Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has What You've seen in Season 4 so far changed your opinion on Twilicorn?

Forlong

68 users have voted

1. 1. After season 4, what is your opinion of Twilicorn?

• I like the idea!
    • I'm on the fence.
    • Still worried about it.

Well royalty is in a way above other ponies. this show is not our world. its a world with a Monarchy therefore becoming a princess means you are the ruling class. about here being the same just with wings I think as the show goes on that will change. please remember twilight needs to learn her magic by study and practice (except when the plot needs to pull a spell out of its flank!)

• Brohoof 1

think of it more as proving ones divine right to rule!

The alicorn form is just the outward proof of that divine right.

so in theory anyony could become "the master race".

and you must remember that this is a monarchy not a democracy.

Ps.

very fun and interesting debate. thanks much!

Edited by Noodles
  • Brohoof 1

Well, yes, but pretty minor, I was already just kinda neutral on her, i didn't really feel i had enough for either way. And now i'm kinda moved to, it doesn't worry me anymore, although its not like i'm in love with it, its i guess technically still neutral, i just have no worries really that it'll work out fine from what i've seen.

Really twilight feels the same to me, the wings don't really bother me one way or the other. Whether they'll make her better is really the next question for me i guess. I can't say that i feel like its made her better, its just not changed her really to me.

I suppose it opens up some cool episode ideas and what not.

• Brohoof 1

I was always excited for Twilicorn and don't believe in that stereo type that alicorns are Mary Sues (perfect in everyway). They aren't they are just ponies that have special abilities, talents or duties. This season is defiently giving me hopes that alicorns will no longer have as much as a bad rep by the MLP community. At least I hope.

• Brohoof 1

I also should say that I'm not worried about alicorn Twilight ruining the show or anything like that, though I don't like the idea of alicorn Twilight. And I'm certainly not on the fence. Could you edit the poll?

• Brohoof 1

I am fully on the side that supports alicorn Twilight Sparkle, my most sincere wish was that the episode "Magical Mystery Cure" was handled better, with slower pacing and exposition, it should have been a two parter like "The Canterlot Wedding", and like that episode it could have more conflict and resolution, to keep us invested in the story, and slightly more humour to keep it light hearted. Princess Twilight Sparkle maybe an alicorn, but she is still the same as though she is an unicorn, she is the lovable geek and socially awkward pony we come to love, and the première depicted that quite well, it's nice to see continuity, plus see her taking charge of Equestria has showed us that Twilight Sparkle has matured, and is trying to take her position seriously, as such Twilight Sparkle is quite a leader, from season one to the present, we have seen her take command of specific situations, so it seems fit that see would take those hard taught lessons, and have some pay off which came in form of princess and wings, Twilight earned that with the help of her friends, and I would support Princess Twilight Sparkle, in the same way the mane six and the rest of Equestria does.         

• Brohoof 1

In Magical Mystery Cure I was like ''God dammit, Twilight's now a shi*ty alicorn?'' and now I'm having second thoughts. I loved the Season 4 beginning two parter and without Twilicorn that episode wouldn't have existed so I thank Twilicorn for that.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with the opinions that MMC should have been a two parter, though I loved all the songs from it and didn't get tired of hearing ponies breaking out into song. Celestia's song gave me chicken skin, oooooh.

Um, but as far as Twilicorn goes, I never really had a problem and I think it will be interesting seeing her development with the new responsibilities and such that she will have to deal with from now on. Being a unicorn with exceptional magical talent under the tutelage of Celestia herself is one thing, but to all of a sudden have all the responsibilities of being an alicorn and therefore a princess? It's gonna be a bumpy ride. Well maybe not all the responsibilities as she's still new to the whole thing, but still. New responsibilities. And more things expected of her. That's gonna be a lot of pressure. I do have slight concern over how the writers will handle her development, but I'm confident in them. They've been doing pretty well so far.

And the bucking box is driving me crazy, I wanna know what the hay is inside it already gah. Um, sorry...

• Brohoof 1

Not especially, no. The idea of her becoming an alicorn or a princess never particularly appealed to be even before it happened, when it did happen people told me to wait to judge it, and I'm still not the biggest fan now that I've seen it in action. I never thought it'd change the show for the worse, overall, which is why the poll doesn't really have an option that reflects my opinion. I'm not worried about Alicorn Twilight. I acknowledge that it has the potential to give the writers new things to do with the show and her character, I just dislike the idea.

The reason for this is that I dislike it when the show seems to single out Twilight as uniquely special. I like her, but I like her much less when she is treated as the main character. I don't really see her as more interesting than any of the other Elements of Harmony, and it's a little annoying to me when they're pushed more into the background to give Twilight a chance to shine. As far as I'm concerned, the show has focused on her more than enough already, and having big storylines centered around her doesn't really help me enjoy them. But I'm definitely in the minority on this opinion, and I've accepted that it's something that I'm going to have to live with.

I also can't help but feel less connected to her than before. This began far before she sprouted wings, but I can't help but feel that this won't help her show the aspects of her character that I enjoyed most.

• Brohoof 2

I'm starting to see a familiar trend with fans of this show, honestly: overreacting to 'big changes' made on the show. When Derpy was featured with a line in an episode, everyone freaked out. The same thing happened with Equestria Girls, and now this. Yet, funnily enough, every time has turned out fine. I think the fandom's weakness is their inability to relax and take things as they go.

I admit, I was a bit put off by the idea, but it wasn't because she was becoming a princess. I was irritated because the season three finale was awful in my opinion. That finale convinced me that season four was going to be exactly like that, and it really, really bothered me. The season three finale was so rushed and poorly done, it seems like they wrote it as a series finale, rather than one for the season. Perhaps this is due to the fact that at the time the show was undecided as to whether it would continue or not, but still, I don't see that as a good excuse.

For instance, what if it had been the series finale? What kind of outlook and final impression would an episode like that leave on the fans of the show? I understand that some people liked it, I really do, but I can't ever agree with those people. The show has produced better quality finales and episodes in general, and I think they were far more than capable of doing the same for season three.

Here's hoping season four turns out to be just as awesome as its premiere!

• Brohoof 4

Yeah... I... Just... Well... Yeah.  :okiedokielokie:  I was sceptical at first, but I'm really glad they haven't made too big of a faff about it. Still not over the oon about it, but it doesn't irk me, its just a thing that is there.

At first I was very against the whole thing. I didn't want them to change Twilight's personality. Then when I watched MMC I was a little more impressed (I loved the musical numbers; Celestia's song omg) but as it was so rushed I didn't have time to adjust. Once I watched the start of the fourth series though, I realised that everything was going to be fine. I think Twilight is great as an alicorn, she suits it now. She still has all the same little quirks that make her wonderful and it's been some good character development for her.

I'm hoping in agreement that Twilight will have a place of her own ya but somewhere much closer to Ponyville so she can be close to her friends. The new season has defiently opened my eyes to the ideas they are coming up with. Gut tells me that alot of lessons in leadership will be learned here this season!

• Brohoof 1

I can see on the very last mlp episode twilight takes over for Luna and celestia

Rarity opening a shop in Canterlot and or marrying a prince.

Rainbow dash working full time for the wonder bolts

Apple Jack I guess doing what she is now?

Pinkie Pie opening her own Party supply and party advice store?

Flutter Shy probably Opening a Pet shop and or starting up a support group for the terminally Shy.

Agreed, I think Twilight should not be living in Canterlot :C She should be with her friends back in Ponyville

she Pretty much dose now or commutes to ponyvill when she can get away.