S04:E03 - Castle Mane-ia  

393 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Hm... it was rather "eh" to me. :/

And yeah, I didn't wait for Saturday. Honestly, I hate live streams, with all the ads interrupting the Episode and what-not. Usually I just wait for it to be leaked on YouTube the next morning.

Anyway, alright. Um, I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thought this Episode lacked any purpose?

I mean, it's basically multiple plots all involving the Castle in some way, and suddenly, there's drama, running around and scared ponies... and nothing else for twenty minutes! ...besides Twilight reading a book, that is. It felt horribly disconnected and awkward for me to watch.

And there wasn't any Luna in it... nor Discord... I'm kinda disappointed.

Also, that whole "angel-supposedly-buried/dead-under-rubble" just struck me in a very wrong way. It seemed a far too... cruel. To me, that is.

...But, to the Episode's credit, some of the comic relief was pretty fun. And I was pleased to see Fluttershy handle the whole thing pretty well. I also give props to some of the animation in the Episode.

Loved this episode.

Pinkie Pie at her finest once more! Pinkie Pie's got some musical talent there! Never have seen Rainbow Dash that scared before. Angel bunny was just freaking adorable in the this episode, especially when he was stuffed with carrots hanging out with Twilight. 

Also, there were some recycled audio clips as well. The same scream Applejack let out when faced with the armored ponies was the same one used in "The Last Roundup". 

Overall, a really good episode.

I personally don't understand why some people seem to criminalize simplicity as a contrast to the premiere. Not every episode is going to be filled with action and a plot as good as the premiere gave us; slice of life means a basic plot which is just for fun (which means it may be predictable, yes. But that's not something fair to criticize. You're not the target audience, young kids are), just for the sake of the characters being themselves and doing whatever it is they do. That's what this episode did, and they pulled it off really well. Yeah it had its issues, but some of the complaints I'm seeing, I don't understand at all. People continue to find things to complain about, if you ask me :P

• Brohoof 9

Overall it was decent but not great.

very predictable overall. Knew pinkie was the organist from the start. The competition element between dash and AJ was nothing new and I think more could have been done with the juggling and intersection of storylines.

Still a lot to like about it though . All the character reactions and interactions were a lot of fun, and I thought they had a good handle on the characters here in general. Maybe I'm biased here, but I thought they had a good handle on Rarity, showing that she values art and aesthetics for their own sake, not just vanity. The cliffhanger was interesting and I wonder how it'll all work out.

And it looks like we have a new replacement for the letters to Celestia.

Currently just watching the episode flat out. I'm not gonna wait til Saturday bud. Plus with a title like Castle-Mania, you'd probably expect Castlevania references. Especially with a villian named the Pony of Shadows? If that's not evident enough I don't know what is.

It was a good episode. Above average but not quite stellar.

Gonna go over it eventually in my blog anyway, might do it more justice then.

A very strong first outing by Josh Haber, and considering that his earlier work seems to be all of two episodes of Kaijudo and nothing else... impressive.

Also liked Spike in the episode. Haber's Spike seems pretty solid, and I hope it stays that way because we really need more people that can write a really good Spike.

Edited by RWB2

A very strong first outing by Josh Haber, and considering that his earlier work seems to be all of two episodes of Kaijudo and nothing else... impressive.

Really? That is impressive. Given that one of the strengths of the episode were the character interactions and reactions, I figured it was by one of the series vets. Not bad for a first timer.

The episode was great.I loved the part with rainbow dash and applejack were competing for most daring pony.I wonder if we will find out who that pony was that showed up at the end of the episode.I want to give this episode a 9/10

Ummmm...Hi I'm new here. But whatever. ou guys keep saying "That episode was awesome!", and I would like to watch it, but I don't know where to find it....

I looked on Youtube to find the episode, and it was there, but...someone removed it....

Is there another way??? :D :D :D

I'm not going to say the episode was the best, however it wasn't bad. It was just right in my opinion.

It was a nice breather to have after the action of the premier with a more slow and humorous episode. I honestly disliked how the ending was so obvious.

This episode did make me laugh a lot, I couldn't stop laughing when Fluttershy thought Angel was crushed and then Applejack jumps onto the pillar that she thought fell on Angel. I couldn't stop laughing at that moment.

I give it a 7 out of 10. 

Somewhat boring. Predictable and didn't follow a consistent plot; it's basically just "hey we're gonna explore this castle because dadada and it's probably haunted but let's do it anyway". Also, it seems out of character for ponies like Applejack and Rainbow Dash to be so scared of little things like armor. And Twilight happened to be the only one brave enough to approach the "Pony of Shadows" even though bravery wasn't emphasized as one of her stronger traits.

• Brohoof 1

Well first off, I hate that it got leaked.

...Cause I couldn't resist to watch it.

AAAAHHHH NOOO NOT THE BEEEEESS AAAHHHHH

I liked the episode, as all of you say, the whole thing reminded me of Scooby Doo.

What I really really liked about the episode was also the first thing I noticed. It was kind of linked with the first episodes! I really wish they continue doing this so we get one long story instead of many short ones that we can't put in a special order.

This episode was very funny and all of the ponies (especially Fluttershy) had some funny scenes. The facial expressions in the episode were PRICELESS. I mean just look at this xD

483442__safe_solo_applejack_screencap_fa

Best face ever. lmao.

Anyways, I liked that they had hidden walls and all that, exactly like in scooby doo :3 It made the whole episode mysterious and exciting.

Pinkie Pie was adorable and funny in the start and ending of the episode <3

483800__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_animated_ca

...I liked that they brought back the Applejack vs Rainbow Dash fight and the story was [insert not bad pic here].

Though, what I didn't like about the episode was the ending. Awwww... It kinda ruined it x) I was hoping that no one were there and they'd go home or something lol

Oh I really hope they will continue the whole season as some sort of search for those keys or something. I love when episodes follows a story

• Brohoof 2

I enjoyed it very much so. I was determined to wait till saturday to watch, but it didn't happen. :(

lol, oh well. better luck next wednesday.

I enjoyed Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack the most in this one, especially the familiar, competitive dynamic between the latter two.
Few of Spike's lines got healthy laughs out of me, and I'm happy to see that Twilight is still in her old, adorkable self.
About that supposed "plot twist", though... How did anyone *NOT* see that coming from lightyears away?

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

I love the fact that Rarity got the **** kicked out of her... Man I died laughing during most of her scenes.. the over the edge criing and whine scenes were pure gold.

even Pinkie Pie despite not being there much had ever moment golden... Truly all the facial expression and dialog was pure gold in this ep... Differently one of the best

Edited by Flipturn
Spoiler tag

I liked the new leaked ep :3 it was pretty funny. I also liked how the episode didn't focus on a specific character, but instead gave all the Mane 6 members some spotlight time. I felt like that was a really good move since all the attention has been on Twilight recently.

• Brohoof 5

I also liked how the episode didn't focus on a specific character, but instead gave all the Mane 6 members some spotlight time. 

I agree with this completely. I've always loved the episodes that give all the mane 6 screen time instead of just focusing on one character.

But, in regards to the new episode, I found the ending to be very predictable. I knew who was playing the organ right away haha. Also, I found it hilarious when Fluttershy thought Angel got smashed xD

• Brohoof 3

This episode was just amazing! It reminds me so much of Season 1. The characters, the dialogues, the story... everything was great. I loved Pinkie Pie in all her crazyness. 

I really hope Season 4 continues like this. And the animation was awesome.

But I would like your help, guys. I just can't understand what Pinkie says in the pipe organ scene. English is not my first language, so...

When she says: "... so I went to Everfree Forest to pick some, but it started to get so chilly...<here comes the phrase I don't understand> and then I saw Fluttershy...". I can't understand that phrase, no matter how many times I hear it, lol. Why does she have to speak so fast!?

Can someone please tell me what she says? Pretty please?!

Edited by StarSwirl

This episode was just amazing! It reminds me so much of Season 1. The characters, the dialogues, the story... everything was great. I loved Pinkie Pie in all her crazyness. 

I really hope Season 4 continues like this. And the animation was awesome.

But I would like your help, guys. I just can't understand what Pinkie says in the pipe organ scene. English is not my first language, so...

When she says: "... so I went to Everfree Forest to pick some, but it started to get so chilly...<here comes the phrase I don't understand> and then I saw Fluttershy...". I can't understand that phrase, no matter how many times I hear it, lol. Why does she have to speak so fast!?

Can someone please tell me what she says? Pretty please?!

@StarSwirl I think she says

"I had to wrap myself up in the tarp I was gonna use to carry the flowers"

but I'm not sure

Edited by JonPear
  • Brohoof 1