NavelColt

S04:E03 - Castle Mane-ia  

393 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

The design and humour is really changing... for the better. The design of the ancient library is amazing, the art style is very different. The bee suit scene was also really funny, a new type of humour. MLP season 4 had bad expectation because of EQG and Twilicorn, but this is better than expected!

Alrighty, time for some Season 4, Episode 3 goodness!  Not judging anyone who did watch it, but I for one am glad that I've waited until today to check out this week's episode despite the leak.  Very, very interested to see more of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's old castle.  Just about 5 minutes away everypony, let's do this!!!  :muffins:

Edited by Batbrony

:huh: Huh, apparently Spike has arachnophobia; I feel ya little guy, I don't like them creepy crawlies either.  Twilight fangasming over all these books is too cute!!!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Well, I can honestly say that I never thought I'd live to see Rainbow Dash and Applejack scared by Fluttershy (albeit, inadvertently  ;)).  Pretty fun episode so far.  :)

Oh my gosh, is it just me or is this shaping up to be one of the funniest episodes yet?  We've got about three or four subplots going on right now, they're all hilarious and quite wonderfully paced, and I for one am loving every minute of this!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

That was AWESOME!  The pacing was the best it's been.  The jokes hit right on every time.  The overall story was great, and the cliffhanger at the end was executed well.  This has to be one of if not my favorite episode. 

Hmm. For someone who had no idea this had been leaked until this morning I kinda figured it all out right away. Thankfully it was quite enjoyable for the Scooby Doo homage it was, because some of the writing was a bit off. Though I may have to watch it again later. Sometimes the hype messes it up for me.

That may be the first time I enjoyed Angel's attitude, though.

:huh: So I guess that diary format is going to replace the letters to Princess Celestia, huh?  Makes sense I guess; after all, wouldn't make much sense if Twilight was still writing letters to Celestia now that she's a princess and not really her student anymore (officially, at least).  Guess this also means that Applejack technically wrote the last letter to Princess Celestia.  :comeatus:

RIP Letters: you were a great format for recapping lessons about the magic of friendship for three seasons, but your time has come to an end.  -_-

Pretty good episode. Some great animation and images, some decent humor, and some elements that are very reminiscent of Scooby Doo.

If there was one thing I didn't like, it was how predictable the plot was. I mean I saw from 5 miles away that it would be Pinkie playing the organ. Though that cliffhanger was amazing and apparently Pinkie can play the organ good.

Looks like diaries are gonna replace letters to celestia, interesting

I'm not gonna be able to join you guys this morning but I'll leave you with this

Fluttershy was too freaking adorable in this episode.

My heart pretty much exploded into kittens when Angel "died." It did it again when she found out he was okay and got embarrassed. I just wanted to give the poor thing a hug. :(

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 2

My initial thought was that it was a safe episode, and to an extent that's true, but that doesn't make it in anyway a bad episode. It was the right episode at the right time. A few thoughts pre-blog.

He used each character and I really enjoyed how he used them. The story flowed really nice! I loved how Twilight took charge. :-)

A few weird things. The star spiders went nowhere, which seems a shame. Alicorn stallion statues everywhere!

Future stuff. The journal is the two sisters sounds awesome! The friends writing a journal? Yes, eye, yes, yes! Ah yes.

The episode was great. Gotta love the little challenges AJ and RD have. Felt it was a bit obvious that the "Shadow Pony" was Pinkie though. Maybe the whole journal thing would be like for their keeping and they will still do the letters for Celestia. 

Wow! Finally watched it and I liked it quite a bit. I love how it tied directly into the season opener, which is making me excited for the possibility of a flowing, coherent season like a real show. xD The animation was spectacular and I loved the expressions they gave everyone, like using Twilight's wings to exaggerate her smiles and emotions. 

Rarity and Fluttershy was very enjoyable, and I fell off my chair laughing when Fluttershy thought Angel was crushed. (That sounds morbid when I type it out, but I swear to God, it was funny.) I actually really loved Rarity in this episode, trying to restore ancient art so everyone can enjoy it, and I didn't see much greed on her part at all. And she knew Fluttershy was overreacting about Angel, so that may explain her eye-roll when Fluttershy started looking for the nasty little rabbit. 

It was also very refreshing to see the rivalry between AJ and RD rekindled! Fall Weather Friends is one of my favorite episodes, and seeing the whole bee-state contest was very fun. ^^

All in all, it was a great episode, with just the perfect balance of humor and slice-of-life. 

Although is it just me, or has Pinkie's voice gotten higher and harder to understand?

Edited by Miss Earl Grey
  • Brohoof 4

Fluttershy was too freaking adorable in this episode.

My heart pretty much exploded into kittens when Angel "died." It did it again when she found out he was okay and got embarrassed. I just wanted to give the poor thinga hug. :(

I felt exactly the same way, her shout of horror after the pillar fell went straight through my heart.

• Brohoof 1