Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will become of Twilight's Friends?

Fredbermudez

Outcome?  

14 users have voted

1. 1. ???Outcome??

• Would her friends die first?
    • Would her friends become Alicorns?

Pretty sure we all been thinking this. Would her friends die before she does? Alicorns does live longer. What would happen?

Would they all become alicorns, or would Twilight see her friends die in front of her eyes one at a time?  Put your thoughts here. 

Everyone has to die, some sooner than others. No one will know if the rest of the of the mane 6 will become alicorns until the end of generation 4. It has been stated that Twilight is not immortal, and that she will not out live her friends.

wo3wVYM.jpg

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

Well, first of all i'd like to say i don't think Alicorns are all immortal inherently.

Second of all, since they're all relatively close in age, so really its possible some of their group may die before one another.

Its also possible that ponies just live longer in general maybe, i mean granny smith is quite old from what we can gather, but thats other headcannon territory.

Personally i don't believe Twilight will be immortal or is immortal, if she is, then yes realistically she'd see her friends die.

However its not been directly stated Alicorns are immortal, or that they all live long, especially since there is only like 4 present in the show currently.

• Brohoof 1

She won't outlive her friends; Meghan said that herself.

post-18121-0-06975800-1385361300.png

Twilight isn't immortal like Celestia and Luna are. There is still the possiblity that some or all of her friends will die before her, but she still has the normal life span of a pony.

• Brohoof 1

We'll probably never know, I'm pretty sure it won't be cannon. So now it's up to you to decide, it's up to you to actually complete the story.

Imagination is epic lol. (Sometimes, I don't finish books and complete the story in my mind, this way I won't be disappointed.)

Here's mine:

Imagine old Rarity lol (Nope, won't tell you mine KUbAnTY.png .)

• Brohoof 1

Well, it seems to me that alicorns are, at the very least, very long lived. From that I would say that Twilight will most likely outlive her friends unless her friends all become alicorns as well (here's hoping that doesn't happen!).

I know everyone likes to point out that Meghan McCarthy quote, but that was simply said to allay your fears. They won't ever be forced to address the issue of Twilight out living her friends in the show. I just can't find any weight in a statement that they'll never have to follow through on.

I think the predominant difference between Celestia/Luna and Twilight is that the first two are nearly god-like in their status, abilities, size, etc. The sisters are still above Twilight in status and respect and Twilight still considers herself below them. The sisters seem to be immortal because I believe they are almost the religion of Equestria. They are Artemis and Apollo. 

Everyone has to die, some sooner than others. No one will know if the rest of the of the mane 6 will become alicorns until the end of generation 4. It has been stated that Twilight is not immortal, and that she will not out live her friends.

img-2034423-1-wo3wVYM.jpg

I guess friendship really is magic:

LHDV0cq.jpg

• Brohoof 1

She will not outlive her friends, though alicorns are known to have lived a very long time. They will not have to turn Twilight's friends into alicorns so, her friends might die sometime.

I'm not really concerned about them dying, I'm focused on the fact that each of her friends acted equally on saving Equestria. Why not Celestia make them alicorns also.

Because that wasn't their destiny and Twilight, we're told, was able to express and learn all of the element of friendship, including being a true leader.