Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stereotypes you HATE!

Hi Hi Puffy YumiMiko

Never heard of that stereotype before but that's not to say it doesn't exist.

I hate the stereotype that teenagers are all angst-filled and impolite. I try and smile at people when I walk past people in the street or hold doors open for people even if they're a fair distance away just like (as my grandma always says) 'you did in the olden days.' I mean, most teenagers act like fucking ignorant idiots and give the rest of us a bad name.

• Brohoof 9

I dislike stereotypes in general: whether they be stereotypes involving gender, race, interests, beliefs, or even lifestyles.

It is partly because of this I have been resist towards Rainbow Dash being lesbian. So what if she is an athlite, a tomboy, has a rainbow mane? That means little unless one goes into stereotyping and there's also the fact that Rainbow Dash originally had a pink coat with a blue mane and tail. Lauren Faust wanted Rainbow Dash to be her favorite character of the original G1... Firefly. Yet because of copyright issues she couldn't have this so she put Firefly's personality into Rainbow Dash's body (very girly character I might add).

That's just one example of how stereotypes play out but I don't really like.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

Mexicans love very spicy foods. As a Mexican myself, I heavily dislike spicy food. SO PLEASE STOP SERVING ME THEM!!!!!

Edited by Rusty Shackleford
  • Brohoof 1

-Women can't drive.
-All Muslims are terrorists.
-Finns are alcoholic, depressed, anti-social, and generally speaking unpleasant people.
-All Britons talk with a south-eastern, Estuary accent.
-All Bronies are cloppers (I am one, but I still hate the stereotype)
-Bronies are neckbearded, trilby-wearing, video game-playing, no-life faggots who listen to nothing but crappy club music, and bad remixes, and still dwell in their mothers' basements well into their adulthoods.
-All Bronies are virgins.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 11

• All Americans are ignorant morons.

Only white people can be racist. (I've heard several people actually say this before in real life. This one really pisses me off.)

People who live in Minnesota, USA have an obnoxious Fargo accent.

All bronies are clop obsessed, fedora wearing virgins.

All bronies are gay.

• Brohoof 6

Many stereotypes are pretty awful.

Occasional ones are funny because everyone knows they aren't true. If you legitimately believe it, you're very gullible or very sheltered.

Like from Ms. Congeniality...

"This is Texas!! Everyone owns a gun!! My FLORIST owns a gun!!"

Yes lots of people in Texas own guns.

But the statement is false, as demonstrated by myself. I live in Texas, and I do not own a gun. But the line is still hilarious.

So is when my mom was a kid, fresh out of Texas, moved to Virginia for a while, and managed to convince every sheltered goof around her that her family owned a ranch with 50 head of cattle, and they had oil field money, and she rode a horse to school. All that great stuff. XD

The problem starts when stereotypes are not only negative, but lots of people believe them to be fact without exception.

I really hate the stereotype that Southerners are stupid/ignorant/racist/etc.

"Southerners" can also be replaced with "Christians" (or any other religious belief, but Christians seems to be the most common).

Do stupid, ignorant, racist people exist? ABSOLUTELY!!

But they exist in every single race, nation, religion, and philosophy on EARTH.

• Brohoof 1

-That women can't drive

-That all women have to be delicate and sweet.....I'm not delicate but I can be sweet...Like seriously I'm a hunting, bow fishing, Jeep riding redneck, thats like the least delicate thing out there...Sorry lol my rant is over now

• Brohoof 4

-All emos cut themselves

-If you're depressed you're dangerous

-All southerners are uncivilized

-All gays are extremely feminine

-All Christians are like the Westboro Baptist Church

-All Americans have extreme opulence

-African Americans are dangerous people

-If you're democrat, you're a pacifist

-If you're republican, you're rabid

Just a shortened version of my list

• Brohoof 4

-Everything that is racist. (There is waaaaaaaaay too many of them)

-Every stereotype including the word gay. (We don't judge anymore, that debate ended before I was born)

-Teenage guys being rude, gameaddicted shets. (I am nawt rude.... just a little bucking lazy)

-Anything sexist. (It is 2013 dawg)

-Christians being stupid. (Almost all my friends are christians, mock them and I will kick your flank to the moon!)

• Brohoof 2

-Bronies are mentally-disabled, pedophiliac nazis (GOD, that stereotype makes me want to smash something)

-Sci-Fi fans are nerds (I experience that in school)

-Women are "dumbasses in distress" (My GF gets that in school)

-12 year old boys are immature shits (seriously?!)

• Brohoof 2

I just hate stereotypes in general so it is hard to narrow down a few, some of them have a little bit of truth to them but don't tell anywhere close to the whole story and don't apply to everyone in said group equally. The stereotypes that are starting to get on my nerves a bit more since watching MLP are the gender ones like "ponies are for little girls" or the whole macho man stereotype. One that has long gotten on my nerves but seems acceptable for some reason is the one where where people and only white people are capable of being racist which if you pay attention to history especially recent history in Africa, the middle east and part of Asia is simply not the case.

• Brohoof 1

Every single stereotype that is not used by the people who are stereotyped themselves as a ironic joke I would say is pretty bad, as it is major generalization of entire groups of people based on a misguided and hateful belief that everyone is the same based on their "category". Personally I like the stereotype about Norwegians being vikings who play Black Metal while riding dragons because it's so obviously detached from reality, but if someone where to claim I live in a hut in the forest without electricity I would metaphorically smack them in the face.

Other major stereotypes that I see way too often and that I hate are:

-"All gay men are flamboyant and all gay girls are hyper-masculine"

-"All minorities have only one trait based on their ethnicity"
-"All Muslims are terrorists, and everyone who don't believe in Christ are evil"
-"Everyone who have a left wing political view are rooting for North Korea and Stalin"
-"Women suck at the things men are good at and are only good at shallow stuff like fashion"
-"All Emos and Nu-Metal fans do nothing but cut themselves and whine without justification or reason for it"

Edited by Nightmare Lyre
  • Brohoof 3

- Pink is a girly color and should only be viewed so and whoever likes it either a girly-girl, or a total gay faggot.

- That 'retardation' signifies all mentally disabled people.

- That cats are mean and are too violent. (Pretty much everyone in Oregon I've met thus far...) 

- That bronies are all 40-year-old guys. (Seriously, do your homework, people. Bronies are almost always kind, inspiring, creative young men barely out of their teens or in their teens who are off to college or in college and very much have lives and friends.)

- That bronies are too hostile and forceful to non-fans. (Believe me, I haven't witnessed any brony yet that has acted this way.)

- Germans are typically Nazis.

- That all bronies are ugly and lonely.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I would say most stereotypes amuse me. I find it humourous at times when I see people who resemble the stereotype placed upon their ethnicity.

That being said, I don't actually believe in stereotypes and I consider it a problem when people do. My opinion on stereotypes is the result of the Derpy Hooves controversy; I find that there are people who either get offended far too easily or are overly sensitive about things.

Though there is one thing I'll say that I'm tired of seeing; the portrayal of the Americans as the heroes and the Russians as the villains in various medias is a cliche. I'm interested in seeing something different, or perhaps even a reversed role. Whenever I see Russians being portrayed as the enemy, I always think, "Okay Russia. What did you do this time?"