans.

Luna and Celestia must've had parents once in their lifespans, otherwise how would they be where they are now? Unless they were "born" by some other means, but they must still have had somepony to take care of them whne they were young.

As for regular ponies, since Granny Smith was rather old when AJ was still a young filly, they must have a lifespan slightly longer than the one of humans.

Earth, Pegasus and Unicorn ponies: probably around 70-100 years. Maybe Granny Smith is going on her 111th birthday?

Alicorns: Most likely like that of the Numenor (again LOTR reference) up to about 1000 years. And maybe Celestia and Luna are immortal since they are connecting to the cycles of day and night.

Ponies don't die, they stop aging once they become elderly.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqRhJm9y6N8

Why is That A Refference from Halo...( Not The Video But Your Text... Edited by Quan Marrero

Unless they DO all live forever, like Celestia. The world of Equestria clearly works differently from other worlds, so it really isn't all that out of line to think that it could be a plausible theory.

Since we are going with a fictional show where humans are replaced with ponies, I would say that these ponies will live to about our average lives...

I would say unicorns live the longest *aside the alicorns* depending on their connection to magic. Magic on a basic form is known to leave a strong essence that can last a very long time, so depending on how strong with magic a pony may be, they may live longer... such as I would say Twilight will probably live out all of her friends *aside from Spike of course*

Well like everyone else is saying, this is basicly like real life but with ponies.

So wouldn't they live an average life span?

I'd say so. That's what I've always thought.

i just noticed this, but when Rarity is recalling how she got her cutie mark and its that show, I see Bon Bon and all those people looking the same as they do now. Also, when Applejack is telling of when she was just a little filly, Granny Smith looks the same? It might not be just Celestia and Luna who are immortal.

(edited)

Well the alicorns like Clestia and Luna definitely seem to be immortal. As for the ponies themselves it's never been explicitly stated whether they die or not. Granny Smith clearly has aged so it's possible but it's something we may never know -_-

But considering we don't see ancient ponies, chances are they live to around standard human age.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

Twilight has an anvil, a cart full of hay, and a piano dropped on her head from a substantial height, and miraculously makes a full recovery. No scratches, bruises or scars whatsoever.

I how no clue how the hell pony physics and biochemical processes work over in Equestria, but i sure the same principals applied over here, minus the whole monstrous gender imbalance situation.