Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Leona is really similar to Celestia.

John

post-6560-0-82093300-1385380710_thumb.pngpost-6560-0-74913500-1385380716.jpg

So basically, I've been playing some League of Legends lately and have noticed (after purchasing Leona and playing support for a while) that she is oddly similar to Celestia.  She warships the sun, and she sounds almost JUST LIKE HER.  I realize that they are voiced by two different people, but the similarities are striking.  Let me know what you all think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMRn0rvu-L0

I'm disappointed because she doesn't have wings and she doesn't look like she uses magic either.

They have have gotten a bit of an idea from Celestia, but I don't see it as similar enough. 

(obligatory, y r u not playing dota2 lol suxx)

I'm disappointed because she doesn't have wings and she doesn't look like she uses magic either.

They have have gotten a bit of an idea from Celestia, but I don't see it as similar enough. 

(obligatory, y r u not playing dota2 lol suxx)

It's true, but just because celestia is in her possition doesn't make her exclusively a magic-user.

And dota2 is broken.  In League, Riot works hard to make sure that everything and everyone is balanced and playable.  In Dota 2, however, if ONE thing becomes OP, instead of nerfing it, they choose to buff EVERYTHING ELSE.  The game is hectic, doesn't take as much skill, and is generally less enjoyable.  (Just my opinion)

she doesn't look like she uses magic either.
 Leona actually does use magic, her ult (summons a beam of sunlight from the sky) and w (A explosion of light) or some shit like that..

And I don't remember where I read it but riot said she is more of the embodiment of the sun.
  • Brohoof 2

@@John, I have no idea what your talking about :P The guy who balances dota2 (yes 1 guy) nerfs a lot and buffs a lot. At the moment there are maybe 10 heroes in the pool not being picked in pro dota. Ironically how you described lol I thought you where talking about lol and not dota ><.

Takes way more skill, you have to deny,  stack and use items (which have abilities).

But anyway, whatever floats your boast :) I will admit I am biased.

I get what your saying as well, but her magic is a bit of a defining feature of celestia, she raises the sun and all! I don't mean she needs to just use magic, but maybe for 1 ability like raising the sun or something.

Meh, while they're share some small similarities, they aren't really that similar. 

The most similar portion is that they both use the sun in some way. But frankly ones a pony, and another is a warrior women.

Its not really a totally new concept to have someone who uses the sun for combat, or just for anything, so its not like they're really based off one another. But there are some small similarities. Nothing to the point that i'd say they're really similar though.