Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Torchwood: Equestria Voice Actors/Artists/Co-Writer/Editor Wanted!

Silent_Bob

*Update*

Unfortunately, all voice-acting spots are currently taken. However, I'm sure more characters will pop up eventually and/or someone will drop out. Keep an eye on our forums in case this happens :). We're always looking for more artists, of course.

Hey everybody! To be straight forward, for a while now I've been brainstorming a particular topic, that being if Equestria had a Torchwood, what would it be like, what would they fight?

What's Torchwood? Er... you probably shouldn't be reading beyond here. Go watch Dr. Who.

Anyway, after a lot of deliberation I've finally decided on a way to make the idea work, and have come up with a cast of characters I think would be fun and interesting to see together. No, this isn't a direct parody of Torchwood the TV Series (and will not parody any characters save for Captain Jack), and in this particular canon, this Captain Jack Harkness is native to Equestria. However, he does have a special connection with the Doctor, he still can't die, and he still wants to have his way with everything that moves. And for the series in general, I'm definitely planning on making it more light-hearted than Torchwood.

Before I continue, have a looksie the preview and theme video to be played before every episode here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glEA06xs9Fw

God **** I love that theme song. But yeah, as you can see, the characters are composed of a mainly ones we've heard of already, save for Echo and 456 (the Changeling). Their personalities will remain largely intact, as well. Lyra is still giddy/goofy and interested in humans, Trixie is still a braggart, and Fancy Pants is still the gentleman all of us should work to be.

Fleur is Fleur.

I don't know what Fleur is, really. Trophy wife? Meh. We'll develop her personality later.

Basically, what I have planned for the show itself is pretty simple. It'll be similar to the Dr. Whooves adventures, a basic radio play with images to help tell the story. Animations might be laced here and there if I can be assed. I plan on having each episode probably be about 10-20 minutes long and have there be about ten episodes per season.

Each episode could either be free-standing or story-based, but all are linked together by an overarching storyline, the first season revolving around the mysterious underworld master known only as Mengsk, pretty much a combination of The Joker and Slade from Teen Titans (animated). Villains will be composed of anything from creepypasta monsters ponified, to MLP villains, to Dr. Who crossover villains, to whatever else comes to mind. Some episodes might not even have a villain and just be all about fun character development.

However, to make this all work I'm going to need a few things:

1. Voice actors. A must, really - I can't cover them all myself. I typically like to have one voice actor cover up to three characters and no more, and naturally there will be more than just the ones in the theme. A list of the ones I can think of so far are:

Captain Jack Harkness (I'm voicing since my voice sounds oddly similar)
Fancy Pants
Trixie
Lyra
Echo
456 (The Changeling)
Vinyl Scratch
Moria (the demon pony seen in the intro)
Mengsk
Princess Luna (Torchwood's Current royal contact)
Princess Celestia

*Update*

Characters I Forgot To Mention (Can Try Out For):

Starswirl the Bearded
Clover the Clever
The Rake
The Demon King
Derpy Hooves
The Doctor
The Master

2. I'll also be neeeding artists! Mainly those who can draw characters and the occasional background. I'll arrange everything according to what the script calls for once I have the bits and pieces needed for it. I can do basic art myself if needed.

3. A co-writer would not be totally needed, but it'd be fun to have someone bounce ideas off of. Two co-writers could be cool, too. Maybe after we discuss and root down the season story and character personalities then I'll be comfortable with letting others write individual episodes. A few editors would be nice too, though not necessary.

So yeah! Pretty much all I can think of saying. Hope you guys enjoyed the idea, and if you want to be part of the whole thing, shoot me an email at neuroticaproductions@gmail.com saying what you want to do. If you want to voice act, tell me who you'd like to do in particular and give me a few sample lines (improvisation is fine). If you want to be an artist, co-writer, or even an animator, be sure to send me some credentials!

Hope you all have a good evening!

Edited by Silent_Bob

Dear sir, I was hooked by the bloody title. 

I would love to work on this project, since I am an avid doctor who and torchwood fan.  

I would love to help out in the writing department, as well as voice act. I'll be sending you an email soon mate, once I've got the time. 

Thanks for your replies, everyone :). Gots an update.

*Update*

Characters I Forgot To Mention (Can Try Out For):

Starswirl the Bearded
Clover the Clever
The Rake
The Demon King
Derpy Hooves
The Doctor
The Master

Hm... I can try out for a voice actor. I'll need to voice a male character, though. (And no, I don't have a British accent)

I guess I could be the Master. Or maaaaybe we could sneak Thunderlane in? He is a nice looking pony and, as Jack, he gets all the mares.

EDIT: Gonna get a voice sample for the roles and I'll send it your way.

Edited by caramba2654

I would definitely enjoy trying out for this. Torchwood is the best thing ever. 

Question, Is the Changeling male or female, and are there lines to use for auditioning?

I'll probably try out for Fancy Pants, The Demon King, The Doctor and The Master. VERY SOOON.

Edited by xXthevenomousXx

I am an artist, so I can make some of the art for this! :D

This sounds like it will be an interesting project, and I'm more than willing to help out with it... especially since it has something to do with Doctor Whooves ^.^ I'll email you a link to some art later on.

Blast: we meet again <.<

Edited by Rocket

We do, Rocket. You're just the pony to know, aren't you? :ph34r:  

But I happen to be a massive Doctor Who fan, ever since Jon Pertwee; Tom Baker is my favorite. So I had to poke my head in here and ask a little more about it. I wish I had a better microphone to audition. But if you need any help writing for a classic doctor, I can certainly help with the continuity of personality nuances. :squee:

Edited by Blast Box

While I know very little about Dr. Who, and pretty much Nothing of Torchwood, I am very interested in this project. (I should really get into Dr. Who and Torchwood though. I hear they are both quite Epic.)

I'll certainly be trying out for voicing a few character eventually. In fact, I just bought myself a Blue Yeti microphone for doing just this sort of thing. later on down the lines, after doing research and shtuff, I will compile some sort of audition reel and send it off to you. I look forward to hearing more about this project as it unfolds. :3

I can most definitely try the demon king. I'm a professional voice editor. No, really. That's my part time since I can do that at home. I'm a foley artist by trade though. And a Literature Teacher. :I

Anywho, I can do the demon king but only with my voice filtered. I'll send a sample of my voice with filters added.