Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zecora *Spoilers*

Mywas

That is a good question. Zecora probably noticed what was going on after she was leaving her hut in the Everfree Forest. She came in at the right time, and she was probably gathering materials for the strange occurrence.

It's an illuminati conspiracy

<.<

>.>

Okay maybe not...but yeah...she obviously knew something

Maybe she knows about dark magic because she dabbles a bit (or used to)?

Something taboo like that would explain why she like to be secluded from the rest of pony society...to avoid collateral damage or authorities pursuing her for practicing it back in her homeland?

Even if that isn't the case, it would be interesting to find out how she knows this stuff.

I hope the writers never explain. Anything canon would have to be appropriate for small children, and I think the speculations are better. In truth I would like to know where the Alicorn potion came from. Some ancient relic or secret recipe, perhaps.

Zecora has her sources. :) It wouldn't surprise me if she's in contact with Princess Celestia somehow. She is very knowledgable about metaphysical events and she can execute fairly sophisticated spells using just herbs and potions. For a non-unicorn/non-alicorn, Zecora must be one of the strongest magic practioners in Equestria. She also has the potential to be a formidable villain if she ever turns heel too.

• Brohoof 1

Not only did she have a magic milkshake, but a rhyme to go with it. img-2029433-1-KUbAnTY.png

Does she think them up before she says them?

Is she permanently cursed by poison joke?

Hrrm.

A rarity fan trying to persecute a zebra.  I might have known.  HMPH! 

(i've been waiting for ever to say that ^^).

Um, maybe zercora has some kind of fortune telling, scying ability.

Now if i had to be tiny bit nitt pickie,

discord like heath ledgers joker is well,

for a master of chaos, he's a little to on the ball so to speak.

Zecora has her sources. smile.png It wouldn't surprise me if she's in contact with Princess Celestia somehow. She is very knowledgable about metaphysical events and she can execute fairly sophisticated spells using just herbs and potions. For a non-unicorn/non-alicorn, Zecora must be one of the strongest magic practioners in Equestria. She also has the potential to be a formidable villain if she ever turns heel too.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with all of these points that Zecora has quite the bevy of mysterious powers and resources at her disposal, along with a great deal of knowledge of magic and magical arts, but I'm sorry, that potion today was wayyyyyyyy too convenient even for her.  I loved the flashback potion itself, that thing was awesome, but Zecora having it just on her like that was wayyyyyyyy too convenient, plus she explained it TERRIBLY!!!  I mean, maybe I missed something when I saw the stream that I'll catch when I rewatch it, but all I heard her say to Twilight was that she had to turn it from purple to white in order to do... something, she didn't really even explain that.  She didn't explain how to turn it from purple to white (so I have no idea how the buck Twilight managed to pull that off), she didn't explain what that would do exactly other than give them the answers they sought (maybe?), she didn't explain what it did as it was when it was purple (cause it had to do something when it was purple, right?), and perhaps most importantly of all, she didn't explain what the buck she was doing with a half completed potion that could only specifically be completed by alicorn magic and, as far as I can tell, was specifically designed for... flashback purposes?  Yeah, everything about that potion besides what it actually did was just a complete mess, including anything Zecora said about it, and it was probably my least favorite plot point in both episodes.  Ah well, hopefully Zecora has some appearances this season that make more sense than that did! happy.png

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Don't get me wrong, I agree with all of these points that Zecora has quite the bevy of mysterious powers and resources at her disposal, along with a great deal of knowledge of magic and magical arts, but I'm sorry, that potion today was wayyyyyyyy too convenient even for her.  I loved the flashback potion itself, that thing was awesome, but Zecora having it just on her like that was wayyyyyyyy too convenient, plus she explained it TERRIBLY!!!  I mean, maybe I missed something when I saw the stream that I'll catch when I rewatch it, but all I heard her say to Twilight was that she had to turn it from purple to white in order to do... something, she didn't really even explain that.  She didn't explain how to turn it from purple to white (so I have no idea how the buck Twilight managed to pull that off), she didn't explain what that would do exactly other than give them the answers they sought (maybe?), she didn't explain what it did as it was when it was purple (cause it had to do something when it was purple, right?), and perhaps most importantly of all, she didn't explain what the buck she was doing with a half completed potion that could only specifically be completed by alicorn magic and, as far as I can tell, was specifically designed for... flashback purposes?  Yeah, everything about that potion besides what it actually did was just a complete mess, including anything Zecora said about it, and it was probably my least favorite plot point in both episodes.  Ah well, hopefully Zecora has some appearances this season that make more sense than that did! ^_^

Only alicorn magic could turn it purple to white. Cause their magic is the only powerful enough magic. Plus guys remember its a kids show! Do they really have to have Steven King writing? They must have good writing but not 100% reason why Zecora showed up! Plus Zecora has many brews! I think she would save something THAT valuable.

Only alicorn magic could turn it purple to white. Cause their magic is the only powerful enough magic. Plus guys remember its a kids show! Do they really have to have Steven King writing? They must have good writing but not 100% reason why Zecora showed up! Plus Zecora has many brews! I think she would save something THAT valuable.

No, no, no, no, no, you mistake what I was getting at.  I mean, yeah, I get that alicorn magic was the only magic powerful enough, it's just, she didn't say "use this spell to turn it (blank)", she just said turn it from purple to white, no explanation how to do so.  But again, I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill here; did I think it was silly and nonsensical, yes, but did it ruin the S4 premiere for me, buck no!  I loved the premiere, and this was just one particularly silly plot hole that stuck out to me, but considering EVERYTHING they threw into this episode I can let something little like that slide.  But still, I think it's quite silly. laugh.png

• Brohoof 1

No, no, no, no, no, you mistake what I was getting at.  I mean, yeah, I get that alicorn magic was the only magic powerful enough, it's just, she didn't say "use this spell to turn it (blank)", she just said turn it from purple to white, no explanation how to do so.  But again, I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill here; did I think it was silly and nonsensical, yes, but did it ruin the S4 premiere for me, buck no!  I loved the premiere, and this was just one particularly silly plot hole that stuck out to me, but considering EVERYTHING they threw into this episode I can let something little like that slide.  But still, I think it's quite silly. :lol:

mkay! Sorry! I just wanted so try and help fix your problem! Well not problem more like um.. I can't describe it but still you know what I mean!
  • Brohoof 1

mkay! Sorry! I just wanted so try and help fix your problem! Well not problem more like um.. I can't describe it but still you know what I mean!

No I get it, you thought this was something that took away from my enjoyment of the episode, and you didn't want that.  After all, us bronies don't like it when we see that other bronies didn't enjoy certain aspects about an episode and we try to rectify it in case they missed something, nothing wrong with that at all. smile.png

she seems to know a lot about alicorns and dark magic, and how the hell did she get that milkshake?

she had it because season 3 was short on rhyming zebras so they're making up for it in season 4

I bet she made it. I imagine she has a book of recipes and they say what the potions are good for

as to why there's an alicorn dependent potion, I have no idea. there were just 2 of them not that long ago