Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever been in the Deep Web?

Grtxkkyz

Out of sheer curiosity, have you ever been someday in the infamous Deep Web?The so-called evil side of the internet,where hidden dangers abound. What was your experience like and how did you feel?

I'll assume that you're talking about .onion sites.

It's shit. A lot of CP and drugs. There are pretty interesting sites for information there though. Think wikileaks on crack, although I doubt that most of the info is reliable. Also ISIS. ISIS everywhere.

I promise you all that you are not missing anything. It's not some sooper sekret klub. It's just a bunch of websites that are much harder to monitor because proxies.

Edited by Twiggy

Nope, no can do sugarcube. Way to dangerous to tell it here.  

Could you tell me in private message?

I went there once and the place seemed wonderful. Yes there was HORRIBLE EVIL STUFF but I DID NOT CLICK ON IT because I am NOT STUPID ENOUGH to think the obvious traps aren't traps. Get real! Assassins are a myth, it's not like someone's going to make a website selling six hits and the seventh is free! (Ratchet and Clank reference haha)

I found a site that told me more about governments than school ever did and told me why censorship is evil. And another one with SO MANY BOOKS it was a library. I didn't read any because of time though. 

• 4 years later...

Well I went through some of the .onion sites nothing of the scary sounding stuff. One of the sites as I remember was a MLP streaming sites lol. And there were sites with survival tips and a I think it was anarchist library. 

I have visited the deep web.   Plenty of times.  So has everyone else when you access your bank account online.

I haven’t visited the Dark web though.  Don’t plan to. 

(edited)

Never have.

From what I've seen people are talking about all kinds of different things when they say "deep web". I think people these days who are only familiar with the most mainstream facebook and youtube web think anything "weird" is deep web.

Deep web means anything that isn't searchable. So basically it's 90% of the "nuts and bolts" of the internet. Only really interesting to web designers

There's something called dark web that's all about drugs, crime, and "carded" merchandise, stuff for sale that's been bought by credit card fraud.

I don't think 4chan counts since you can find it easily from normal search engines. I've looked at it a couple of times. There is lots of typical stuff and of course lots of weird stuff too.

I'm sure somebody here knows more about it than me.

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Yes, but I never have any plans to go back, especially 4chan.

4chan ain’t deep :P . 4chan would be the edge of the water of the “iceberg”.

As for me, no. Just with a friend once. We read the Anarchist Cookbook (which isn’t illegal to read or anything, just sketch which you can find a copy of .... elsewhere I guess).

• Brohoof 1

I have no interest in the Deep Web. I find the whole idea daunting and unsavory. I have a hard enough time figuring out the regular web so delving into the dark underbelly where I can be hacked is of no use to me. 

• Brohoof 1

A bit of a advice, best to surf there on the public computers. Anyways, I have visited weird sketchy sites but never planning to go on deeper. It’s not my expertise and it would be dumb for me to go into these sites without knowing what’s there or how to handle it. 

I've visited deep web and there's nothing scary like some people say. It's rather hardmod version of the clearnet, it's hard to find anything and half of the pages are dead, the other half requires you to pay to use the site/forum. I assume there's a closed community of old users who share working links between each other. Anyway even if you try to find illegal things like drugs or guns, you would probably only find dead pages and scam sites

• Brohoof 1

On 7/20/2020 at 2:26 AM, Fluttershutter said:

Deep web means anything that isn't searchable. So basically it's 90% of the "nuts and bolts" of the internet. Only really interesting to web designers

Indeed.

I usually also make the distinction between Deep Web (sites Google doesn't index), Dark Web (sites that can't be accessed without credentials; not just dodgy ones though, even google mail counts as Dark Web) and Dark Nets (overlay networks like TOR that hide traffic metadata; TOR is a bit of a special case though because most of the traffic there is just clearweb traffic using it as a free VPN provider, although all VPNs are Dark Net too, even the ones you use to dial in to your employer securely)

Confusing Deepweb/Darkweb/Darknets as all being the same thing and that thing being a crimenet, is pretty much a popular media thing though. most reporters are idiots when it comes to tech, and just want a sensational headline....

I barely use the internet. But I've been in the exoplanetary web. And while I was stationary outside the atmosphere, I received a weird advertising of planet earth as a vacationing site for, what I presume, would be extraplanetary species using human bodies.
And other travelers reported a message broadcasting the condoned sale of living human beings to extraterrestials by the goverment. It is interesting that the institution created to serve the people would allow a certain amount of people to be taken. It would explain the insane amout of people going missing per year in the US. The intraterrestrials gotta eat.

I have a few times, it's not really as exciting as everyone thinks

The only real why to get dark web sites is to visit the hidden wiki, which is a database of drug, gun, and other black market vendors

On 7/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, Fluttershutter said:

Let alone you would have to be given a link and specific servers to access it. (If you’re lucky just randomly come by it) But most of the giving link are baits for curious dark/deep inexperienced people 

18 minutes ago, HeavenSunset said:

Oh, I've always just used TOR

they have a proper dot-onion site, but its handy to be able to search without needing to start up TOR first

• Brohoof 1